[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys Sig Bet

Cowboyz1

What I said a post ago is not different than what I said before.

Tootie, I'm convinced you like to stand by what you say, even when you contradict yourself.

Of course, it's totally plausible you know more about football than I think you do. But, you lost me with your recent thread insinuating the AFC; outside of Indy and NE; is head and shoulders above the NFC, even though conventional wisdom and stats indicate otherwise. You lost me further, during a hair brained explanation, when you proclaimed the Seahawks weakness is their soft defense, even though their 4 starting pro bowlers and point shut down supporters led the team to this juncture in the season. Best of luck to your team, I don't think they need it, but the "stars don't need to align" for the Cowboys to lose. :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tootie, I'm convinced you like to stand by what you say, even when you contradict yourself.

Of course, it's totally plausible you know more about football than I think you do. But, you lost me with your recent thread insinuating the AFC; outside of Indy and NE; is head and shoulders above the NFC, even though conventional wisdom and stats indicate otherwise. You lost me further, during a hair brained explanation, when you proclaimed the Seahawks weakness is their soft defense, even though their 4 starting pro bowlers and point shut down supporters led the team to this juncture in the season. Best of luck to your team, I don't think they need it, but the "stars don't need to align" for the Cowboys to lose. :D

Thanks for the respectful response to my posts instead of rudely bashing it just for the hell of it. My comments in regard to the AFC teams being better then the NFC referred to only the teams in the wild card weekend so therefore that left out not only the Patriots and Colts but the Cowboys and Packers as well. I also left the Titans out of the equation as being better than all NFC teams. My statement was that I'd take the Jaguars, Steelers and Chargers over the Bucs, Giants, Redskins and Seahawks. That I still feel is true. However, the one good point you did made was my claim that the Seahawks' D is soft. You hooked me up with some very solid info proving otherwise and their effort last weekend further cemented those stats regardless if Todd Collins was the starting QB as he had been very effective and was terrible last week. They are in fact a very solid unit and credit should be given to them for helping the team get this far. Even if the Pack beat them this week, the fact remains that they are a pretty solid unit.

We will have to agree to disagree about the "stars aligning just right" for the the Giants to win as that's how I truly feel. The Cowboys matchup very well with the Giants and counter what the Giants do well. The Giants rely on a great pass rush to control the game and the Cowboys offensive line neutralizes that and the Boys will be able to chew that secondary up (who will be without Madison again). On the other hand the Cowboy defense stops the run pretty well and we will put pressure on Eli all day. Mark my words, Eli will not have a mistake-free game again this week. As I stated before the Cowboys win this game and it's just a matter of how close the Giants can keep it. Will it be a 3 or 4 pt. victory or will the Cowboys win going away by 10 or so?

I haven't read through the whole thread but have we decided on the siglines?

Yep Cowboyz. I am so psyched for this weekend. I live in NJ so I am battling Giants fans daily. Including my dad. My brother , who brainwashed me as a child as to almost all of my favorite teams, is pissing me off this week because he is reading too much into the Jessica Simpson nonsense

Include me as a Giant fan you have to battle :D

I am in on the sigline bet as well

and as stated earlier Giants will win 27-24 ...they will score winning TD in last minute ( eli to Boss from 7 yards out ) ...Nostradamus my arse :D

I can't sleep...............Oh man Oh man am I excited. I can't believe it's almost here.

God I love this game..........

Right on , Cbz. I 'm feeling like the ho in church.. :wacko: Gonna grab me a bloody mary and go split some wood this morn to help pass the eternity until KO.

Can't help but feel that no matter who wins , tomorrow I'll be missing the anticipation and adrenaline pump this matchup creates. :D Lets rocknroll!! :D

WHAT A Ficken CHOKE JOB........................I am discusted. Crayton drops the crossing pattern, slows up instead of running threw the ball for a TD and Romo, God Romo, throwing the ball away in the pocket but takes two sacks for no reason when on the sideline. They gave this game away. Not to take anything away from the Giants as they played very well and took advantage of every Dallas F UP. I can't believe we pissed away a 13-3 season, home field AND a first round bye. Against a Giant secondary that was in shambles. Rediculous, just rediculous.

The defense giving up that TD with 47 seconds left in the half was the beginning of the end. At that point I said to myself, this is not going at all well.

What happened to Barber in the Second Half?

I will be sick for a month after this one. At least San Diego won.

Good win Giants, you earned it.

Here to take my lumps. Good luck Gmen in GB.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh Giants!!!! Way to gut one out. GB here we come!!!!

Cowboyz1, we'll be getting you that sig shortly. Any suggestions?

Done, there is nothing you could come up with that would make me feel worse then I feel right now, I mean that.

Good game Soop. You guys took it to us and that is about that. This is gonna be a long offseason. :bow:yawn::headbang::D:D:D:D:bio::D:bash::):wacko:;)

At least it wasn't the Skins

Edited by Cowboyz1

Just wanted to chime in as I didn't want to seem like a big crap talker and then not take my medicine afterward. I'm extremely pissed right now and can't/don't even talk about it. Other than congrats to the Giants and their fans, I am livid with the mental errors, penalties and poor play calling in the second half in regard to the Cowboys. What a terrible, ugly game!!

Done, there is nothing you could come up with that would make me feel worse then I feel right now, I mean that.

Good game Soop. You guys took it to us and that is about that. This is gonna be a long offseason. :bow:yawn::headbang::D:D:D:D:bio::D:bash::):wacko:;)

At least it wasn't the Skins

I'm sure. Tough, tough, loss for the Cowboys and their fans. Tony and Yoko Romo are going to get hit especially hard this week.

It's been fun with the sig bets this year. I'm sure we'll be right back it next year. Good game Cowboyz1.

Just wanted to chime in as I didn't want to seem like a big crap talker and then not take my medicine afterward. I'm extremely pissed right now and can't/don't even talk about it. Other than congrats to the Giants and their fans, I am livid with the mental errors, penalties and poor play calling in the second half in regard to the Cowboys. What a terrible, ugly game!!

Thanks Menudo. Appreciate you making sure my message got into every thread.

I'm sure. Tough, tough, loss for the Cowboys and their fans. Tony and Yoko Romo are going to get hit especially hard this week.

It's been fun with the sig bets this year. I'm sure we'll be right back it next year. Good game Cowboyz1.

"Yoko Romo". :wacko:

Wait, it really isn't that funny. :D

:D Yes it is. :D

I will let my Giant brethren pick the sig. I'm just happy that I get another week of being pumped up for Sunday. I'm also happy that the cowboy fans have to eat their words. :D

I'm choking on them............. and the taste.............eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................I think I'm going to throw up again. :D

I wasn't a part of this bet, but for my fellow Giants fans, a few suggestions on the sig line:

Something about crybaby T.O.

Something about loudmouth Crayton

Something about Romo, Jessica, & Cabo

...and last but not least, "Getcha Popcorn Ready" Cowboys fans as you'll need a snack while you're watching the G-Men in the NFC Championship Game next week. How Bout Them Cowboys!

Penalties and dropped passes continue to haunt the Boys :D Special teams didn't help much either, I am sure glad we gave Crayton a contract extension :D

:D Congrats Giants, you deserved the win :wacko:

Edited by T_bone65