[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want a Wii

AtomicCEO

You can surf the web on the Wii too. It uses the Opera browser.

Well we all know opera is for women....

Best 250 bucks I spent in the past year? The Wii. Easily. Games for it will mature but in the meantime both Madden and Resident Evil kick ass on it, and Mario Galaxy is simply ridiculous. That's just for starters.

Edited by Pope Flick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, avernus, what is it with you and the ps3? i don't get it. the thread title is "i want a wii," and you and wildcat come in here posting the equivalent of, "the wii is for f@qs and little girls!" i mean, nowhere does atomic ask for advice on a ps3, yet you're in here, for the umpteenth time, defending why you like it and why it's the best system for everyone. WE GET IT! really, do you work for sony or something? are you atomic's money manager? i'd love to know.

it was supposed to be funny...but atomic got all riled up...

Whoa.

I didn't take your post personally. It just seems like a silly argument that the Wii is for gays or girls or kids when it's the best selling system in the world. It would seem to appeal to a broader market than the other systems.

And my point about the PS3 or Xbox360 not motivating people to upgrade while the Wii does is completely valid and rational, and proven by the numbers.

Also, my phone, laptop, desktop, work computer, and toaster oven can all surf the web. I'm not sure why I'd want to do it on my gaming console except as a novelty.

...I didn't say gays....

the wii is fun....it's just ashame the lineup is about 80% kiddie games...that was my point...they have an innovative technology and the majority of the games are like bee movie, happy feet and shrek the 3rd....

I know there is another mario, zelda and the madden is nice.....I wish the Madden for the PS3 didn't suck....but I am starting to hate the wii...

why?...because I want it but still know it would collect dust after 2-3 months..

I'd say this:

There must be a lot of 12 year olds and women out there with $250, because it's the top selling system in the world.

Is far less "riled up"

than this:

you didn't have to take what I said personal.....your previous post was asinine and I just wanted to point out that it isn't all about 3 million pixels or whatever....I use my PS3 for many more things than just playing games...you can even surf the web and download movies off websites...of course this isn't for everyone...the PS3 is made for home entertainment and is a multi-tasking machine...

you didn't take account for all the parents that buy wii's for their families?...just when I thought your 1st post was bad enough, you had to go ahead and top it...

When, in fact what atomic said wasn't asinine... :wacko:

There must be a lot of 12 year olds and women out there with $250, because it's the top selling system in the world.

women are 51% of the population. gheys are like 5%. children under 12 are probably, i dunno, maybe 15% (and a much larger percentage of those who play video games). adult heterosexual males are probably like 20% of the population, and they are divided between two different platforms (ps3 and 360). so....yeah.

women are 51% of the population. gheys are like 5%. children under 12 are probably, i dunno, maybe 15% (and a much larger percentage of those who play video games). adult heterosexual males are probably like 20% of the population, and they are divided between two different platforms (ps3 and 360). so....yeah.

The company that my wife works for is getting ready to launch games into their channel lineup and she just finished up this national survey to find out what their target audience is going to be as far as marketing. She was surprised to find out that the largest percentage was made up of adults ages 30-36.

The company that my wife works for is getting ready to launch games into their channel lineup and she just finished up this national survey to find out what their target audience is going to be as far as marketing. She was surprised to find out that the largest percentage was made up of adults ages 30-36.

i take it your wife doesn't work for nintendo :wacko:

yeah, i've read that, too. i think they're basically kids who grew up with atari and stuck with it the rest of their lives. it has been true for nearly a decade now that more adults play video games than kids.

I'm not gay and want a Wii. Still having no luck finding one around these parts. Us rednecks like to bowl, ya know!!

I believe Atomic was the 1st person to say Wii owners are gay or women....

and this all started because nobody can find a wii....hence the ballbusting that followed...

or vahginabusting...but who is counting?

I don't get it. Why is the Wii for gays? Do they have a gerbil in duct tape nunchuck or something?

Anyhoo, the mrs and I want one because she likes video games - but not the FPS or action games I tend to like on the PC. So, "we" think a Wii would be a great compromise. There's a few good looking games out there now, but I bet you start to see a bunch in the second half of '08.

I read that it costs extra.

If it costs $10, I'd pass. I don't see the point.

It was free when I downloaded it. Now it costs money. Meh. It was great for my son when he was 2 1/2. You navigate web pages using gross motor skills. That was pretty cool for him to be able to click on things himself. Now that he's three, he load's his own Primus videos. Seriously.

It costs $5 (5000 pts).

I don't get it. Why is the Wii for gays? Do they have a gerbil in duct tape nunchuck or something?

Anyhoo, the mrs and I want one because she likes video games - but not the FPS or action games I tend to like on the PC. So, "we" think a Wii would be a great compromise. There's a few good looking games out there now, but I bet you start to see a bunch in the second half of '08.

who said gays?...is there a sudden case of homphobia on these forums? :wacko::D

My bad, I think I got ankle-biters mixed up with pillow-biters.

In previous threads though, the wildcat guy has definitely referred to the system being "phaggy".

wow you wii guys are sensitive- I just made a comment to grab a PS3 instead b/c I just got one and love it, daaaaaaamn.

and yes, ankle and pillow-biters are quite different

this wildcat guy never went so far as a "phaggy" reference, just that the wii seems to be geared more for females and kids is all.

whatever - I hope you find one and enjoy :wacko:

My bad, I think I got ankle-biters mixed up with pillow-biters.

In previous threads though, the wildcat guy has definitely referred to the system being "phaggy".

it's all good...my 1st intention was to bust balls...and also to say since you and everyone else can't find a wii to consider a PS3 since the sixaxis controls are similar to the wii...

somewhere between that and the influence of Ryan LEAF...I got carried away...