[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

History is being made at Jujube

detlef

Of course ... so my first statement rings true ... you got yours when the bill was paid ... you really don't care about the tip

I'm basking in the glory of history so I won't let you drag me into your petty little pit of hate. Please carry on.

I'm basking in the glory of history so I won't let you drag me into your petty little pit of hate. Please carry on.

If it was so historic, you should take care of the waiter for being such an excellent representative for your establishment.

I think my ass would be numb after eating at a restaurant for almost 5 1/2 hours. I think the longest I've ever done it is 4 hours.

So Det, how much business did you lose because they sat there for that long or does your usual 2.5 hour policy only apply to certain people that don't spend enough?

So if the bill was $300 and lets be generous and assume the tip was 30%, or $90.

The table was occupied for almost 5.5 hours ... so it was almost $18 per hour

So now the question is could the waiter have made more had the Dutch sat an average time. In 5.5 hours the table probably would not have turned more than 4 times max. Presuming the table turned 4 times then he would have had to average $90 per ticket with a 25% tip each time to hit $90.

Probably a good deal for the waiter presuming a 30% tip ... obviously the smaller the tip the less of a good deal

So if the bill was $300 and lets be generous and assume the tip was 30%, or $90.

So now the question is could the waiter have made more had the Dutch sat an average time. In 5.5 hours the table probably would not have turned more than 4 times max. Presuming the table turned 4 times then he would have had to average $90 per ticket with a 25% tip each time to hit $90.

Probably a good deal for the waiter presuming a 30% tip ... obviously the smaller the tip the less of a good deal

Hey man your seein Table History here :wacko:

They're like children that I tax. Of course I care about my waiters.

Care enough to reduce your margin to compensate on the tip had they been stiffed?

That one flew right over your head didn't it.

Edited by detlef

To answer your question, the table would have likely been sat twice, possibly 3 times but likely twice. Dude made about $30 off the table. The table was large enough for four. Had it been sat twice as a four, he'd have likely, but not certainly done better (our check average normally being around $30). Had it been sat as a deuce twice, he would likely done much worse.

Are we discussing this to answer your first question?

It was a good night, all the waiters made money, now they can go buy their drugs. Everyone is happy.

To answer your question, the table would have likely been sat twice, possibly 3 times but likely twice. Dude made about $30 off the table. The table was large enough for four. Had it been sat twice as a four, he'd have likely, but not certainly done better (our check average normally being around $30). Had it been sat as a deuce twice, he would likely done much worse.

It was a good night, all the waiters made money, now they can go buy their drugs. Everyone is happy.

He only made $30?

That's weak. On a $260 tab I'm tipping $52, minimum.

Just curious. Although if he only made $30 on the table you must have a tip pool in place? I hated the tip pool when I waited tables.

Well $52 on $260 is 20% ... not well over 20% as the waiter claimed

Jesus dude, relax. I said "a bit over $50" because the waiter said better than 20%. I have no idea what exactly the waiters tip was.

We, along with him, were concerned that they'd go Euro and stiff him, so after they left, I asked how he did.

He said, "Actually, better than 20%" (or something, forgive me but I don't recall his exact words because I didn't think I was going to be sitting a damned congressional hearing on the matter).

Also, I had the total bill wrong, they only had 2 not 3 bottles. I asked the bartender and he told me 3 bottles, he meant that they had drunk the equivalent of 3 bottles of wine when you add in the extra glasses they bought. Of course, that begs a bigger question, what the hell freaking difference does this make?

2 people sat down when we first opened were almost the last to leave but pretty much went for it.