[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CREDIT REPORTS

Mark5

I updated my credit card and CHASE offered me a free credit report.. ended up have to call customer service and they said there was aa ALERT on my credit file. She suggested I get in contact with one or all three agencies but they all want me to sign up and pay a fee before I can actually talk to somebody at said agency. Has anybody ever dealt with this? Is there a way to talk to somebody at Equifax WITHOUT paying a monthly charge?

I tried the annual credit report route and they would not release my report either. Last time I checked (probably FEB 07) my credit was top notch..

You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report from all three agencies once a year, or any time your credit is denied for something, I believe.

This may vary by state law, but I think it's pretty universal.

+1

If you go to Equifax or just google FREE CREDIT REPORT, you will find an easy way to get one free a year.

Annualcreditreport.com is the site that lets you check your credit reports for free. There is no charge and it has the links to the 3 credit report companies.

+1. Freecreditreport tries to get you to pay. Annualcreditreport allows you to check all 3 for no fee; you can't get your score, but that's irrelevant for the most part.

What I/we recommend is getting one every 4 months (you can get 1 free report yearly from all 3 agencies - rolling it means you are getting a report from one agency every 4 months, as opposed to getting all 3 at the same time); even though there can be discrepancies between the 3 credit reporting bureaus, that's often enough to make sure that there are no major things going awry.

Ideally, you aren't a victim of identity theft, somebody just confused you with another person of the same name. Which happens QUITE often, I'm told. The whole credit report thing is something that is best not to dig too deep into, otherwise you'll get pissed off and your head will explode.

Edited by Chavez

+1. Freecreditreport tries to get you to pay. Annualcreditreport allows you to check all 3 for no fee; you can't get your score, but that's irrelevant for the most part.

What I/we recommend is getting one every 4 months (you can get 1 free report yearly from all 3 agencies - rolling it means you are getting a report from one agency every 4 months, as opposed to getting all 3 at the same time); even though there can be discrepancies between the 3 credit reporting bureaus, that's often enough to make sure that there are no major things going awry.

Ideally, you aren't a victim of identity theft, somebody just confused you with another person of the same name. Which happens QUITE often, I'm told. The whole credit report thing is something that is best not to dig too deep into, otherwise you'll get pissed off and your head will explode.

Thanks Chavez, I have done these in the past and was able to print out the report of who I owed and what I owed but this time it would give me NOTHING and when my own credit card co. (who gives me credit in the first place) would not tell me what the problem was I got a little worried. and yes, there is another guy in town with my name because I have gotten his doctor bills.

I updated my credit card and CHASE offered me a free credit report.. ended up have to call customer service and they said there was aa ALERT on my credit file. She suggested I get in contact with one or all three agencies but they all want me to sign up and pay a fee before I can actually talk to somebody at said agency. Has anybody ever dealt with this? Is there a way to talk to somebody at Equifax WITHOUT paying a monthly charge?

I tried the annual credit report route and they would not release my report either. Last time I checked (probably FEB 07) my credit was top notch..

Be careful because some CC companies will tell you that and then 2 mos. later they jack your interest to an astronomical rate because of what they so called found. That happened to me and I closed the account.

there was a time when all three of the credit reporting agencies showed that I had a Discover CC at the age of THREE....yeah it was my DADs and all i can say is if you name your kid after you it is almost a given that both of your info will get crossed. :wacko:

Thanks Chavez, I have done these in the past and was able to print out the report of who I owed and what I owed but this time it would give me NOTHING and when my own credit card co. (who gives me credit in the first place) would not tell me what the problem was I got a little worried. and yes, there is another guy in town with my name because I have gotten his doctor bills.

Tell me the truth, is your name Pablo Escobar? If so, please send me my bills!!!

Tell me the truth, is your name Pablo Escobar? If so, please send me my bills!!!

I have about 2,000,000 $100 bills that have your name on them with one rolled up and ready to go. Only if you come beat me with a baseball bat and save my pretty face will I know that it is truly you PABLO. But I would like a free weekend at your Columbian resort. The discovery channel made it look pretty nice.

I have about 2,000,000 $100 bills that have your name on them with one rolled up and ready to go. Only if you come beat me with a baseball bat and save my pretty face will I know that it is truly you PABLO. But I would like a free weekend at your Columbian resort. The discovery channel made it look pretty nice.

Nahh just kidding, my real name is Truman Arnold.

Everything came out fine today POLK, I found out there are more people than I thought who share my name and it threw up a red flag... and yes, we have both contributed to Trumans fotunes..LOL. I have met him and he is not all that bad but he only covered my bar tab after I told him I would NOT sleep with any close relatives OF HIS.... He figured it was in the families best interest