[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heath Ledger

justin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been practically all CNN can babble about the last 2 days and has also been their web site's lead story. Meanwhile little things like this get a :wacko:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/01/23/congo/index.html

:D

what the flip? Celeb obsessions are bad enough, but the guy does a few flicks and this is such huge news? I don't think Johnny Carson got this much publicity. enough already.

This has been practically all CNN can babble about the last 2 days and has also been their web site's lead story. Meanwhile little things like this get a :D

what the flip? Celeb obsessions are bad enough, but the guy does a few flicks and this is such huge news? I don't think Johnny Carson got this much publicity. enough already.

:moon:

For the record, I morun the loss of the Bonobos' more than I do the loss of Heath Ledger. Yes, I am evil like that. :wacko:

This has been practically all CNN can babble about the last 2 days and has also been their web site's lead story. Meanwhile little things like this get a :wacko:

:DCongo thread

I think I saw this directly under the horoscope - quote of the day section.

What are you talking about? I saw him in The Patriot, Knight's Tale, Monster's Ball, and as much of 10 things I hate as I could tolerate (not much, mind you but we can blame that as much on Julia Stiles being about as unwatchable as any actress alive, whatever). So I didn't see Brokeback. Explain how that equates to not having any grounds to base my opinion?

Because it is more or less the defining performance of his career? :wacko:

I'm not all broken up about this or anything, but at the same time I don't think you can really find a lot of actors under 30 with the depth and breadth of roles the guy had played up until now. To write him off as just another face in movieland getting by on his looks isn't particularly accurate.

Because it is more or less the defining performance of his career? :wacko:

I'm not all broken up about this or anything, but at the same time I don't think you can really find a lot of actors under 30 with the depth and breadth of roles the guy had played up until now. To write him off as just another face in movieland getting by on his looks isn't particularly accurate.

No, maybe not, but bigger than what goes on in Hollywood is that this dumbass killed himself or OD'ed and left a daughter behind to grow up without a Dad. Terribly sad, but not for him, for his daughter, which he probably didn't give a f*ck about based on the way he abused himself.

how good an actor he was is a matter of opinion. i didn't think much of him, but you are obviously free to disagree. what is pretty much undeniable is that celebrities who die young, however talented they were, almost always seem to get a better artistic reputation than they deserve after it happens.

how good an actor he was is a matter of opinion. i didn't think much of him, but you are obviously free to disagree. what is pretty much undeniable is that celebrities who die young, however talented they were, almost always seem to get a better artistic reputation than they deserve after it happens.

I'm not trying to start a debate or even begin bashing you for what you said because it's your opinion and all..

but I think that whether or not someone is a good actor should be obvious...

whether or not you like an actor is a whole different story...

people think Renee Zelwegger is a fantastic actress....but I find her extremely annoying...

I hate Nicholas Cage too...but he's played in some great movies...but he bothers me...maybe it's his southern drawl and that durh look he always has on his face (who knows?)

but..I'm not trying to twist you into saying Ledger was a good actor(this thread has already been blown out of proportion as it is...not to mention what the media has done :wacko: ...I just wanted to say this because it came to mind when I read your post...

+1. Who honestly gives a flying f*ck if he lives or dies? Just because he made a living pretending to be someone else doesn't bestow anything special on him. This is a total non-event. F*ck him, he's dead, move on.

Meh. His death is no more or less important to me than the multitude of other decent human beings who died yesterday without fanfare.

:irish: yeah right..

if I died yesterday...there would be at least 11 people in front of my house...

err...I mean the rest of the teams in my local FF league :wacko:

:irish:

Weird thread....never seen Huddler's be so critical of someone immediately after their death...It's like Blitz took over everyone's login info.

No comparison really. Sorry if I sound like a dick but I have very little compassion for someone who leaves a daughter to grow up without a Dad.

No comparison really. Sorry if I sound like a dick but I have very little compassion for someone who leaves a daughter to grow up without a Dad.

I wasn't critical of him so much as I'm critical of the amount of attention a so-called celebrity gets.