[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hillary finally shows in Wisconsin

Randall

Well, I could see Obama faltering (just out of inexperience) although I don't think that he will. Obama just needs to avoid any missteps and he is in. He is a very likeable and very electable guy.

I don't think Hillary could surprise anyone at this point. She is pretty transparent. While I don't like McCain much, I think he would crush Clinton if the two met in the GE. She is a hateful person.

The Republicans will continue the same "he's just a guy full of empty rhetoric" attack that Hillary is currently trying (and failing) to sell. And they will try to do to Obama what they did to Kerry - attack his presumed strengths. Just like the GOP rolled out the Swift Boat Vets to attack Kerry's military service, this time around they will attack Obama's strength as an aspiring figure.

Example: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8605.html

They will continue to try sell to the voter that Obama is a false prophet trying to suck you in with his words (platitudes for John McCain).

And as Obama tries to counter this attack (see last night's 45 minute speech in TX full of more policy specifics), all of a sudden his speeches are criticized for being too long and boring...

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Republicans will continue the same "he's just a guy full of empty rhetoric" attack that Hillary is currently trying (and failing) to sell. And they will try to do to Obama what they did to Kerry - attack his presumed strengths. Just like the GOP rolled out the Swift Boat Vets to attack Kerry's military service, this time around they will attack Obama's strength as an aspiring figure.

They will continue to try sell to the voter that Obama is a false prophet trying to suck you in with his words (platitudes for John McCain).

And as Obama tries to counter this attack (see last night's 45 minute speech in TX full of more policy specifics), all of a sudden his speeches are criticized for being too long and boring...

No doubt that's all true. But I think at the end of the day, McCain just does not have as much support as is neccessary to win in a head-to-head with Obama, without relying on what would be a very strong anti-Hillary vote. I just think that people would turn out in droves to vote against Hillary Clinton. Ironically she is the only hope that the Republicans have at this point IMHO.

Edit to add: of course its early, and that sentiment could change over the next 8 months

Edited by Savage Beatings

Obamas wife kind of stepped in it a little with her recent comment. Its more of a gaffe then something the republicans can truly sink there teeth into long term but "For the first time in my adult life I can say I am proud of my country" or something close to that is a little hairy

Edited by whomper

Obamas wife kind of stepped in it a little with her recent comment. Its more of a gaffe then something the republicans can truly sink there teeth into long term but "For the first time in my adult life I can say I am proud of my country" or something close to that.

The interesting thing is I heard audio on the radio today taken from that breitbart.tv website with Michelle's quote as follows:

"For the first time in my adult life I can say I am proud of my country"

the only problem is the real audio was:

"For the first time in my adult life I can say I am really proud of my country"

Listening to the audio a couple of times, (and I guess looking at the video, but I heard it on the radio) you could clearly see that someone edited the video to take out the word "really".

I haven't searched for the link of the altered video online yet, but talk about dishonest spin...

The interesting thing is I heard audio on the radio today taken from that breitbart.tv website with Michelle's quote as follows:

"For the first time in my adult life I can say I am proud of my country"

the only problem is the real audio was:

"For the first time in my adult life I can say I am really proud of my country"

Listening to the audio a couple of times, (and I guess looking at the video, but I heard it on the radio) you could clearly see that someone edited the video to take out the word "really".

I haven't searched for the link of the altered video online yet, but talk about dishonest spin...

Really or not its still a comment that you can jump on eventhough it sounds like an easily taken out of context statement.

Obamas wife kind of stepped in it a little with her recent comment. Its more of a gaffe then something the republicans can truly sink there teeth into long term but "For the first time in my adult life I can say I am proud of my country" or something close to that is a little hairy

Roll that out, and there's plenty in Cindy McCain's closet, much of it of the rather unsavory illegal prescription variety.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/10/18/drugs/

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccai...in_betrayal.htm

I'd say it's best to leave the spouses out of it, especially since Bill won't be one of them. That might be asking too much.

They've already started. Krauthammer and Will have both had articles out this week attacking Obama for being "messianic". Expect more of the same since they have no kind of record to run on.

Really or not its still a comment that you can jump on eventhough it sounds like an easily taken out of context statement.

Whomper....were you happy or REALLY HAPPY with the birth of your first born. Don't fall prey to below the belt politics. I won't be voting for Obama....but I certainly won't be voting for McCain either. Being really proud does not preclude one from being proud at all. It is a different level of proudness altogether.

They've already started. Krauthammer and Will have both had articles out this week attacking Obama for being "messianic". Expect more of the same since they have no kind of record to run on.

The McCain is too old comments have started as well. It's all the same crap, just being flung by a different monkey.

How did you get this from my comment?

Because Cap'n was talking about swifboating and Ursa mentioned that neocons are already attacking Obama for being an empty idealogue. You said the the "McCain being too old" talk is the same crap being instigated from a different monkey. How exactly am I suppose to translate what you were saying? :wacko:

The republicans are as much as a force at Hillary losing the primary as much as Obama is.

This statement really speaks to me. Thank you again, moneymakers. You are valued.

Krauthammer and Will have both had articles out this week attacking Obama for being "messianic".

That's the worst attack I've ever heard. I barely know what it means. "He's black" is much easier to understand and will play better in the sticks.

Whomper....were you happy or REALLY HAPPY with the birth of your first born. Don't fall prey to below the belt politics. I won't be voting for Obama....but I certainly won't be voting for McCain either. Being really proud does not preclude one from being proud at all. It is a different level of proudness altogether.

I just made a casual observation. I didnt slam her for saying it. I actually said she was most likely taken out of context because I truly would have a hard time believing that this is the first time a woman her age, who is married to a senator is proud to be american.