[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So terribly sad

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends of ours that live in England lost their 14 month old son on Monday. Mom went to go check on him at around 11PM, and he was dead in his crib. The cause of death was recorded as influenza. A silent killer of the young and old with no "flu" like symptoms and no way of detecting it until it is too late. The doctors told Paul and Amanda that even if they had taken Oliver on Friday with his sniffley cold they would not have given him anything as they do not treat virus's. He will be cremated on Thursday. RIP little Oliver McNaughton. :D

Gonna go home and give my two little guys an extra hug tonight.

Very sorry to hear this. Losing anyone is terrible but a child so young I can't even imagine. My prayers to them.

This is terrible. A parent's worst nightmare. I became a father 16 months ago. I can't tell you how many times I would wake up and go check on him. You hear of stories like this and it really freaks you out. Some things are just out of your control and you really have to thank Him for all your blessings.

That's very sad.

I work with a guy who is a JW with 3 kids. One year I ask him why they don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays, pretty much any holidays. He said each day is an equal blessing from God and should be treated as such. I'm about as agnostic as any Christmas loving American can be but for a guy who takes a week off every year to ride around on his bike trying to convert people, I found his answer extremely wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, talk about the huddle reaching people, this is unreal. My Mom called me this morning and asked if I knew anything about a website called thehuddle.com. I got a little nervous thinking Ch*rni had stole my identity and was coming to kick my ass. :D I hesitantly told her I did indeed know the huddle, but only went there one or two times. :D Anywho, the long and short of it is that the Grandmother of young Oliver (very close friends with my Mom) sent my Mom an e-mail mentioning how they had found this reference to Oliver on the Internet at this place called the huddle, and the only person they could think of that would have known all the details and have access to the picture was me.

I hope to all those that are not Huddlers that may read this and are directly involved that I have not overstepped any bounds. I would also like to post an e-mail that was received by my Mom from Grandma regarding what she read:

I have just been reading through the comments on Victor's "huddle"page it is amazing that so many people read about Oliver some are such nice warm comments. I had a bit of a problem seeing the picture but have got used to that now so please ask him to pass on a grandma's thanks for all the kind messages and prayers.

I'm pretty proud to be a member of this community, and would like to continue to extend my thoughts and prayers to the McNaughton family.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Wow, talk about the huddle reaching people, this is unreal. My Mom called me this morning and asked if I knew anything about a website called thehuddle.com. I got a little nervous thinking Ch*rni had stole my identity and was coming to kick my ass. :wacko: I hesitantly told her I did indeed know the huddle, but only went there one or two times. :D Anywho, the long and short of it is that the Grandmother of young Oliver (very close friends with my Mom) sent my Mom an e-mail mentioning how they had found this reference to Oliver on the Internet at this place called the huddle, and the only person they could think of that would have known all the details and have access to the picture was me.

I hope to all those that are not Huddlers that may read this and are directly involved that I have not overstepped any bounds. I would also like to post an e-mail that was received by my Mom from Grandma regarding what she read:

I'm pretty proud to be a member of this community, and would like to continue to extend my thoughts and prayers to the McNaughton family.

Her reply sent chills through me Hugh. I hope that reading these posts gives her a little comfort knowing that people still do care about others they don't really know.

Shame on you though for lying to your Mother. :D:D

Edited by rajncajn

Wow, talk about the huddle reaching people, this is unreal. My Mom called me this morning and asked if I knew anything about a website called thehuddle.com. I got a little nervous thinking Ch*rni had stole my identity and was coming to kick my ass. :D I hesitantly told her I did indeed know the huddle, but only went there one or two times. :D Anywho, the long and short of it is that the Grandmother of young Oliver (very close friends with my Mom) sent my Mom an e-mail mentioning how they had found this reference to Oliver on the Internet at this place called the huddle, and the only person they could think of that would have known all the details and have access to the picture was me.

wow, and yes this community is full of top notch people that are extremely caring, supportive and generous.

The McNaughton Family will remain in my prayers.

Her reply sent chills through me Hugh. I hope that reading these posts gives her a little comfort knowing that people still do care about others they don't really know.

Shame on you though for lying to your Mother. :D:wacko:

:D 26,210 posts

Edited by keggerz