[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want a Wii

AtomicCEO

The holiday rush is over. Why can't I find a Wii for list price on a shelf?

I just talked to the local CostCo and she gave me the scoop... apparently Nintendo has had problems getting the component parts from their suppliers to meet demand. They have changes in the works, and it ought to mean fully stocked shelves in... June.

:wacko:

Anyone got a Wii they want to sell me for list price? I refuse to be gouged.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to wiialert.com

wii alert

register its free- make sure you sign up for Mobile alert.

you will get a text message in a few days. when you do .go straight to PC. you will have an email with a link to amazon.com

you have less than 5 minutes. best to be preregistered with amazon.

cost to you is 250.00

free shipping

no tax

if you are led to do so. maximum order is 3.

sell other two on Craig's list for 350.00

I could probably hook you up Atomic. Let me know.

I'm guessing you don't need any help picking up a Wii since you haven't responded here or to my PM.

easy - just go grab a PS3

Wii is for chicks and ankle-biters

he might just want to play/use his wii for 2-3 months....

if you are looking to play/use your game system for 2-3 months, then the wii is for you....after that point it gets boring....science has proven this..

I guess I'm one of those. Not sure which one though. :wacko:

Irish...shoot me a note...I may take you up on your offer...lemme know what I need to do.

I'll let you you know. Checking on it now...

If you still play Madden by pushing the X button, you aren't playing Madden.

You want to aly out a stiff arm - push your arm out.

The Wii rocks and is the Next Gen of play control, whether you like it or not.

There's are apparently multiple schools of gaming.

I'm in the one that loves to play for the fun of it.

I don't plan to make a career out of it.

I don't need 3 million pixels or 20 buttons to have fun.

I loved my PS2, but a hardware upgrade wasn't enough to get me psyched about the next generation (especially not at $600). I could still probably play PS2 games out of the bargain bin for the rest of my life and be satisfied...

But the Wii with it's revolutionary gameplay made me actually say, "Damn. I should upgrade."

There's are apparently multiple schools of gaming.

I'm in the one that loves to play for the fun of it.

I don't plan to make a career out of it.

I don't need 3 million pixels or 20 buttons to have fun.

I loved my PS2, but a hardware upgrade wasn't enough to get me psyched about the next generation (especially not at $600). I could still probably play PS2 games out of the bargain bin for the rest of my life and be satisfied...

But the Wii with it's revolutionary gameplay made me actually say, "Damn. I should upgrade."

the PS3 uses sixaxis that is similar to the wii controls....when I play the bowling, it's like the wii bowling...

I don't care about the numbers, but the games I want to play are on the PS3....the wii simply has very few games unless you are 12 or younger...or a female...

I also wanted a Blu-ray player....so this killed 2 birds with one stone...

the PS3.....is fun...period....people try to break down gamers like we're in some sort of class....but the wii is mostly made up of kid games......and I will stress the word mostly because obviously no all games on the wii are completely for kids...

the PS3 is the 1st thing I think I've ever purchased and felt I got my monies worth...

There must be a lot of 12 year olds and women out there with $250, because it's the top selling system in the world.

you didn't have to take what I said personal.....your previous post was asinine and I just wanted to point out that it isn't all about 3 million pixels or whatever....I use my PS3 for many more things than just playing games...you can even surf the web and download movies off websites...of course this isn't for everyone...the PS3 is made for home entertainment and is a multi-tasking machine...

you didn't take account for all the parents that buy wii's for their families?...just when I thought your 1st post was bad enough, you had to go ahead and top it...

you didn't have to take what I said personal.....your previous post was asinine and I just wanted to point out that it isn't all about 3 million pixels or whatever....I use my PS3 for many more things than just playing games...you can even surf the web and download movies off websites...of course this isn't for everyone...the PS3 is made for home entertainment and is a multi-tasking machine...

you didn't take account for all the parents that buy wii's for their families?...just when I thought your 1st post was bad enough, you had to go ahead and top it...

Whoa.

I didn't take your post personally. It just seems like a silly argument that the Wii is for gays or girls or kids when it's the best selling system in the world. It would seem to appeal to a broader market than the other systems.

And my point about the PS3 or Xbox360 not motivating people to upgrade while the Wii does is completely valid and rational, and proven by the numbers.

Also, my phone, laptop, desktop, work computer, and toaster oven can all surf the web. I'm not sure why I'd want to do it on my gaming console except as a novelty.

I read that it costs extra.

If it costs $10, I'd pass. I don't see the point.

It was free when I downloaded it. Now it costs money. Meh. It was great for my son when he was 2 1/2. You navigate web pages using gross motor skills. That was pretty cool for him to be able to click on things himself. Now that he's three, he load's his own Primus videos. Seriously.

the PS3 uses sixaxis that is similar to the wii controls....when I play the bowling, it's like the wii bowling...

I don't care about the numbers, but the games I want to play are on the PS3....the wii simply has very few games unless you are 12 or younger...or a female...

I also wanted a Blu-ray player....so this killed 2 birds with one stone...

the PS3.....is fun...period....people try to break down gamers like we're in some sort of class....but the wii is mostly made up of kid games......and I will stress the word mostly because obviously no all games on the wii are completely for kids...

the PS3 is the 1st thing I think I've ever purchased and felt I got my monies worth...

honestly, avernus, what is it with you and the ps3? i don't get it. the thread title is "i want a wii," and you and wildcat come in here posting the equivalent of, "the wii is for f@qs and little girls!" i mean, nowhere does atomic ask for advice on a ps3, yet you're in here, for the umpteenth time, defending why you like it and why it's the best system for everyone. WE GET IT! really, do you work for sony or something? are you atomic's money manager? i'd love to know.