[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who else misses golf?

HowboutthemCowboys

I have only played twice this winter(in the NW) and I work at a friggin' course, so get comped at many other tracks. Thing is being from SoCal originally, I don't like playing in temps 45 degrees or lower. Did get a chance to play Trump National when I was down visiting for Thanksgiving. That my friends is about the best course I have ever set foot on.

Oh yeah Adams are okay as are much others that are sold at just sporting goods stores. The true fact being that no matter what stick you have in your hands, if it doesn't "feel" or "look" right in your minds eye you probably won't hit it that well or consistently. Golf IS afterall 75% the muscle between your ears.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

I have only played twice this winter(in the NW) and I work at a friggin' course, so get comped at many other tracks. Thing is being from SoCal originally, I don't like playing in temps 45 degrees or lower. Did get a chance to play Trump National when I was down visiting for Thanksgiving. That my friends is about the best course I have ever set foot on.

Oh yeah Adams are okay as are much others that are sold at just sporting goods stores. The true fact being that no matter what stick you have in your hands, if it doesn't "feel" or "look" right in your minds eye you probably won't hit it that well or consistently. Golf IS afterall 75% the muscle between your ears.

A bit of a drive, but have you made it down to Chamber's Bay yet?

A bit of a drive, but have you made it down to Chamber's Bay yet?

Negative. Heard it was a great track that will only get better with turf maturation, which BTW was the one small complaint from those I know that have played it. Caddies are a must I have also heard. Will go this summer I hope. Will be playing Newcastle though now that Oki owns us and am pumped for that.

Negative. Heard it was a great track that will only get better with turf maturation, which BTW was the one small complaint from those I know that have played it. Caddies are a must I have also heard. Will go this summer I hope. Will be playing Newcastle though now that Oki owns us and am pumped for that.

Very cool. I've never played Newcastle. Couples designed that right?

I spent a couple summers working at Echo Falls during college. Washington National and the Plateau Club are pretty good courses. Trophy Lake is nice...when its dry: It just takes awhile to get dry and I usually kept driving to Gold Mt.

Have you ever come down to play Crosswater in Sunriver? It is rated 76.5/153 at the tips, so will challenge you if you are a really good golfer. The PGA seniors played a major here this summer and they didn't even play all the holes from the tips, as well as the NCAA finals. There are 4 men's tees to play from, so fun for everyone. Do bring plenty of balls-they don't call it Crosswater for nothin. We own 20 dozen Pro V's and have never bought one-we own a ball retriever. Josh Willis, our head pro, is pretty generous at comping to golf course employees. If you do come down, let me know. If anyone else is interested, it's a semi-private course and costs $125-$175 to play depending on the time of day, and can only get on if you stay at the Sunriver Lodge. If you go on with me, it's $85.

I think most of choosing a club is the shaft. I find some too stiff, so I slice, or too flexible, so I hook or don't hit it very far.

Have you ever come down to play Crosswater in Sunriver? It is rated 76.5/153 at the tips, so will challenge you if you are a really good golfer. The PGA seniors played a major here this summer and they didn't even play all the holes from the tips, as well as the NCAA finals. There are 4 men's tees to play from, so fun for everyone. Do bring plenty of balls-they don't call it Crosswater for nothin. We own 20 dozen Pro V's and have never bought one-we own a ball retriever. Josh Willis, our head pro, is pretty generous at comping to golf course employees. If you do come down, let me know. If anyone else is interested, it's a semi-private course and costs $125-$175 to play depending on the time of day, and can only get on if you stay at the Sunriver Lodge. If you go on with me, it's $85.

I think most of choosing a club is the shaft. I find some too stiff, so I slice, or too flexible, so I hook or don't hit it very far.

Love the Sunriver/Bend area. Never had a chance to play Crosswater, but have heard nothing but good reviews. Last Oregon courses I played was Bandon and Pumpkin Ridge in the same weekend. Then did the Portland Brewery run the next day. Man that was fun. Also expensive as I remember.

If you are up in Seattle look me up, as our guest rates are awesome.

I spent a couple summers working at Echo Falls during college. Washington National and the Plateau Club are pretty good courses. Trophy Lake is nice...when its dry: It just takes awhile to get dry and I usually kept driving to Gold Mt.

Yep Freddy helped design at least one of them. Played Plateau in a tournament and got my ass handed to me(brutally hard). Like Echo Falls, Fraz and I used to have a house just a mile or so from the course, near the Rainbow Grocery store. We used to call the area little Deliverance

Gold Mt. was a cool course. Did we play at Echo Falls when I was up there? Wasn't 18 a par 3 island or was that another course?

Love the Sunriver/Bend area. Never had a chance to play Crosswater, but have heard nothing but good reviews. Last Oregon courses I played was Bandon and Pumpkin Ridge in the same weekend. Then did the Portland Brewery run the next day. Man that was fun. Also expensive as I remember.

If you are up in Seattle look me up, as our guest rates are awesome.

At what club do you work?

Crosswater is pretty great for the beauty of the course alone.

Haven't played Pumpkin Ridge or Bandon. There's a group of friends who go there every year, but too rich for our blood. They have great winter rates for Oregon residents, but the winters can be brutal to play. We have a free round at Pumpkin Ridge, we need to cash in on.

Likewise-come on down here and you-any any other Huddler for that matter-have a free place to stay. Not bad accomondations, you get your own floor of the house that inculdes your own bath and widescreen TV, and almost private deck-you have to share it with two dogs.

Haven't played Pumpkin Ridge or Bandon. There's a group of friends who go there every year, but too rich for our blood. They have great winter rates for Oregon residents, but the winters can be brutal to play. We have a free round at Pumpkin Ridge, we need to cash in on.

I played Bandon in Dec and got a stretch of playable weather. You really only have to worry about the current weather...water just seems to disappear from the course. Pumpkin Ridge is a fun course, but I like the Reserve better.

I'm heading to Florida next friday with a big group for 10 days of 36-holes-a-day :D

The best part is, my clubs, clothes and other necessities are already there waiting. Hopefully its warm, but any weather will be better than what we have up here in Mich :wacko:

I can't friggin' wait...

I'm heading to South Carolina on March 6 with a big group of 12 for 5 days of 36-holes-a-day. :moon:

The best part is, my clubs, clothes and other necessities are already there waiting. Hopefully its warm, but any weather will be better than what we have up here in Pittsburgh :D

I can't friggin' wait...