[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mitchell report

whomper

So as I understand it the Mitchell report has been handed to the suits in baseball and as early as tomorrow the list may become public. How are you going to feel if your favorite player or a big name on your team is on the list ? What do you think the aftermath of the list is going to be like ? I wanted to put a little game for fun together that we can do in this thread but I am not sure how far back in years the list goes. I know they said about 80 -90 current and former players are on the list. I figured for the hell of it we should all list about 12 players we think will be named and see how we do when it comes out. You can list more or less if you like. I know of the obvious names we are all thinking of but I wonder if any of us can pick a guy that flew under the radar but you were suspicious of them. I am going to list my obvious guys as well as anyone else I can think of . Again I dont know how far the report goes back so my list may be irrelevant or off but here it goes

Obvious guys that might be on the list

Giambi

Tejada

Pudge

Bonds

Palmiero

Sosa

McGuire

Gary Matthews

Brady Anderson (not sure if they are going back that far)

Luis Gonzalez

Not so obvious pure speculation

Kerry Wood

Mike Piazza

Eric Chavez

Who do you think might be on the list ?

Edited by whomper

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting that the report will only name 80 players or so when over 4000 passed through baseball during the steroid era.

yeah, you can spin that either way. you can say, "look, it's only 80 out of 4000"....or you can say, "80 is an awful lot of cheaters, and that's just the people they found significant evidence against".

i'll add brett boone to the list.

So as I understand it the Mitchell report has been handed to the suits in baseball and as early as tomorrow the list may become public. How are you going to feel if your favorite player or a big name on your team is on the list ? What do you think the aftermath of the list is going to be like ? I wanted to put a little game for fun together that we can do in this thread but I am not sure how far back in years the list goes. I know they said about 80 -90 current and former players are on the list. I figured for the hell of it we should all list about 12 players we think will be named and see how we do when it comes out. You can list more or less if you like. I know of the obvious names we are all thinking of but I wonder if any of us can pick a guy that flew under the radar but you were suspicious of them. I am going to list my obvious guys as well as anyone else I can think of . Again I dont know how far the report goes back so my list may be irrelevant or off but here it goes

Obvious guys that might be on the list

Giambi

Tejada

Pudge

Bonds

Palmiero

Sosa

McGuire

Gary Matthews

Brady Anderson (not sure if they are going back that far)

Luis Gonzalez

Not so obvious pure speculation

Kerry Wood

Mike Piazza

Eric Chavez

Who do you think might be on the list ?

I'm a bgi Cubs fan and I find the inclusion of Wood puzzling. If it's because he's "always hurt" I would just say that for YEARS many were saying his mechanics were flawed, because he brought his arm across his body, which everyone knows leads to unnecessary stress. In the light of his changing his motion, he's remained injury free without losing velocity. If you ever saw his s20 strikeout game you'd see pitches he stopped making the next season.

Mark Prior might be able to replace him on the list, but he never came back off the line drive off his elbow, if anyone remembers that. He was never the same.

I think the list if going to comprised of people who we'll be like HE was on steroids? See Neifi Perez just this past off-season. If he was juiced and still that bad....

I'm a bgi Cubs fan and I find the inclusion of Wood puzzling. If it's because he's "always hurt" I would just say that for YEARS many were saying his mechanics were flawed, because he brought his arm across his body, which everyone knows leads to unnecessary stress. In the light of his changing his motion, he's remained injury free without losing velocity. If you ever saw his s20 strikeout game you'd see pitches he stopped making the next season.

Mark Prior might be able to replace him on the list, but he never came back off the line drive off his elbow, if anyone remembers that. He was never the same.

I think the list if going to comprised of people who we'll be like HE was on steroids? See Neifi Perez just this past off-season. If he was juiced and still that bad....

Woods was pure speculation on my part and yes it was because of the always injured factor . Good points about his mechanics..Another random guy that might be on the list is Mike sweeney from the Royals..I wonder if Chipper Jones makes the list.

Mitchell is having a press conference at 2pm eastern tomorrow. There are going to be a mix of big names and no names on this list. It should be very interesting. While I am interested to see who is on the list, it won't bother me if players on my team, the Cubs, are on the list. This steroids thing is a joke.

How are you going to feel if your favorite player or a big name on your team is on the list ?

As a Yankee fan, I have my fingers crossed that Jason Giambi will finally be absolved and people will stop pointing fingers at him without any hard evidence.

:D

I was thinking about Sweeney, too ... would be sad. He's widely viewed as a very good guy around town.

The Pure Speculation List:

Jermaine Dye

Johnny Damon

Carolos Beltran

...plus any other former KC Royal who was worth anything did pretty much anything they could to get out of town w/ a big contract.

Plus maybe Pedro Martinez?

Add to the list, based upon info I heard from my son's pitching coach who was in MLB (minor leagues, instructional leagues, etc) for 5 or 6 years:

Eric Gagne, the closer

edit to correct first name

Edited by Controller