[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone heard specifics on Romo?

fingfootball

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/...wrapped_up.html

QB Tony Romo walked into the offices at Valley Ranch today wearing a heavy wrap over his right hand. It seemed like bags of ice, held on with Ace bandages.

There were also wires coming out of the wrap, which would indicate some kind of muscle stimulator being used on the thumb. Just so you know ...

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/...wrapped_up.html

QB Tony Romo walked into the offices at Valley Ranch today wearing a heavy wrap over his right hand. It seemed like bags of ice, held on with Ace bandages.

There were also wires coming out of the wrap, which would indicate some kind of muscle stimulator being used on the thumb. Just so you know ...

Is there a chance that all these "wires coming out of the wrap" could be a new robotic hand they've created for him, like Luke Skywalker? I'd much rather believe this than the possibility of my starting QB for our league SB being Sage Rosenfels.

:D

Tony Romo, QB DAL

News: Tony Romo threw a short pass and took off running Wednesday, doing the half-speed drill that starts most practices for the Dallas Cowboys. After that, the sore-thumbed Pro Bowl quarterback also did everything else he'd usually do in practice except take direct snaps. The NFC East champion Cowboys (12-2) expect Romo to start Saturday night at Carolina. "He seemed to get better and better as the practice went along as far as his thumb and throwing the football," coach Wade Phillips said. "It looks like he's going to play to me."

Analysis: Phillips had anticipated Romo sitting out portions of practice, but Romo didn't have any problem gripping the ball and exceeded expectations. Backup quarterback Brad Johnson didn't get any more snaps than he'd usually get. "I thought maybe we would hold him out of some of the things if he couldn't throw all the passes," Phillips said. "But he threw long passes, he threw outs, he threw comebacks, he threw short passes. He's still a little bit sore, basically on the follow-through with his thumb." This is good news for Fantasy owners. Despite the minor thumb issue, feel free to start Romo Week 16 in all Fantasy leagues

Is there a chance that all these "wires coming out of the wrap" could be a new robotic hand they've created for him, like Luke Skywalker?

hmmm, perhaps... I was thinking more along the lines that Romo is a terrorist and that he has a bomb strapped to his hand

Tony Romo, QB DAL

News: Tony Romo threw a short pass and took off running Wednesday, doing the half-speed drill that starts most practices for the Dallas Cowboys. After that, the sore-thumbed Pro Bowl quarterback also did everything else he'd usually do in practice except take direct snaps.

When Favre had a similar injury taking direct snaps caused a lot of pain. Taking that snap puts a lot of pressure on the thumb and fingers. Shotgun is better, but doubt they'd abandon the snap. It did affect his acuracy.

During a 27-12 loss to the Denver Broncos in an exhibition game Aug. 23, Favre smashed his right thumb on the helmet of blitzing linebacker John Mobley.

The Packers initially described the injury as minor. X-rays revealed a sprain but no broken bones. No big deal......unless you’re a quarterback.

“His hand was about as fat as mine,” said Santana Dotson, then a 290-pound defensive tackle. “It was bad. As a quarterback, you need that opposable thumb to squeeze (the ball). That was the year I saw Brett in the training room more than any other year.”

In the Packers locker room recently, Favre held out his hand and explained how intense pain flared from the tip to the base of his thumb and into his forefinger.

‘It just wouldn’t heal’

“Of all my injuries, that was the toughest,” he said. “It started the exhibition game against Denver and then I reinjured it against Oakland (in the regular-season opener) and it bothered me the rest of the year, off and on. One game I’d be fine and the next, nothing.

“If you sprain an ankle, it’s three weeks you hobble around and you may be limited in some ways but you play through it. The thumb, you’re getting it banged, the ball is slapping it every time you take a snap.

“It just wouldn’t heal.”

Same here and I need to set my lineup soon :D

I read he practiced withpout limitation today but haven't heard if he took direct snaps

Practice Report

1:34 PM Thu, Dec 20, 2007 | Permalink

Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Here's what the league got:

DID NOT PRACTICE: C Andre Gurode (Knee); CB Patrick Watkins (Ankle)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION: WR Terry Glenn (Knee)

FULL PARTICIPATION: DE Chris Canty (Knee); T Marc Colombo (Ankle); TE Anthony Fasano )(Head); QB Tony Romo (Right Thumb)

He's good to go and you can expect another 300 Yards and 3 TD's. You can quote me on that.

Man, I hope your right....and I guess I will have to hope Big Ben doesn't blow up tonight and make me feel like a :D

Here's to rooting against my own backup ! :D