[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

West Coast storms........

rocknrobn26

it thrashed us pretty hard for two days but no damage and no complaints other than getting wet. the city where my wife works lost power friday, so she was forced to go home (poor her) and my cousin who lives five minutes from me lost power, but that was it.

I made it to work Friday morning, then about 9:30 am the power went out for the rest of the day. Around noon I tried to drive home but the Richmond/San Rafael bridge was closed due to 4 overturned big rigs (high winds). I took a two-hour detour to get home.

And you guys are absolutely right- people around here cannot handle even moderate storms. If we ever got a 'real' storm, God help us. Idiots around here wouldn't know what to do with snow or hail - there would be absolute carnage on the roads.

No kidding. People out here don't know what bad weather is.

In 14 years out here, I've seen thunder and lightning on 2 hands counting ability, and there's never been a rain with drops so big you can't see more than 15 feet.

In short, it's minor leagues out here so when something mid size rolls in people freak.

We got 10 inches of snow here at our house in Bend, 7 inches in town, and another 3-6 inches on the way tonight and tomorrow.

Three feet fell on the ski slope :D with 110 total inches on the mountain. Should have gone up today with a brief break in storms, another 3 ft is expected over the next 3 days. Next break is Fri. which probably means cancelling that dental appt. on Fri.

It was 75 yesterday... today I am in my daisy dukes.

:D There's a pic we ALL need to see......NOT! :D:wacko:

I guess the Chi News is just making news then. A friend of mine told me over the weekend that he heard they were going to measure the snow in Washington State by the foot. Seems like Sugar got the worst, but not that bad.....compared to the Chi quotient. Eventhough we hit 65 today. Stay warm and dry everyone. :D

I know nothing of this bad weather. Just looked at weather.com, looks like it'll be stormy in the big city here....Maybe bushwhacked and evil gop can give accounts of how it will be in their areas, which are more prone to heavy weather in this state.

Though, neither may be completely sober yet after Saturday.

The rain here turned out to be steady and soaked in pretty good. We got a minimal number of mudslides and very little flooding. It coulda been alot worse!!

The rain here turned out to be steady and soaked in pretty good. We got a minimal number of mudslides and very little flooding. It coulda been alot worse!!

Hey, we really needed the rain and snowfall anyways. So the storm was a blessing, for the most part.