[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huckabee takes Iowa

budlitebrad

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't mean diddly IMO. No way does Huckabee have a prayer. The whole "religion thing" just isn't hip w/the times.

You couldn't be more wrong: it means John McCain will win the nomination.

Romney is such a joke he can't win Iowa even by outspending every other candidate by several factors.

Huckabee is so out of touch and not ready for prime time he would have been the source of an SNL special if the writers weren't on strike.

So, he derails Mitt, he'll implode and the Italian from New York won't stand up well against John McCain once the dust settles on Huckbee's grave.

So actually, it means a lot.

Can we please have a president who's religion is not a large part of their platform/persona?

Look at Europe. They have learned what religion and the abuses of the majority can do. Our country was founded on getting away from such abuses. Freedom of religion and freedom from religio in governmentn are part of our heritage and the Founding Fathers were right.

Can we please have a president who's religion is not a large part of their platform/persona?

I agree that Huckabee is not the choice, but question your comment, as it might be better than having one whose partisan politics are a large part of his/her platform/persona ...

Blind obedience to a party line is simply a substitute religion for the faithless -- turning to Rush and Oprah as prophets and to the NRA and the ACLU as their churches ...

Meh. After the monumental failures of the Clinton/Bush royal families, I welcome a return to moderate American visionary leadership ... :D

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

I agree that Huckabee is not the choice, but question your comment, as it might be better than having one whose partisan politics are a large part of his/her platform/persona ...

Blind obedience to a party line is simply a substitute religion for the faithless -- turning to Rush and Oprah as prophets and to the NRA and the ACLU as their churches ...

Meh. After the monumental failures of the Clinton/Bush royal families, I welcome a return to moderate American visionary leadership ... :D

I'm not so sure blind party obediance is a substitute for religion, but I do get your point. Corporations as churches are equally dangerous. We need people who value our people and country more than ideology, whatever that ideology is.

Obama winning in a pretty white state and getting most of his money from small donors is pretty huge.

I think Huckabee just shows republicans aren't happy with the candidates yet, but Iowa doesn't really give a read on the country by itself.

Primary roadmap

Edited by Randall

You couldn't be more wrong: it means John McCain will win the nomination.

Romney is such a joke he can't win Iowa even by outspending every other candidate by several factors.

Huckabee is so out of touch and not ready for prime time he would have been the source of an SNL special if the writers weren't on strike.

So, he derails Mitt, he'll implode and the Italian from New York won't stand up well against John McCain once the dust settles on Huckbee's grave.

So actually, it means a lot.

I live in NH, and while Romney had some early boost because he's republican and local...I don't think he wins up here. I'm guessing the republican primary goes to McCain and that Guliani makes a better showing than expected. Rudy hasn't spent a ton of time up here, but he's been here some. The Union Leader (biggest paper in the state) ran a long article just yesterday on Romney that reminded all us NH residents how he increased taxes without admitting to it. Worse yet, he increased taxes on that portion of NH residents that work in MA. That's a significant number. Including me. :D

I live in NH, and while Romney had some early boost because he's republican and local...I don't think he wins up here. I'm guessing the republican primary goes to McCain and that Guliani makes a better showing than expected. Rudy hasn't spent a ton of time up here, but he's been here some. The Union Leader (biggest paper in the state) ran a long article just yesterday on Romney that reminded all us NH residents how he increased taxes without admitting to it. Worse yet, he increased taxes on that portion of NH residents that work in MA. That's a significant number. Including me. :D

Many pundits are picking McCain up there. Huckabee could take S Carolina and Michigan.

Look at Europe. They have learned what religion and the abuses of the majority can do. Our country was founded on getting away from such abuses. Freedom of religion and freedom from religio in governmentn are part of our heritage and the Founding Fathers were right.

They're about to learn again when Islam becomes the majority religion.

I think that this is just an indicator that nothing is settled on the Republican side. Huckabee may play well in the areas of the country in severe denial but that won't fly everywhere. I would look for a strong showing by McCain and/or Giuliani in the next couple of primaries.