[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what's the deal with the Oakland backfield?

rai

Sorry if I missed any previous discussion it's seems hard to understand with the Oak RBs both having about the same yards and carries this year.

Is there anything wrong with Jordan (injury or is he in the doghouse?)

I hear Fargus is going to be the starter how does it work in Oaktown?

Thanks

Jordan lost his job fairly quickly. I dont trust any RB on that team

Not sure I agree - Jordan put up some nice numbers early in the season, and Fargas has put up one or two nice weeks in a row now. Raiders seem to be able to run the ball fairly well this year, I think fargas is a pretty valuable guy to have right now, wish I had him.

And I certainly like Fargas more right now than I do the henry/Young fiasco in Denver.

I think that even if THenry plays....Young will still put up better numbers to Fargas. (in response to the denver backfield comparison)

we're talking about the same Selvin Young? He's not done a bit this year when Henry is in the picture. Henry hurt he did ok (no TDs) and Denver looks putrid. And Henry is not suspended yet

we're talking about the same Selvin Young? He's not done a bit this year when Henry is in the picture. Henry hurt he did ok (no TDs) and Denver looks putrid. And Henry is not suspended yet

in my local with PPR...he's shown great promise...

all I would ask of him is 50+ rushing yds and 5 receptions....

Fargas can't last in this league...he's an injury waiting to happen.

Good point. Also with Kiffen...I don't trust that guy. He could put Jordan in as starter against the Bears and say "Ya, this was decided upon at the beginning of the week." He plays all those stupid games us fantasy players love to hate!

Edited by RaiderSteve

I have the same situation...

I own Young and Fargus is on the wire....

I like the potential of Young more so then Fargus being a starter down the stretch...

Young is my 4th back behing Jacobs, E.Graham and S.Jax, and we start two, so the only reason i would think about Fargus would be so that no one else in my league could have him.

I think everybody should just stay away Oaklands backfield...not worth the headache

I think everybody should just stay away Oaklands backfield...not worth the headache

In a non-PPR league, conventional scoring:

week 1 - Jordan, 21.9 pts

week 2 - Jordan, 15.9 pts

week 3 - Jordan, 21.3 pts

week 4 - Jordan, 8.1 pts, goes out in second quarter with an injury, Fargas scores 17.9 pts

week 5 - bye

week 6 - Jordan, 8.8 pts

week 7 - Jordan, 6.9 pts

week 8 - Jordan, 1.6 pts, Fargas 9.7 pts, Fargas appears to win the starting job here

week 9 - Fargas, 17.9 pts

Reasonably productive, and in this season with all the injuries, I don't see how you can dismiss the question of who starts for the Raiders as readily as some here want to. It's worth some headache IMO.

I didn't do the calculations, but I suspect Oakland RBs have more FF points than Denver RBs (this year).

Henry + Selvin have scored a grand total of ONE TD this year (half a season)

week 1 - Jordan, 21.9 pts

week 2 - Jordan, 15.9 pts

week 3 - Jordan, 21.3 pts

week 4 - Jordan, 8.1 pts, goes out in second quarter with an injury, Fargas scores 17.9 pts

week 5 - bye

week 6 - Jordan, 8.8 pts

week 7 - Jordan, 6.9 pts

week 8 - Jordan, 1.6 pts, Fargas 9.7 pts, Fargas appears to win the starting job here

week 9 - Fargas, 17.9 pts

Reasonably productive, and in this season with all the injuries, I don't see how you can dismiss the question of who starts for the Raiders as readily as some here want to. It's worth some headache IMO.

I will say after a bit of consideration, I did choose to pick up Fargas over Young when both are available. I can just see Henry mucking the waters for some weeks to come.