[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

obama volunteers told to share "conversion stories"

Azazello1313

that wasn't a second hand "news" report. that was a pollster sticking a mic in front of a bunch of typical obama supporters (that is, after all, exactly what a focus group strives to be) and asking them to name an accomplishment of his on live TV. the response is what it is.

I'm pretty sure if it was my show, I could round up a group of McCain supporters that would make all of them look like drooling retards (no offense, Irish). That doesn't make them typical.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that wasn't a second hand "news" report. that was a pollster sticking a mic in front of a bunch of typical obama supporters (that is, after all, exactly what a focus group strives to be) and asking them to name an accomplishment of his on live TV. the response is what it is.

If you want to believe everything lock, stock and barrell from the national enquirer/weekly world news as well, go right ahead.

I'm pretty sure if it was my show, I could round up a group of McCain supporters that would make all of them look like drooling retards (no offense, Irish). That doesn't make them typical.

so you think pollster frank luntz put together a bogus focus group just so hannity could ask them a question and make them, and by extension obama supporters in general, look dumb? yeah, i think you're right, that ora-tater guy has to be a karl rove plant. :D:wacko:

maybe you could convince me of this if you or poopflick could rattle off a few of his accomplishments, without using google or going to his website.

so you think pollster frank luntz put together a bogus focus group just so hannity could ask them a question and make them, and by extension obama supporters in general, look dumb?

You really think it's far fetched that a featured segment of Hannity and Colmes was designed to make democrats look foolish.

Yeah, that's far fetched.

Are you a regular viewer of that quality news program?

You really think it's far fetched that a featured segment of Hannity and Colmes was designed to make democrats look foolish.

Yeah, that's far fetched.

Are you a regular viewer of that quality news program?

hannity's question was obviously designed to make obama supporters look foolish. in order for it to work, though, he had to be right in assuming that a group of obama supporters wouldn't have much clue about his "accomplishments". given everything i've seen from most obama supporters, that was a reasonable assumption to make -- for example, in all of the pro-obama posts i've read here at the huddle, i don't recall seeing a single one talking about anything he has actually accomplished.

i suppose it is theoretically possible that "faux" set up a bogus focus group in order to make obama supporters look clueless about his "accomplishments", but i don't know why on earth they would need to.

hannity's question was obviously designed to make obama supporters look foolish. in order for it to work, though, he had to be right in assuming that a group of obama supporters wouldn't have much clue about his "accomplishments". given everything i've seen from most obama supporters, that was a reasonable assumption to make -- for example, in all of the pro-obama posts i've read here at the huddle, i don't recall seeing a single one talking about anything he has actually accomplished.

i suppose it is theoretically possible that "faux" set up a bogus focus group in order to make obama supporters look clueless about his "accomplishments", but i don't know why on earth they would need to.

OK...what did Bush actually accomplish? He was successful at destroying most businesses he was associated with. OK..lets vote for that. I did!!!! One time....one time only.

If you want to believe everything lock, stock and barrell from the national enquirer/weekly world news as well, go right ahead.

If you want to watch any of these shows you have to do so much fact checking it isn't worth the time. That is unless you want to spread lies.

Typical Obama supporters. Is that like saying Holmes and the other fake liberals are typical?

Grunge has drank the Kool-Aid.

What flavor Kool-Aid is that?

Orange.

Orange isn't a flavor!!!!!!

It's grape of course.

And anyone that is still on the GOP bandwagon should be the last person to accuse anyone of drinking the kool-aid.

couldn't one say the same thing about mccain? what has he "accomplished" that has really mattered? i respect his service to our country, but i'm not sure i can call the guy a war hero. being an admiral's son who was captured? i've heard in addition to being captured he also crashed several planes. being a republican who could not carry through on conservative values? mccain's web site says that he has spent his career combating government waste and stregthening our military. i'd say he failed. he's worked to reduce the influence of lobbyists. nope. has this guy lit it up in terms of changing the world? what would you list for him? he's old? his wife's hotter than most?

couldn't one say the same thing about mccain? what has he "accomplished" that has really mattered? i respect his service to our country, but i'm not sure i can call the guy a war hero. being an admiral's son who was captured? i've heard in addition to being captured he also crashed several planes. being a republican who could not carry through on conservative values? mccain's web site says that he has spent his career combating government waste and stregthening our military. i'd say he failed. he's worked to reduce the influence of lobbyists. nope. has this guy lit it up in terms of changing the world? what would you list for him? he's old? his wife's hotter than most?

He's taken to channeling Reagan saying "my friends" about every 20 seconds when speaks? :wacko:

Since Grunge goes to the same Church as Obama:

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian. ... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Focus on the African continent continues in two of the 10-point vision of the church:

A congregation committed to ADORATION.

A congregation preaching SALVATION.

A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.

A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.

A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.

A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.

A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.

A congregation committed to LIBERATION.

A congregation committed to RESTORATION.

A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY

Economic Parity. :wacko:

dude, give me a break. i won't even speak to the "swiftboating", that is just weak. guy is one of the most influential leaders in the senate and has been for at least a decade by ANYONE'S measure. i won't go through the entire list of legislation he's been instrumental in drafting and/or passing, but he has been willing to stand up and take on any issue, even when it hurts him politically. you are free to advocate for obama, but comparing their resumes is NOT gonna be the winning strategy for ya.

Edited by Azazello1313

dude, give me a break. i won't even speak to the "swiftboating", that is just weak. guy is one of the most influential leaders in the senate and has been for at least a decade by ANYONE'S measure. i won't go through the entire list of legislation he's been instrumental in drafting and/or passing, but he has been willing to stand up and take on any issue, even when it hurts him politically. you are free to advocate for obama, but comparing their resumes is NOT gonna be the winning strategy for ya.

so you can't name any accomplishments? you know, without consulting the web site.

so you can't name any accomplishments? you know, without consulting the web site.

right. ok, without looking off the top of my head....he broke the stalemate on judicial appointments with the "gang of 14", avoiding both a prolonged democratic filibuster and the republican "nuclear" option, while securing appointment of bush's nominees; he co-authored and passed bipartisan campaign finance reform; he voted against every tax increase proposal that ever came up; co-authored mccain-lieberman greenhouse legislation; he was a primary force behind normalizing relations with vietnam; he has long been the most influential voice in congress against pork spending, was a primary force behind the line-item veto even though the SC later struck it down; has been a leader on ethics reform, entitlement reform; he's put himself on the line taken principled stands that have been unpopular within his own party and/or with polls of the general public, from supporting the "surge", to vocally criticizing the rumsfeld strategy, to the gang of 14, to ethics and lobbying reform (taking on delay, other abramoff republicans), to voting against bush's massive medicaid expansion, to opposing his party on unfunded tax cuts, to trying to come up with pragmatic, bipartisan immigration reform.

i'm sort of embarrassed i can't think of more off the top of my head, but now that i've obliged, will you do the same for obama?