[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Memory Foam

AtomicCEO

Sleep Number

My SIL has one of those, and I slept in it a few times last summer while she was in the hospital. I ended up being more comfortable on the pull out couch. :D The aches and pains I'd get from pressure spots on the sleep number bed woke me up all night long.

As my nephew said, when you lower the number, the bed doesn't get softer, it merely gets lower. :D

My SIL has one of those, and I slept in it a few times last summer while she was in the hospital. I ended up being more comfortable on the pull out couch. :D The aches and pains I'd get from pressure spots on the sleep number bed woke me up all night long.

As my nephew said, when you lower the number, the bed doesn't get softer, it merely gets lower. :D

Yeah, those newer technologies aren't that great IMO. I tried a Sleep Number and didn't like it much either - I think your nephew is wise... And Tempurpedic is like sleeping on wet sand.

My wife and I were really interested in getting some memory foam because neither of us sleep tremendously well. We wake up, we toss and turn, general sleep stuff... neither of us have insomnia or anything.

I bought a 4 inch memory foam topper from Serta, and put it on the bed, because so many people have recommended it and raved about it. It's cool, that's for sure.

But neither one of us are sleeping any better... I actually think I sleep worse on it. When I do go to turn in the night, I'm all sunk in, and I end up waking up more because it's an effort just to turn over. Is this abnormal? Does anyone love their memory foam? Does anyone else have a problem with memory foam? Is it psychosomatic, and I'll get used to it?

Are you sure it's the bed? Maybe both of you are going through Menopause?? :D

I always blame it on having kids!

I have a bad back , so i keep it on 85. I had a tempurpedic first, it created too much pain because it was too soft.

Tempur-pedic is the way to go. ITS the best 4,000 dollars I ever spent. Comes with a 20 year or a lifetime guarantee. I really cant remember. But all and all I have had mine for about 3 years. I went from toss and turning to sleeping like a baby. Its great plus I have arthritis and it helps tremendously. So I guess it really depends on how bad you want to sleep well. Also remember it sounds like its a lot of money. But you spend more time in the bed than your car, job, video game or big screen tv. You will use it for an average of 6-10 hours on any given night. But last but not least all that running around you will do all starts with a good night sleep and if you don't get it. IF your like me my employees have hell to pay.

Totally agree..We bought a king sized temper-pedic about 6 years ago and it is awesome. I am not crazy about the temper-pedic pillows though.

Sleep Number

Yep 35 here. Best $1500 I ever spent. Went from restless nights, arms and legs aching to sleeping through the night and waking up refreshed. The first night we had it we actually overslept and struggled to even get out of bed cause we were so comfortable.

I went for the dense kind, and I didn't cheap out on the depth or brand.

Mattress could be a valid point though... I bought it on the real cheap back in 1999.

Are you f0kn tarded schithead?

Go buy a nice King size pillow top mattress set, spend at least $600, preferrably $800-$1k and sleep in bliss.

:atomoranic:"Wow, this whip cream sure isn't making my feces and semen breakfast taste any better!":atomoranic:

Are you f0kn tarded schithead?

Go buy a nice King size pillow top mattress set, spend at least $600, preferrably $800-$1k and sleep in bliss.

:atomoranic:"Wow, this whip cream sure isn't making my feces and semen breakfast taste any better!":atomoranic:

I don't just love you, H8... I'm IN love with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I remembered this thread, and since I'm always tossing and turning because my hip bones hurt when I sleep on my side, I thought I'd give the memory foam thing a shot.

Went to Wallyworld and bought a queen memory foam for $70.

Wow, what a difference. :D No more hip pain, no more tossing and turning. And as a bonus, since I'm not waking myself up, I can go the whole night now without a trip to the bathroom. :wacko:

Update for me...

I got used to it. It's cool. It's definitely not worse than before... but I haven't calculated how much better it is, if any.

My dog frigging loves it. So every night I have to chase him off my spot and lay down in a dog impression. Stupid dog.