[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB Packers Wide Receivers...

Savage Beatings

The Packers are pretty fat at WR for the upcoming year.

Donald Driver

Greg Jennings

James Jones

My question is, do you think there is room in that starting rotation for Koren Robinson to once again emerge as a credible threat in the Green Bay offense next season? Or is he just too unreliable off the field to ever be trusted with a role beyond special teams?

I don't see him surpassing Jones or Driver. I think he's the no4 receiver/special teamer.

The last 3 weeks KRob had 10 targets to Jones' 6. I think he moved ahread of Jones, but neither the #3 nor 4 WR are worth much unless you get return yards.

Did Jennings become the official #1 in GB?

No not yet, (not officially anyway) but Driver has played more like a possession receiver this year. I would say they are 1A and 1 B. They aren't listing anything yet, but next year they may make the change.

Zero chance of him becoming a starter barring some significant injuries. Favre likes him though, so he'll have some role. For fantasy purposes, he might get a few waiver wire looks during the run of bye weeks. Not a buy/hold type guy though.

With Jennings history,Its likely he could start at some point,

What do you mean Jennings history?

His rookie year he injured his ankle and this year he missed the first 2 games. He seemed injury prone early but outside of a pulled hamstring played most of the year but rarely at 100%..

Last year he kept re-injuring the ankle because they didn't have anyone to consistently start with Driver.

Mark my words... Greg Jennings will be a bust in fantasy drafts next year. I'm not hating on him, just going with my gut instinct based on the following:

1) The Packers had a magical year in 2007, and it's tough to maintain that level of success in the NFL because the NFL rewards good teams with a tougher schedule.

2) Driver's inability to get into the end zone has to be considered, to some degree, an anomaly. He'll steal a few TDs from Jennings.

3) James Jones will be another year into the system and, as a result, might cut slightly into Jennings' numbers (maybe take away 1 TD, some catches).

4) Jennings probably will miss more time in 2008 than 2007.

Again, I'm speculating, but I just won't be surprised if he's overvalued in drafts and taken too early in drafts based solely on the numbers he put up this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at 7-8 TDs if he plays all 16 games, and would put his final numbers somewhere around 800 yds, 6TDs if he misses a couple of games. Again, a sold year, but likely not what the most eager owners will expect based on where they drafted him.

Mark my words... Greg Jennings will be a bust in fantasy drafts next year. I'm not hating on him, just going with my gut instinct based on the following:

1) The Packers had a magical year in 2007, and it's tough to maintain that level of success in the NFL because the NFL rewards good teams with a tougher schedule.

2) Driver's inability to get into the end zone has to be considered, to some degree, an anomaly. He'll steal a few TDs from Jennings.

3) James Jones will be another year into the system and, as a result, might cut slightly into Jennings' numbers (maybe take away 1 TD, some catches).

Again, I'm speculating, but I just won't be surprised if he's overvalued in drafts and taken too early in drafts based solely on the numbers he put up this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at 7-8 TDs if he plays all 16 games, and would put his final numbers somewhere around 800 yds, 6TDs if he misses a couple of games. Again, a sold year, but likely not what the most eager owners will expect based on where they drafted him.

1. Greg Jennings was extremely good his rookie year. If not for his injury he would have been right there with Colston.

2. With Driver stealing a few TD's he should still put up 7-9 TD's easy.

3. A TD and some catches?

4. Good insight here... :wacko:

:

Edited by piratesownninjas

I went to Central Mich, so can't root for Jennings on principle. But my main point is that he will probably be drafted earlier than he ought to be based on his 2007 numbers. He will not duplicate that success.

2006 45-632-3td

2007 53-920-12td

I can see why you don't think he'll improve...

While he may not duplicate his td per game, I do see his receptions and yardage going up quite a bit. This guy can flat out play. He runs crisp routes, has great hands, focus and work ethic. This guy is a flat out stud. As a rookie he was likened to Marvin Harrison by Harrison's former receiver's coach.

everyone understood what you meant except for a few cheeseheads. :wacko:

No, I got what he was saying, but his receptions and yards should go up to offset a slight TD drop... You guys flat out are not giving Jennings enough credit. This guy is a future pro bowler.

Edited by piratesownninjas

1) The Packers had a magical year in 2007, and it's tough to maintain that level of success in the NFL because the NFL rewards good teams with a tougher schedule.2) Driver's inability to get into the end zone has to be considered, to some degree, an anomaly. He'll steal a few TDs from Jennings.

The schedule isn't done like that anymore.

Yeah, I dunno. Speculation.

1) Magical year and all. These days strength of schedule looks pretty different at the end of every season and WR fantasy production isn't hurt as much by schedule as other positions.

2) Driver is also 33 and has been clobbered the last few years. I think more attention goes Jennings direction in future. Based on the snippet we got from Aaron Rodgers in the Dallas game, if (god forbid) Brett hangs em up, it looks like Rodgers is all about feeding Jennings the ball. Man, he looked good doing that. Made me feel all funny.

3) James Jones faded down the stretch and while I know he was a rookie, I'm not as high on him as I used to be.

4) "probably miss more time in 2008 than 2007"? That's pretty wild speculation for sure.

My guess right now, at this exact point in time, is Jennings gets more receptions and yardage, and a few less TD's next season. This also depends on who is throwing him the ball. Probably more of the same TD wise if Brett is still back there.

Personally, I think Jennings is WR1 for the Packers going forward and that Driver is getting older (and has taken a beating btw) and that it's possible Jones may not be enough for a WR2. Although I really hope I'm wrong about Jones. I'm just saying we don't know how high he can climb yet.

The x-factor to me here is Koren Robinson. Brett clearly was trying to get the ball to him down the stretch and likes him. And if he rehabilitates his career, plays inspired etc, he could wind up as high as WR2. He's 27 and got talent, Driver older, and if Jones doesn't live up to expectations. I'm probably nuts, but I could see a lineup next year playing out as:

WR1 Jennings

WR2 Robinson

WR3 Driver

WR4 Jones

More likely this though:

WR1 Jennings

WR2 Driver

WR3 Jones

WR4 Robinson

My :wacko: in February.

I believe it is...
All teams in the same division play the same non-divisional schedule except for 2 games. Those 2 games are in the same order of finish of the 2 divisions in the same conference that that division is not playing all teams in that year. For the divisional games, each team has 2 games against all orders except their own so the 2 non-predetermined opponents even out so each team now plays (incl. div. teams) 4 games against a 1st, 4 against a 2nd, 4 against a 3rd and 4 against a 4th pladce finisher. Edited by Big John

I think Jones'll be OK. He didn't have many targets late in the year and when he develops a chemistry with Favre or another QB will be fine. He's strong, has huge hands and Jennings coming on from day 1 was the aberation. Most WR's take time to develop.

All teams in the same division play the same non-divisional schedule except for 2 games. Those 2 games are in the same order of finish of the 2 divisions in the same conference that that division is not playing all teams in that year. For the divisional games, each team has 2 games against all orders except their own so the 2 non-predetermined opponents even out so each team now plays (incl. div. teams) 4 games against a 1st, 4 against a 2nd, 4 against a 3rd and 4 against a 4th pladce finisher.

I know I don't need to confirm anything John says, but this is correct.

I think Jones'll be OK. He didn't have many targets late in the year and when he develops a chemistry with Favre or another QB will be fine. He's strong, has huge hands and Jennings coming on from day 1 was the aberation. Most WR's take time to develop.

Yeah, hopin that's the case. Something about him has cast doubt for me though. The fumblitis game, the sloppy routes, Favre not looking his way as much... just seems like he may not be as big a deal as we thought in the beginning. Probably just his rookie status. I dunno though...