[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

annoying things

zmanzzzz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:artie lang: whaaaaah :artie lang:

yeah, i cried when my father died of lung desease. :D

THE FACTS ABOUT SECOND-HAND SMOKE

DEATH

According to the American Cancer society, secondhand smoke is the third leading preventable cause of death in the U.S. It kills some 38,000 to 65,000 yearly; People who have never smoked!

Food service workers seem to be 50% more likely to develop lung cancer than others due to their exposure to second-hand smoke.

Every year environmental smoke (second-hand smoke) kills approximately 53,000 Americans. This is the same number of Americans who died in the Vietnam War!

The Environmental Protection Group has classified second-hand smoke as a "Group A" Carcinogen, a cancer causing agent in people. (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Respiratory Health Effects of Involuntary Smoking, 1993)

DISEASE

Pregnant women who smoke or are exposed to second-hand smoke have a greater likelihood of low-birthweight babies. Low birthweight babies are at risk for death or disease in early childhood. Children are more prone to develop asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, respiratory infections, and ear infections if they are around smokers. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) has also been linked to second-hand smoke. Thirty-Five percent of all SIDS deaths are estimated to be due to maternal smoking. (American Cancer Society)

A number of pre-existing health problems are made worse by second-hand smoke. Allergies, asthma, bronchitis, other respiratory diseases and heart disease all are adversely affected by second-hand smoke.

WHAT’S IN IT?

Cigarette smoke has over 4,700 chemicals, 50 human cancer causing agents, and 200 poisons. Carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide and methyl isocyanate are among these poisons. Benzo{a}pyrene and NNK cause lung cancer, nitrosamines may lead to lung cancer, respiratory system and other cancers. Aromatic amines, which causes bladder and breast cancer, formaldehyde, a source of nasal cancer and benzene, which causes leukemia, can all be found in cigarette smoke. (American Cancer Society)

WHAT CAN WE DO?

Many cities and counties are developing clean indoor air policies to protect the public and especially, their workers. Some states have adopted a state-wide policy of clean indoor air. If we work together as a grass-roots organization, we can make progress toward a smoke-free community. My thanks to the American Cancer Society for their contribution to this page.

yeah, i cried when my father died of lung desease. :D

THE FACTS ABOUT SECOND-HAND SMOKE

DEATH

According to the American Cancer society, secondhand smoke is the third leading preventable cause of death in the U.S. It kills some 38,000 to 65,000 yearly; People who have never smoked!

Food service workers seem to be 50% more likely to develop lung cancer than others due to their exposure to second-hand smoke.

Every year environmental smoke (second-hand smoke) kills approximately 53,000 Americans. This is the same number of Americans who died in the Vietnam War!

The Environmental Protection Group has classified second-hand smoke as a "Group A" Carcinogen, a cancer causing agent in people. (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Respiratory Health Effects of Involuntary Smoking, 1993)

DISEASE

Pregnant women who smoke or are exposed to second-hand smoke have a greater likelihood of low-birthweight babies. Low birthweight babies are at risk for death or disease in early childhood. Children are more prone to develop asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, respiratory infections, and ear infections if they are around smokers. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) has also been linked to second-hand smoke. Thirty-Five percent of all SIDS deaths are estimated to be due to maternal smoking. (American Cancer Society)

A number of pre-existing health problems are made worse by second-hand smoke. Allergies, asthma, bronchitis, other respiratory diseases and heart disease all are adversely affected by second-hand smoke.

WHAT’S IN IT?

Cigarette smoke has over 4,700 chemicals, 50 human cancer causing agents, and 200 poisons. Carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide and methyl isocyanate are among these poisons. Benzo{a}pyrene and NNK cause lung cancer, nitrosamines may lead to lung cancer, respiratory system and other cancers. Aromatic amines, which causes bladder and breast cancer, formaldehyde, a source of nasal cancer and benzene, which causes leukemia, can all be found in cigarette smoke. (American Cancer Society)

WHAT CAN WE DO?

Many cities and counties are developing clean indoor air policies to protect the public and especially, their workers. Some states have adopted a state-wide policy of clean indoor air. If we work together as a grass-roots organization, we can make progress toward a smoke-free community. My thanks to the American Cancer Society for their contribution to this page.

My Grandma died of emphysema. I highly doubt either of them got it from walking past a few people smoking outside.

And it was just a jab. Lighten up francis.

OK seriously, you have got to explain this one to me. Why no sunglasses in January? It's sunny out then and in fact, it there is snow on the ground the reflected light makes it even brighter than in the summer. Why wouldn't you wear sunglasses whenever the sun is out regardless of what time of year it is?

Kid Cid, I am not sure what you are really talking about in regards to recieving this whole "Sun" thing in January :D

Born and raised in Central NY and Mr. Sun hibernates every year from September - April

I guess I just didn't realize other parts of the country get Sun this time of year :D

Kid Cid, I am not sure what you are really talking about in regards to recieving this whole "Sun" thing in January :D

Born and raised in Central NY and Mr. Sun hibernates every year from September - April

I guess I just didn't realize other parts of the country get Sun this time of year :D

In his defense, I went to college just south of Rochester, NY and this man speaks the troof. Upstate NY sucks in the winter. Always dark, dreary and gray. Long Island wasn't much better which is one of the big reasons why I moved the hell out!

In his defense, I went to college just south of Rochester, NY and this man speaks the troof. Upstate NY sucks in the winter. Always dark, dreary and gray. Long Island wasn't much better which is one of the big reasons why I moved the hell out!

We have a lot in common, you went to college near Rochester, and I was once held hostage in an underground cave by evil trolls.

Do you like to bowl?

my wife went to school in rochester. dark, dreary and gray? you forgot cold as chit and continually covered in about a foot of snow.

my wife went to school in rochester. dark, dreary and gray? you forgot cold as chit and continually covered in about a foot of snow.

:D Well, the silver lining to this was that I had to great pleasure of walking through that chit 3 times a day. Usually up a damn hill. So I had that going for me. Still don't know why I didn't go to a southern school. :D

Georgia blue laws - no liquor sales on Sunday. :D

No beer sales on Sunday? That's not America...that's not even Mexico! Did the South lose a war?

... :D.....

...hmm, I guess they did. :wacko: