[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cloverfield

Cunning Runt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from seeing it. Oh my God!!! It is fantastic!!!!!

Go see it.

From the Star Trek preview JJ Abrams is directing all the way til the end, it is one kick-ass movie. :D No spoilers, but it does get a bit motion sickness and it explains nothing before-hand and after. I liked that, but I'm guessing some will be turned off by it. It's almost like a Part 2 of a trilogy. Great movie. Wanna see it again. Oh, and don't dream of waiting for it on DVD (like I usually do) unless you have a killer sound system.

reviews have been strong. abrams rarely disappoints. this is a must see for sci-fi fans, imho.

I'd classify it more as a horror movie. One scene I almost jumped out my seat. I'm not a hugh horror fan, but this one was fantastic.

I've heard the ending sucked and they never really show the monster. I would like to see it though.

SPOILERS

They show the monster at the end when it eats the guy holding the camera. The ending just ends when the 2 people left from the party are bombed by the military trying to kill the monster. The whole movie is simply a found video camera tape that is played. They never reveal where the monster comes from or what happens to it. That's why I said it's like Part 2 of a trilogy almost. I can see lots of people disliking it because nothing is wrapped up nice and neat, but I think it was more effective that way.

Edited by TimC

I saw it and thought it was okay. I really had to get past the fact that the guy is lugging the camera around while he is running for his life. I know that there's a big monster running around the city so suspension of disbelief is a requirement, but that was hard for me to buy. I'd be saying "f*ck this! I need to drop the extra weight and focus on surviving."

Edited by TDFFFreak

Is the whole thing done in that hand-held camcorder style? If so, there's just no way I'll ever see it. May as well just make myself vomit for an hour and save ten bucks.

+1

I thought it was freakin cool, but then again I am in the bag for just about ANY huge-monster-wrecking-sh-it movie.

While it only lasts 84 minutes, the last hour of it is so intense that I for one came out well-satisfied.

That can also be said of my sex life. :D

Edited by Bonehand

cool flick. throughout the movie i had to tell myself to relax and unclinch my shoulders. my wife had no idea what the movie was about and had seen absolutely nothing about it before we went in ... movies like this make her nuts. she was kicking me for most of the movie.

I saw it and Id just like to say I thought it was crap. Blair Witch wanna be. It was intense and the special effects were actually pretty damn good. There was just too much stuff in it that made it cheesy IMO. Like someone said already... If youre being terrorized by a big ass monster like that, youre not gonna be saying "someone has to tape this".

Ending was crap, and everyone in the theater knows it. Its just dead silence and everyone says... "thats it?"

Bottom line - Cool premise, but it would have been better if there was more story to it rather than the whole movie just what they shot on the camera. I would recommend saving your money and see it on DVD.