[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Game Thread?

loaf

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a POS he is, clearly showed his ass and classlessness. I can't wait to hear his post game interview and see what new low he goes too.

He's a great football coach. So, he doesn't have a gregarious personality, so what? His interview went just as it should have. They made the plays, we didn't, we are disappointed. He really showed what a classless act he is there... :wacko:

ETA: I am not a BB apologist. I just see some folks over reacting here.

Edited by gilthorp

Suh-weeet. Not so much that the Giants won, but that the Pats lost.

Pretty much says it all from my perspective.

Giants D line was collectively the MVP of that game - hands down.

Without question. I'm still amazed at what their defense was able to do. Their defensive coordinator should be getting some calls for interviews. His gameplan and the team's execution of it was nothing short of phenomenal. They held the most prolific offense I've ever seen to 14 points. Simply amazing !!!!

:brew:

18-1 with a * and a :D to Belicheat. See ya in 19 months Hoodie Boy!

I realized tonight it is not so much the players or the team that I have grown to dislike. (I actually kinda like Brady now after seeing a few interviews. Not bad for a 6th rounder than Bobby Beathard passed on despite the pleading from his HC :brow: Feel badly for Seau )

But, all of that is trumped by the POS HC. He knows football and is maybe the best ever, but there is little to like about him unless he is your coach, win or lose! :moon:

Congrats Giants' fans! I'm sure you are :D and :guns:

Maybe someday as a Charger fan I will experience that feeling :wacko:

:brew:

18-1 with a * and a :D to Belicheat. See ya in 19 months Hoodie Boy!

I realized tonight it is not so much the players or the team that I have grown to dislike. (I actually kinda like Brady now after seeing a few interviews. Not bad for a 6th rounder than Bobby Beathard passed on despite the pleading from his HC :brow: Feel badly for Seau )

But, all of that is trumped by the POS HC. He knows football and is maybe the best ever, but there is little to like about him unless he is your coach, win or lose! :moon:

Congrats Giants' fans! I'm sure you are :D and :guns:

Maybe someday as a Charger fan I will experience that feeling :wacko:

Where is your translator?

He's a great football coach. So, he doesn't have a gregarious personality, so what? His interview went just as it should have. They made the plays, we didn't, we are disappointed. He really showed what a classless act he is there... :wacko:

ETA: I am not a BB apologist. I just see some folks over reacting here.

+1. You see folks overreacting, I see the usual bunch of third graders whining about nothing.

I havent read the thread..Just got home..The Tyree play will go down as one of the best in the history of the superbowl. Congrats Giants fans on a fantastic win..Also gotta give props to bradshaw for ripping the fumble out of that guys hands when he clearly had it. I am not sure who the Pats player was but he needs to do some curls or something..Giants were awesome ..Magical run down the stretch and capped it off with a ring. Cant ask for better then that :wacko:

Just chiming in to say congrats to all the Giants fan before I go to bed drunk and feeling sorry for myself. That was a hell of a game and The giants deserve that trophy totally and completely. They came through the playoffs and beat the 3 "elite" teams while also beating the #1 defense as well. Congrats to all you Giants fans you all seem like pretty good people and I hope you enjoy this great moment for your team!

Now I am going to stare at blank walls or get as drunk as humanly possible!

Pass the crow....

Wow. I didn't even watch because I was so sure NE would win. And after that NE last TD I woulda been throwing out told-you-so's left and right as I was at least 100% sure that was how it would end (honestly before the game multiple times I said either a NE blowout right off or Brady/Moss for the winning score at the end). First the Red Sox, then the "can't win a big one" Peyton/Dungy-led Colts, now this - what's next, the DET Lions dynasty??

Congrats to NY. I'm pretty neutral about them but esp glad for Manning and Coughlin, both who are good but have taken more than their share of criticism (not all unearned, but stil.....). The one gray lining on this big silvery cloud is Seau not getting a ring - but nothing's perfect.

Including the Pats LMFAO

:wacko:

I am sure this was discussed somewhere but way too lazy to comb through the threads. The Bradshaw fumble recovery. Was that play not reviewable ? That was the only play of the game that really left me scratching my head. I know in the scrum its not terribly uncommon for the ball to change hands but it seemed pretty clear the Pats had possesion and the guy would be ruled down by contact when they pounced on him. What is the ruling on that ? Edit to add..And who was the guy that had possesion for the Pats ? Bradshaw put a mini skirt on him

Edited by whomper

I am sure this was discussed somewhere but way too lazy to comb through the threads. The Bradshaw fumble recovery. Was that play not reviewable ? That was the only play of the game that really left me scratching my head. I know in the scrum its not terribly uncommon for the ball to change hands but it seemed pretty clear the Pats had possesion and the guy would be ruled down by contact when they pounced on him. What is the ruling on that ? Edit to add..And who was the guy that had possesion for the Pats ? Bradshaw put a mini skirt on him

The rule is that in a scrum after a fumbled ball, the ball can change hands and whoever has it last then the refs end the pileup keeps the ball. And that is not reviewable.

The rule is that in a scrum after a fumbled ball, the ball can change hands and whoever has it last then the refs end the pileup keeps the ball. And that is not reviewable.

Thanks Big John

At first I thought Bradshaw did take it from the Pat but another angle showed the ball had slipped slipped down toward his legs area which is when I though Bradshaw took control of it. I'm not sure the Pat had it 100% initially.

The other thing that I couldn't believe was the review of the 12 men on the field. I can't believe that sort of thing is reviewable. Pretty soon you'll be able to review a non holding call. "Excuse me Mr. Ref but I think you missed a clear hold on # 67 can you review that for me?"

Great replay showing Bradshaw's hand reaching under the Pat player's body before he was down. The ball was still contested at that point (for those of you who remember "fumble drills"). Not enough to overturn!

Don't remember any WOW :D plays by the Pats but a whole bunch by the Giants. The only real play I remember by the Pats was the tackle on the last kickoff. :D They looked pretty much :brow: most of the night :moon: Clearly all the pressure of that game was on them.

193 minute opening drive told the Pats that they were facing "game on"! Brady looked antsy on some of those TV shots. Why was he sitting on the bench the whole drive? He hadn't been on the field and was not tired! Some team leader! :wacko: Shouldn't he have been on the sideline cheering his defense on?? Just wondering ??? :guns:

Pats got outplayed AND out coached! Surprising. Great game plan!

Pats D (LB's) looks old. They are adequate when playing with a lead or a shootout and the other team is throwing to catch up. Bruschi got lit up a few times and who knows if Seau comes back. Don't know much about the Pats depth, but they are great at finding new players and re-treads. They need to on that D, 'cause they have been exposed. Manning a bunch of time to throw. Yeah, a few pressures, but nothing like Brady was facing!

Given that, the Pats remind me a lot of the Coryell Chargers. That team lost A LOT of games like the one last night. It reminded me of the 1980 AFC Championship game where the Raiders beat the Chargers. The score was a lot higher, but the feel of that game was similar. The Giants stepped up and smacked the finesse team in the mouth!

Not to diminish the GREAT Giant win, but Brady has not looked Bradyesque the last two games! Could "the foot" have been more of a factor than we knew? He looked frustrated and flustered in both of the last games more than and all world QB I had heard about all year (Or are they just really good bully's and are great at beating up on the lesser teams?). He seemed to have little "escapability" as the talking heads put it.

Once again, Congrats to the Giants fans! Enjoy it! :brew: