[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Bug is Back

alexgaddis

Maybe it's just the time of the year but I have the bug in me to move to Arizona again...the only problem is I have to convince the wife to move away from her family which she doesn't want to do...

crap...

Why the heck would you want to move there? :D:wacko:

Split the difference and move to Austin. I think you'd like it here. Best of both worlds: nice n' toasty like Arizona but with seasons like Minnesota (just not as extreme). Plus it's a pretty quick flight. :D

Split the difference and move to Austin. I think you'd like it here. Best of both worlds: nice n' toasty like Arizona but with seasons like Minnesota (just not as extreme). Plus it's a pretty quick flight. :D

Actually, she would prefer Texas to AZ...I love the desert and my parents live in Scottsdale and I have loved the area every time I visit them...but Texas is also a possibility for the future...I have had my fill of cold weather and overpriced housing...

Outside of no ocean or super large body of water near by, Arizona is some of the prettiest landscape around. It gets hot in the summer, but not too much in the way of humidity which makes it more bareable. If I had any good reason to move there, didn't like California a lot, and had some friends in the area, I'd happily move there.

Edited by TDFFFreak

:D have u ever been to TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... or zona.... talk about over priced :D

stick to what you know - huntin' an shootin'.

check out my housing prices thread if you don't believe me.

and Austin used to be awesome, but now it's getting somewhat overpriced, overdeveloped and gridlocked. still better than a rundown doublewide in the sconny backwoods though.

Actually, she would prefer Texas to AZ...I love the desert and my parents live in Scottsdale and I have loved the area every time I visit them...but Texas is also a possibility for the future...I have had my fill of cold weather and overpriced housing...

Ah, that would make sense then.

Outside of no ocean or super large body of water near by, Arizona is some of the prettiest landscape around. It gets hot in the summer, but not too much in the way of humidity which makes it more bareable. If I had any good reason to move there, didn't like California a lot, and had some friends in the area, I'd happily move there.

I agree, Arizona's got a damn purty landscape. But it's one of those "nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there" things, I guess.

and Austin used to be awesome, but now it's getting somewhat overpriced, overdeveloped and gridlocked. still better than a rundown doublewide in the sconny backwoods though.

Eh. It's no more gridlocked than Dallas or Houston. In fact, traffic here doesn't hold a candle to what Houston has. Overdeveloped? Nay. There are some serious growth controls here. While there are traces of suburban sprawl, it's moving at a snail's pace as compared to other Texas metroplexes. Now, overpriced.... that could be argued. I was expecting lower home prices but that's due to UT, the tech industry, blah blah blah ... all things you already know.

Edited by darin3

Oh, Awex wants to move back home to mommy...

stick to what you know - huntin' an shootin'.

check out my housing prices thread if you don't believe me.

he he you can have youre 1/2 acres lot for 75 grand.. i like my 20 acres

the only problem is I have to convince the wife to move away from her family which she doesn't want to do...

Why not load granny & the cousins into the truck tooo? Take the whole famn damily to the Zona with you ... You'll be happy, she'll be happy ... :D

Why not load granny & the cousins into the truck tooo? Take the whole famn damily to the Zona with you ... You'll be happy, she'll be happy ... :D

Funny enough, my MIL would welcome the move to AZ...it's the stubborn old FIL that ain't movin nowhere's...he's gonna die in that house in Dayton, MN...

Eh. It's no more gridlocked than Dallas or Houston. In fact, traffic here doesn't hold a candle to what Houston has. Overdeveloped? Nay. There are some serious growth controls here. While there are traces of suburban sprawl, it's moving at a snail's pace as compared to other Texas metroplexes. Now, overpriced.... that could be argued. I was expecting lower home prices but that's due to UT, the tech industry, blah blah blah ... all things you already know.

Wasn't comparing it to Dallass or Houston now was I. :D

Compared to how it was say... 10 years ago, it's all of those things. In fact, the wife and I used to compare it to Madison; midsized college town that seemed smaller, lakes, artsy fartsy crowd, liberal, rolling hills, etc...Anyways, that's the price of progress I reckon.

Eh. It's no more gridlocked than Dallas or Houston. In fact, traffic here doesn't hold a candle to what Houston has.

Damn straight!! We gots some of the best traffic goin!

It is almost Rodeo time!! Darin, if you have not been, you need to mosey on down this way. The Houston Rodeo is the shizz. :D

meh

Aside from a decent concert every now and then, unless your names are Bubba and Sissy, it's not that great.

The chili cook off in the parking lot each year is a lot of fun, if you know folks who are in the competition and can hang in their tent and drink beer all day before going to see whatever shows are going on. The roping competitions were cool to see... once. Bull riding is always cool. But the music line up has sucked for years.

He got the ghey's too?

Maybe it's just the time of the year but I have the bug in me to move to Arizona again...the only problem is I have to convince the wife to move away from her family which she doesn't want to do...

crap...

just moved to Scottsdale last summer and I freakin love it- for me it was a call between a hot hot 2-3 months or the chit weather in Seattle from Nov-May - easy call........

plus you midwest softies are everywhere here...... Phx is just a big, Chicago suburb.......

it is kind of nice to be away from family to be honest- you go home, see em- and then you are out

and compared to Seattle- traffic and housing prices are much much better all around.