[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections: Bengals WRs

whiskey

:wacko:

You know what you can do with that fake ass wink? :D...seriously anytime you try and criticize someone you add that lame ass

wink to your post so that when they call you out on it you can say didnt you see the "WINK"....blah blah blah it went over your head, blah blah blah...just save it ok

Sooner or later the huddle will be right by predicting a better/bigger game from Chad then from TJ. :wacko:

I have projected that Housh would have better games than Chad almost every week of the season.

:rolleyes:I have an idea why dont you start a weekly post and show your projections and let us decide just how good they are :D

Housh was, before this year and continues to be, the better/more consistent fantasy WR.

are you F'n kidding me? Seriously what do you base that statement on?

Better? Both CJ and TJ have been starters together since the 2004 season....

Fantasy Points Scored

YR......CJ...........TJ

07PACE...262.40....331.43

BOTH WRs are on pace for their best production over the last 4 yrs

Fantasy Rank

YR......CJ......TJ

TJ has also missed 4 games over the past few seasons while CJ has missed NONE

He gets a ton of receptions, goes over the middle to make the tough catches and has even made some big plays happen.

Tons of receptions? He has averaged 80 catches/yr over the last 3 seasons....yes this yr coupled with his first 90 catch season ever last year will help increase that average but dont say he makes TONS OF RECEPTIONS because its not true(and dont try and back pedal and say you mean this yr...you said TJ HAS BEEN BETTER so you bring prior performance into the equation)

Yeah TJ goes over the middle and makes tough catches(just curious how many CINN games you have seen the past 3 years to make that assumption on your own versus by what others say about him)....

Now what about this: "has even made some big plays happen" what is that supposed to mean? do you mean that because you saw him score a couple of long TDs this yr that he is a big play threat? Did you know that TJ is averaging just 10.8YPC the lowest YPC of his career.....TJ is having a phenomenal season but he is not having it because he is a big play threat.

TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST(to many quotes)

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This may just be the year that TJ finishes with better stats than Chad.

Wow that is really a bold statement there considering that TJ has a 30.2 point lead on CJ so far :D

Unless of course Chad blows up for his 2-3 huge games to bump his numbers and then falls back to Earth for the rest of the year again.

last year was definitely an up and down year for CJ but even with last yr from 2004-2006 CJ has 13 games out of 48 games where he has scored under 10 pts....during that same time Marvin Harrison(who was considered a top 3 WR during that time) has 11 single digit games

and even as up and down as CJs season was last yr he still had more weeks of double digit production then he did of single digit.

Even if he does that, Housh is still the better fantasy play from week to week as he consistently puts up very solid stats, including a few BIG games, and very rarely pulls the disappearing acts that we see from Chad.

number of weeks from 2003-2006 that TJ put up single digits=21

oh and i am not going to include a :D so that i can just say i was just kidding.

CJ is all about the monster games, Housh is all about the steady production. It's been that way for a couple of seasons now, so it all depends on what you're looking for in a FFL player. I can see where the weekly projections get tricky, because you never know when CJ is going to go off.

As a TJ owner (I dig the consistent production), I'm not looking forward to Henry's return. I agree with the previous comment that Henry will eat into Housh's production while CJ's will remain more or less the same. We TJ owners may have to settle for a score every other game instead of a score in every game! :D

Perception equals reality but that doesnt make it true....betweek 2003-2006 CJ has 13 single digit games while TJ has 21....this year CJ has 2 and TJ has none

Edited by keggerz

Hi David,

As I said above, I love the projections and think they are a great resource for us Huddlers. I meant no disrespect.

Your football analysis in this situation makes sense, and in my original post, I agreed that CJ is a more talented receiver. But for reasons that many have named here, TJ has been a more consistent red zone threat. He runs more routes over the middle (slants at the goal line), and benefits from the attention that Chad is paid by the defense. Even in the past, Chad's TDs have been more the result of big plays, which are less consistent and harder to predict. So I sympathize.

My original post didn't advocate for sitting either player, both are studs. It's just interesting as a TJ owner to check projections across numerous sites and still see him behind Chad in projected points every week, when that's rarely been the case this year. I would be more confident starting TJ each week than Chad. I thought it would spark some discussion from owners on each side.

Hi David,

As I said above, I love the projections and think they are a great resource for us Huddlers. I meant no disrespect.

Your football analysis in this situation makes sense, and in my original post, I agreed that CJ is a more talented receiver. But for reasons that many have named here, TJ has been a more consistent red zone threat. He runs more routes over the middle (slants at the goal line), and benefits from the attention that Chad is paid by the defense. Even in the past, Chad's TDs have been more the result of big plays, which are less consistent and harder to predict. So I sympathize.

My original post didn't advocate for sitting either player, both are studs. It's just interesting as a TJ owner to check projections across numerous sites and still see him behind Chad in projected points every week, when that's rarely been the case this year. I would be more confident starting TJ each week than Chad. I thought it would spark some discussion from owners on each side.

i dont want to start any trouble but i have to ask how does what CJ is projected for effect what TJ is projected for if you only own TJ? Alll of his projections(TJs) have been worthy of starting him...he has out performed those projections, I just dont see how it matters what CJ is projected for unless you own both and can only start one :D

I think if you asked CJ and TJ themselves, they'd be unable to accurately predict their own stats...and they know the game plan. :D

I'd call you all dumbasses, but hate to state the obvious.

Edit: :D

I think if you asked CJ and TJ themselves, they'd be unable to accurately predict their own stats...and they know the game plan. :wacko:

I'd call you all dumbasses, but hate to state the obvious.

Edit: :wacko:

Screw you you country rebel redneck

:D:D

Hi David,

Pretty much what I was gonna say. I wasn't replying to anything in this thread based on the predictions that the huddle has set forth, honestly I haven't even read them for the last 2 years :D Not that they are bad or I don't agree with them, it's more based on the fact that I've been playing this game for 15 years now and I should be able to predict what the players are going to do. No disrespect to anyone, I'd just rather go with my own judgement on things.

that was a TYPO and i fixed it....you can see by my weekly summary that i had him at 3 TDs...

now outside of that maybe your expectations of CJ as a #1 WR is a bit off since he has only had 10 TDs once in a season...what you get with CJ is 87-95 catches/year with 1274-1400+ yards/year and 7-10 TDs....CJ like all other WRs will have games where they dont produce TOP 3 #s but he produces week in and week out and has done it consistently for 4 1/2 seasons....WR is probably the most inconsistent positions you will find yet CJ consistently produces and yeah you have to look at RAW stats because that is what he produces....now I dont have the time to do it but maybe someone else wants to look at his production in a different manner and break it down by his weekly avg and how many times he performs at or above that average..but i honestly dont even see how he is wildly inconsistent this year...he only has 2 weeks with single digit fantasy scoring(6.8 & 7.6) ...I think what the major problem with CJ this year is that everyone is in envy of TJs phenomenal production and TD pace.

Well before the season I had the Bengals vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Is it wrong for me to expect a career year? I expected more, I wanted more, i still demand more :D I thought Palmer was going to have his best season to date, I was wrong. I've learned from this. To respond to AZ, of course I don't expect TJ to score 18 TD's to Chad's 6, stop being a dolt. I expected Chad and Palmer to have a Manning and Harrison type career year, that's what i thought might happen. What I see is what David has stated, teams slated to stop CJ at all costs and thus TJ is going nuts thus far. Hopefully Henry can come back and take some of the pressure off CJ but that doesn't necessarily equate to Palmer going to Chad more, he may just throw to TJ EVEN more, we don't know. What I do know is that CJ is not living up to the expectations that I personally set forth for him based on MY ranking I came up with. Yes i start CJ every week regardless, but I want more TD's and more consistent #'s, is that really so mush to ask? It's what I predicted, what I wanted to happen, it just didn't work out that way.

We'll have to agree to disagree Keg.

I have projected that Housh would have better games than Chad almost every week of the season.

Wow, you are amazing. Brilliant insight. :D

Every morning, before I wake up, I predict I'm going to take a hugh dump, and when I wake up BAM!, I take a dump. It's quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

Oh, and before I forget: :D

Sooner or later the huddle will be right by predicting a better/bigger game from Chad then from TJ. :D

I have projected that Housh would have better games than Chad almost every week of the season. Housh was, before this year and continues to be, the better/more consistent fantasy WR. He gets a ton of receptions, goes over the middle to make the tough catches and has even made some big plays happen. Chad continues to pull coverage and Housh benefits from it. Housh is the Bengals #1 WR and I will continue to project him out as so. This may just be the year that TJ finishes with better stats than Chad. Unless of course Chad blows up for his 2-3 huge games to bump his numbers and then falls back to Earth for the rest of the year again. Even if he does that, Housh is still the better fantasy play from week to week as he consistently puts up very solid stats, including a few BIG games, and very rarely pulls the disappearing acts that we see from Chad.

Where do you get these projections ?

I tried www.egomaniac.com, but, ironically, that was a Chad Johnson fan site.

You know what you can do with that fake ass wink? :D...seriously anytime you try and criticize someone you add that lame ass

wink to your post so that when they call you out on it you can say didnt you see the "WINK"....blah blah blah it went over your head, blah blah blah...just save it ok

:rolleyes:I have an idea why dont you start a weekly post and show your projections and let us decide just how good they are :D

are you F'n kidding me? Seriously what do you base that statement on?

Better? Both CJ and TJ have been starters together since the 2004 season....

Fantasy Points Scored

YR......CJ...........TJ

07PACE...262.40....331.43

BOTH WRs are on pace for their best production over the last 4 yrs

Fantasy Rank

YR......CJ......TJ

TJ has also missed 4 games over the past few seasons while CJ has missed NONE

Tons of receptions? He has averaged 80 catches/yr over the last 3 seasons....yes this yr coupled with his first 90 catch season ever last year will help increase that average but dont say he makes TONS OF RECEPTIONS because its not true(and dont try and back pedal and say you mean this yr...you said TJ HAS BEEN BETTER so you bring prior performance into the equation)

Yeah TJ goes over the middle and makes tough catches(just curious how many CINN games you have seen the past 3 years to make that assumption on your own versus by what others say about him)....

Now what about this: "has even made some big plays happen" what is that supposed to mean? do you mean that because you saw him score a couple of long TDs this yr that he is a big play threat? Did you know that TJ is averaging just 10.8YPC the lowest YPC of his career.....TJ is having a phenomenal season but he is not having it because he is a big play threat.

TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST(to many quotes)

Awesome post, especially the part about Irish' use of the :wacko:

Wow that is really a bold statement there considering that TJ has a 30.2 point lead on CJ so far :D

last year was definitely an up and down year for CJ but even with last yr from 2004-2006 CJ has 13 games out of 48 games where he has scored under 10 pts....during that same time Marvin Harrison(who was considered a top 3 WR during that time) has 11 single digit games

and even as up and down as CJs season was last yr he still had more weeks of double digit production then he did of single digit.

number of weeks from 2003-2006 that TJ put up single digits=21

oh and i am not going to include a :D so that i can just say i was just kidding.

Post 1 + Post 2 = Owned

Sooner or later the huddle will be right by predicting a better/bigger game from Chad then from TJ. :D

That is weird. In Fantasy University you said the following the in Chad Johnson Link:

Based on 1370 yards and 7TDs from last year

I voted much better but could've been a bit better depending on td totals. I think his yardage will go up slightly but he should add about 4-5 more tds.

In the Housh thread you stated this:

I voted the same as I think he will put up about 1,100 yds and almost 10 tds.

That is weird. In Fantasy University you said the following the in Chad Johnson Link:

Good lord :D

:D

:D

edt: :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Irish' use of the :D reminds me of this quote from 'Talladega Nights'

Ricky Bobby: With all due respect, I didn't realize you'd gotten experimental surgery to get your balls removed

Larry Dennit, Jr: "What did you-- What did you say? What was that?"

Ricky: "Well, what? I said 'With all due respect.'"

Larry Dennit, Jr: "That doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me."

Ricky: "It sure as heck does."

Larry Dennit, Jr: "No, no, it doesn't mean that."

Ricky: "It's in the Geneva Convention. Look it up."