[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's questionable on behalf of the Huddle

Cunning Runt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, this is not your house. The moderators and the people who run this board get to decide what's appropriate here, not you. No one is saying you don't have the right to be d!ckhead, they're just saying take it somewhere else, d!ckhead.

So you're the decision maker around here? Who are you to call someone a name? Runt in this thread is trying to have an open discussion here and you've resorted to name calling? Its time for bed STL Fan, you've got a big test in English tomorrow, you need your rest.

C'mon, we're talking about a guy who has to label human compassion, empathy and decency as "bleeding hearts" so he can sleep at night and not think about how wrong it is that he wishes actual physical injury on another human being for no other reason other than their profession.

oh, i see. well, i guess that makes it OK.

:D

c'mon pirate. even if you don't like the guys, you don't need to hope injury upon them. by doing that, you put yourself right in their league, if indeed they are as bad as you suspect. and you are arguing a different case vs. runt. he wants them hurt so he can pick up a few bucks. you want them hurt because you think they are bad people or are of poor character. both desires are just wrong, plain and simple. also, a saying about casting stones also comes to mind ...

Pick up a few bucks?

I don't care about the money.

Herm Edwards said it best.

"We Play To Win The Game." I just want to win. Period. But fair and square.

from his first post in this thread. who again wants to have a discussion without name calling?

:D And he called us names just for being human!

You're talking about decency all the while you're trying to censor what is said...

The powers that be may be trying to censor what is being said, but that is their right as they own the board. The rest of us are just calling a douchebag a douchebag. It's a pretty straightforward process.

oh, i see. well, i guess that makes it OK.

:D

c'mon pirate. even if you don't like the guys, you don't need to hope injury upon them. by doing that, you put yourself right in their league, if indeed they are as bad as you suspect. and you are arguing a different case vs. runt. he wants them hurt so he can pick up a few bucks. you want them hurt because you think they are bad people or are of poor character. both desires are just wrong, plain and simple. also, a saying about casting stones also comes to mind ...

Amani Toomer dove into Nick Barnett's knee, trying to seriously injure him... For that, I think he deserves to have he's knee blown up... And you know what? It's ok for me to think that. It's called irony, him trying to hurt someone, then having it happen to them... I'm not doing it myself.

Just for future reference, who are you to tell anyone on here what is wrong?

As far as casting stones... What about an eye for an eye? Toomer tried to hurt Barnett afterall...

But fair and square.

then why not just play the game, do your research, start your players and enjoy the thrill of the contest. if you win, you win, if you don't, you don't. desiring injuries for others hardly seems fair and square.

i'm betting, no, i'm certain that herm would prefer not to win this way and does not relish any player on an opposing team going down.

The powers that be may be trying to censor what is being said, but that is their right as they own the board. The rest of us are just calling a douchebag a douchebag. It's a pretty straightforward process.

+ 1000 :D

C'mon, we're talking about a guy who has to label human compassion, empathy and decency as "bleeding hearts" so he can sleep at night and not think about how wrong it is that he wishes actual physical injury on another human being for no other reason other than their profession.

Fantasy Football is a game to be won. What part of that don't you get?

Seriously. That's all it is. A game. The players are pieces. Nothing more, nothing less.

Amani Toomer dove into Nick Barnett's knee, trying to seriously injure him... For that, I think he deserves to have he's knee blown up... And you know what? It's ok for me to think that. It's called irony, him trying to hurt someone, then having it happen to them... I'm not doing it myself.

Just for future reference, who are you to tell anyone on here what is wrong?

As far as casting stones... What about an eye for an eye? Toomer tried to hurt Barnett afterall...

how can you be so certain about toomer's intentions?

I'm not talking about the mods. I'm talking about STL Fan resorting to calling him a dickhead. You're no better either. CR is putting his opinion out there and you guys are quick to tell him that he's wrong or a jerk for having an opinion that differs from you...

Rovers - I respect almost all of what you say, but I don't this.

You think it's sick. I think the people taking shots at me now are pretty pathetic myself. Waaahhh.... someone hopes for FF injuries so he can win his game....waaaahhhh. Y'all just come across to me as a bunch of bleeding hearts and it f'ng irritates me.

I post threads like this inviting your criticism. But I do want to be able to have the dialogue without getting locked.

Fair enough, and I respect your opinion, despite obviously strongly disagreeing with it. I can honestly say that there was never a player in the NFL I wished an injury upon.... the difference is in whether or not a player I don't like DOES get hurt... then I shed no tears nor have any sympathy for them. I just have trouble with wishing pain and injuries on anyone. There is plenty enough misery and pain to go around without wishing for it. If that makes me a bleeding heart, than so be it. I do find it even harder to take when injuries are wished upon players that are the good guys, the ones that stay out of trouble, put team first and are in general pretty decent human beings.

Peterson fits that description, and the NFL could use a lot more like him, as opposed to the head hunters and horse collar players that are all too common in this league. The old "criminal element" that was first talked about some 20+ years ago. Talk to D Stingley about that. Injuries are part of the NFL, but to hope for them? I think that de-humanizes these players. Maybe it's the video games..... :D

Fantasy Football is a game to be won. What part of that don't you get?

Seriously. That's all it is. A game. The players are pieces. Nothing more, nothing less.

These people are human beings with families and children and parents and lives! What part of that do you not get? Human beings, just like you (allegedly.)

I am locking this mainly because I cannot resist the temptation.

I see one locked thread on the entire page. Not sure what you think you are missing, but I can assure you that it wouldn't much be about fantasy football and would have likely violated numerous parts of the Terms of Use that was agreed to by anyone that is posting.

Seems much ado about nothing. It is what it is.

If you are talking about a thread earlier today that was locked by someone and later deleted by me, it was going nowhere ane resulted in one person being banned. That's pretty much good enough for me.

I'm not talking about the mods. I'm talking about STL Fan resorting to calling him a dickhead. You're no better either. CR is putting his opinion out there and you guys are quick to tell him that he's wrong or a jerk for having an opinion that differs from you...

I realize you are a young rebel without a clue, but if you are going to whine about censorship, then don't backtrack on it. I'm not calling CR a jerk because he has a different opinion than me. I'm calling him an idiot because he plays the part.

Edited by bushwacked

Make up your mind DMD ... :locked: or not?

Not sure. I would imagine it will go south quick enough to be locked and it probably should but I do not have the time to read three pages that I would be shocked that did not contain something wrong.

CR is putting his opinion out there and you guys are quick to tell him that he's wrong or a jerk for having an opinion that differs from you...

Maybe it's just me, but it's one thing to opine that "Housh has always been better than CJ"; it's quite another to say you want Peyton Manning to get his eye gouged out so you can win your precious fantasy matchup.