[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots undefeated season

Chief Dick

if they go 17-0 they will be known for tieing the season mark set by the fins (*but didnt win the SB/Championship agme)

if they go 18-0 they will have established a new mark for a season (new benchmark/record)

if they go 19-0 and of course win the SB, they will be refered to as the greatest ever.

they will always be refered to as one of, if not the best, offense of all time.

one game (loss) a season does not make. (but it would suck bigtime, if its a playoff or SB loss :D)

however you slice it, this team, and all that comes with it, will be around for a long long time.....

ps....lets just win today. one game at a time.....

Edited by pig devilz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee... these say NFL

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1934.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1942.htm

And this is a link from NFL History:

http://www.nfl.com/history/chronology/1931-1940

and this one:

http://www.nfl.com/history/chronology/1941-1950

So I have no idea why one would think that the '34 and '42 Bears were not playing in the N F L.

Was that before or after they invented the forward pass?

I am concerned of the effect that inclemental weather could have on the Patriots in the postseason. They appear to have no running game, and, as the Baltimore game demonstrated, if the wind and conditions are as bad in any of the Patriot's playoff games as they were that night, it will be very difficult for the Patriots to keep up with a team that can pound the ball on them and play a smashmouth style.

Edited by Crazysight

I am concerned of the effect that inclemental weather could have on the Patriots in the postseason. They appear to have no running game,
They don't need one. This is what gets me. Double-covering Moss every play should be a no-brainer, if not triple occasionally, and just play pass the whole way. Not to take away credit from an amazing season but I really have to wonder how much of their success is other teams sucking as when I have seen them, this is often the case - in fact they won 2 games already they had no business winning that the other team more or less handed to them.

FWIW, the Pats don't appear to have a running game, but once the regular season is over and the quest to break passing records has been achieved, the team will probably run more. And they were effective running earllier in the year when they actually incorporated it into their game plan. The game plan hasn't included running much though because that would impede Brady from setting records. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they run the ball well in the post-season. They'll have Maroney fresh (maybe that's why he's been on the field so scarcely - Belichick is saving him for January?).

1 though I had about this team is that the undefeded season could be the reason for them not winning the whole thing.

here is my thinking.

the Pats have no run game, and when the weather is bad it has hurt the whole offence (since its a bunch of passes).

if the Pats would play lets say the colts, I think they would rather be inside Away than in a snow filled stadium at home.

While I agree that the dismissal of the Pats running game is more than a bit premature, I think the Pats are missing what Sammy Morris brought to the table.

Something just doesn't look right about this sentence... :D

A year ago, I'd agree - but watching him this year, he was a decisive, power presence that could catch out of the backfield as well. He was all around superior to Maroney this year before he got hurt.

The Pats not having a run game is some pretty good shtick. You'll see the Pats run game when they want to show it to you... and not before.

And I have a 12" hog, but you won't see it until I'm ready to give you a big ol' mushroom tattoo on the forehead.

Even though their rushing #s are better than any other championship season, in the close games they haven't been able to run the ball. Combine that with their lousy rush defense which ranks 23rd on rush yards/attempt (over 5.0 yd/att in the last 2 games) and has given up 80 rushing 1st downs and you can see where some of us are coming from.

Even though their rushing #s are better than any other championship season, in the close games they haven't been able to run the ball. Combine that with their lousy rush defense which ranks 23rd on rush yards/attempt (over 5.0 yd/att in the last 2 games) and has given up 80 rushing 1st downs and you can see where some of us are coming from.

So what do you get when you add all that together, BLB? When are they going to lose?

Sounds like you have the team pegged....so I am curious.

So what do you get when you add all that together, BLB?

Ehhh... not sure. The Colts or whoever need to get pressure on Brady like they did last time, which could be tough without Freeney. They had the lead for most of the game and that was without Harrison, Ugoh, and Gonzo in the second half. Pats lost Colvin for the year, one of the big playmakers against the Colts, and Addai ran all over the place even when he was playing.

I guess it just comes down to not giving up the big play, which has been obvious for every team to play the Pats this season. If it turns into a short yardage game, the Colts will win.

Ehhh... not sure. The Colts or whoever need to get pressure on Brady like they did last time, which could be tough without Freeney. They had the lead for most of the game and that was without Harrison, Ugoh, and Gonzo in the second half. Pats lost Colvin for the year, one of the big playmakers against the Colts, and Addai ran all over the place even when he was playing.

I guess it just comes down to not giving up the big play, which has been obvious for every team to play the Pats this season. If it turns into a short yardage game, the Colts will win.

So you are predicting that the Pats lose in the AFC Championship game, then?

I love this stuff. I haven't been around here much this year but every time I stop by I find it hilarious how many people are trying to talk/post the Pats into losing by finding "holes" and "weaknesses" left and right (no running game? they haven't tried to run in ages - last I checked, they ran just fine when they actually tried to). Let's be serious - this team isn't losing. I know everyone likes to try to make it more interesting by pointing out supposed weaknesses, etc. but do you really think they're going to lose? I can't imagine you really think that in your heart of hearts - this is the best team that any of us have seen.

They've been in 3 close games , 2 of which had some of the most ridiculous officiating I've seen in a while (the Colts games doesn't even need to be addressed and the Ravens rape every offensive player on every down to the point of ridiculousness - but I digress) - the rest have ended up being blowouts. The Eagles surprised them, no doubt, but any QB can have a lucky game when they come out gunning like Feely did. Problem with gunning is this - you tend to throw INTs that end up losing you the game. Brady also learned a valuable lesson that game - when Moss is covered, stop trying to force the ball to him and go to Welker and Stallworth (which is what he did in the second half when the Pats came back). I give the Eagles props for what they did.

Rambling rant ended. Enjoy the 16-0!