[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Type in your annual salary

whomper

It only takes him 5 plate appearances to best me? And he'll get what, 1.5 hits out of them, or .5 if its the playoffs? So an average of one hit to make my salary + bonuses? (My salary alone would only be worth about .5 hits, I guess.) That one hit better be a 2 or 3 run homer, boy.

A little pricey, if you ask me....

Edited by Coffeeman

It only takes him 5 plate appearances to best me? And he'll get what, 1.5 hits out of them, or .5 if its the playoffs? So an average of one hit to make my salary + bonuses? (My salary alone would only be worth about .5 hits, I guess.) That one hit better be a 2 or 3 run homer, boy.

A little pricey, if you ask me....

I was going to post something similar but had the good sense not to. Bragging about ones salary, however indirect, is so very unbecoming. :D

no one deserves this much money for hitting a baseball ..period

He deserves it if someone is willing to pay him.

If I was offered a million dollars per evaluation, I wouldn't turn it down. I'd smile and accept. If anyone on these boards were offered a-rod money for his chosen profession, s/he'd take it. It is my opinion that you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for your services.

I was going to post something similar but had the good sense not to. Bragging about ones salary, however indirect, is so very unbecoming. :D

I meant to type 'Assuming' as the first word - thought it, but forgot to type it. No one should 'assume' this equates to my actual income. Cuz I am a big fat liar when it comes to income - its used for the ladies only, ya know.

I was only trying to make a point about how we could try to equate it to # of hits, or a swing of the bat, with a swipe at his lousy playoff average thrown in. Jeez.....

The Steinbrenner family wouldn't pay him if he didn't generate his salary.

Nobody would pay anybody these sick amounts of money if people weren't stupid enough to keep buying tickets and merchandise at ridiculous prices. Don't blame him or the owners, blame the dumba sses in the stands.

He deserves it if someone is willing to pay him.

If I was offered a million dollars per evaluation, I wouldn't turn it down. I'd smile and accept. If anyone on these boards were offered a-rod money for his chosen profession, s/he'd take it. It is my opinion that you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for your services.

Ofcourse he ( nor you ) should turn down an offer like this but in the scheme of things and life as we know it , hitting a baseball does not warrant this kind of salary

steinbrenner can turn around tomorrow and give a NYC hot dog vendor a check for a million dollars cause he happens to like a hot dog he bought off of him but does it make sense that any hot dog is worth 1 million dollars ...no it does not

Ofcourse he ( nor you ) should turn down an offer like this but in the scheme of things and life as we know it , hitting a baseball does not warrant this kind of salary

steinbrenner can turn around tomorrow and give a NYC hot dog vendor a check for a million dollars cause he happens to like a hot dog he bought off of him but does it make sense that any hot dog is worth 1 million dollars ...no it does not

I think you're completely missing the point. A Rod earns the Yankees millions of dollars a year because he puts people in the seats, sells spamshirts and increases the ratings of the Yes network. A Rod earns Steinbenner way more money then Steinbenner pays him in salary. A Rod is worth every penny he is paid because he makes all of that money and alot more for the Yankees. It's simple economics of a capitalist system, we pay high prices for the tickets and spamshirts and alot of that money is passed on to the players because they earn it.

Edited by SuperCharger

I think you're completely missing the point. A Rod earns the Yankees millions of dollars a year because he puts people in the seats, sells spamshirts and increases the ratings of the Yes network. A Rod earns Steinbenner way more money then Steinbenner pays him in salary. A Rod is worth every penny he is paid because he makes all of that money and alot more for the Yankees. It's simple economics of a capitalist system, we pay high prices for the tickets and spamshirts and alot of that money is passed on to the players because they earn it.

i clearly understand this ...and no doubt he helps make the yanks money

but if you open and type in the information in whompers link , its clear to see that it is ridiculous and disproprtionate to not only the average person but comparing it do Doctors , scientists , who actually do much more than hit a baseball wearing tight pinstriped pants

No one should be paid that much to play baseball imho

but if you open and type in the information in whompers link , its clear to see that it is ridiculous and disproprtionate to not only the average person but comparing it do Doctors , scientists , who actually do much more than hit a baseball wearing tight pinstriped pants

Thousands of people don't buy tickets everynight to watch Doctors, Scientists and Teachers do their job and I don't see many people sporting Doctor and Scientist spamshirts. Salary doesn't define the importance of the job. Scientists, Doctors and Teachers are far more important but Entertainers will always make more money because we idolize them and pay to see them and wear clothes with their names on them.

Thousands of people don't buy tickets everynight to watch Doctors, Scientists and Teachers do their job and I don't see many people sporting Doctor and Scientist spamshirts. Salary doesn't define the importance of the job. Scientists, Doctors and Teachers are far more important but Entertainers will always make more money because we idolize them and pay to see them and wear clothes with their names on them.

I'm thinking that the next time I testify in court, I'm going to sell tickets. Rather than wear a suit, I'm going to wear a jersey...I think my number will be 25. And don't worry, there's going to be plenty of pyrotechnics.

+1

I'm thinking that the next time I testify in court, I'm going to sell tickets. Rather than wear a suit, I'm going to wear a jersey...I think my number will be 25. And don't worry, there's going to be plenty of pyrotechnics.

:D So it is your previous jersey?

The argument that if we stop going or paying they cant pay him that much is a little easier said then done..I have loved baseball and football since I was a little boy..I dont think I can give that up no matter how unfair the prices are..I chalk it up to one of those instances in life that you know you are getting screwed but you look the other way for the enjoyment of the sport/game..In the main forum the other day Savage had a great thread about taking his son to his first game ever..Would he trade that experience in silent protest because pro athletes make too much money and the Foam # 1 finger he bought his son cost 12 dollars ? I dont think so..They got you by the balls ..You either give up seeing pro sports that you enjoy or you go to the game and get hosed on everything you buy.

Thousands of people don't buy tickets everynight to watch Doctors, Scientists and Teachers do their job and I don't see many people sporting Doctor and Scientist spamshirts.

If Chargerz had a jersey out I would surely sport one

I understand all this ....but one player making almost 26 million a year to play baseball is ridiculous and i will not change my mind , which is ok as we are entitled to our opinion