[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

darin3

Agree 100% on Paula. I can't stand listening to or watching that woman. This show would be much better without her.

Paula is as horrible as horrible gets....but with that said I think she was MUCH worse last yr...especially during auditions when she always seemed to be drunker then a skunk...now she just sounds :wacko: and annoying like usual

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the guy with the dreadlocks gets eliminated today

I don't. Aside from Cook, Castro probably has the most creative talent left on the show. Smithson? Sure, she can belt 'em out, but I haven't heard one ounce of originality from her.

I think Maluby is bye-bye. Weak song choice and she didn't even sing it to her potential.

Kristy Lee Cook's song choice was strange but it worked out for her. It'll keep her around for a week longer, maybe 2.

David Cook is by far the most talented in terms of voice AND creativity. I think it's a blend of these two factors that should determine the winner. Unfortunately, it's a goofy reality show and sometimes the "best" don't actually win (see: Chris Daughtry).

(added from David Cook thread)

If Kristi Lee Cook starts wearing sluttier clothes, I'd vote to keep her. I suspect she has quite the rack hidden under all that flounce.

Seriously though, I would love to see David Cook win it all, but I think no way a rocker wins this sort of popularity contest. Look at the milquetoast contestants that have won before, No one edgy at all.

Edited by cre8tiff

all of Saudi Arabia must be voting for Ramielle :wacko:

i do not believe she was born there amd i do not beleve they are watching the show since is 4 am in the mornning there when show airs in US...all saudi's fall asleep before two am as it is hard and tiring work to count their money each day

Finally now reading this thread as we had last night's AI on Tivo and got to it tonight. Surprised the midget Asian didn't go home but maybe she is, as someone noted here in this thread, she's getting the "Asian vote" like that one Hawaiian broad got a few seasons ago. In any case, it looks like the midget Asian and KLC (boobs or not) are probably the next to go. After them, I wouldn't be shocked to see Smithson (great singer but no originality) and Archuleta (too young and limited ceiling for now) go home. Then probably Castro (talented but limited fan base). So that leaves Brooke and David Cook and Syesha and Johns. Syesha would probably be next (just another "black soul-ish singer") then Johns (good, but not good enough). I think Brooke and David Cook deserve to be the top two.... but then again, I thought Chris Daughtry was far and away the best a few seasons ago.... and look what happened (he didn't win, but he's one of the most successful Idol alumni). BTW my wife is pisssssed that I not only picked Daughtry early on a few seasons ago... and I did the same with David Cook this season, and they appear to be on the same track. I'm hoping Cook places second and Brooke gets the AI record deal. I think that would suit them each best.

Daughtry is good no doubt, but Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are by far the most successful former Idols, and they both won it. So Im not sure losing suits anyone.

To me Cook is original, but that is not exactly what this competition is about. I think he is talented, but I wouldnt buy his stuff. Johns, imo has the best chance at making it big after this. Hell he could just do Queen remakes and be the top Idol of this class.

Kristi is the weakest link. Song choice saved her this week.

Ramielle just gets lost in the mix, nothing to remember about her.

Syesha doesn't have a strong backing even though she can sing and is the only black contestant left.

Smithson is too blah in personality. The tatoo, boyfriend, and accent that comes and goes won't save her.

Castro will overstay his welcome in regards to doing the same song each week. Okay, the lyrics are different, but his performance is not.

Johns has to run out of Queen songs eventually. One of the male "rockers" has to go.

Brooke is such a suck-up know-it-all and the voters will quit on her. She is sounding the same each week (like Castro).

Archuletta has an immense backing and should make the top 2 with no problems.

DCook is looking primed to win it if Archuletta's choreographed performances eat away at his image.

They both have to sing the same song (written by a fan). That song will decide the winner.

DCook won't be able to youtube an alternate version. He has to play it mostly straight up.

Since it'll be sappy and from the heart, Archuletta pulls that off much better. I think he wins it.

Finally now reading this thread as we had last night's AI on Tivo and got to it tonight. Surprised the midget Asian didn't go home but maybe she is, as someone noted here in this thread, she's getting the "Asian vote" like that one Hawaiian broad got a few seasons ago. In any case, it looks like the midget Asian and KLC (boobs or not) are probably the next to go. After them, I wouldn't be shocked to see Smithson (great singer but no originality) and Archuleta (too young and limited ceiling for now) go home. Then probably Castro (talented but limited fan base). So that leaves Brooke and David Cook and Syesha and Johns. Syesha would probably be next (just another "black soul-ish singer") then Johns (good, but not good enough). I think Brooke and David Cook deserve to be the top two.... but then again, I thought Chris Daughtry was far and away the best a few seasons ago.... and look what happened (he didn't win, but he's one of the most successful Idol alumni). BTW my wife is pisssssed that I not only picked Daughtry early on a few seasons ago... and I did the same with David Cook this season, and they appear to be on the same track. I'm hoping Cook places second and Brooke gets the AI record deal. I think that would suit them each best.

My prediction for who goes. in order:

Kristy

Ramiele

Syesha

Jason

Carly

Michael

Final 3

Brooke

Cook

Archuletta

David Cook has proven to be the best contestant, but, in the end, I think he will still lose out to Archuletta, who will still have the teenage girl vote, which is probably the largest demographic of voters for this show.

Daughtry is good no doubt, but Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are by far the most successful former Idols, and they both won it. So Im not sure losing suits anyone.

To me Cook is original, but that is not exactly what this competition is about. I think he is talented, but I wouldnt buy his stuff. Johns, imo has the best chance at making it big after this. Hell he could just do Queen remakes and be the top Idol of this class.

:wacko: You may be right in saying Underwood's outsold Daughtry but I believe Daughtry's album blew anything Clarkson's done out of the water. "Losing" (or better to say "coming in 2nd, 3rd, 4th...") shows that you have the talent to win it all, but someone was just a bit better. The "winner" is tied into a 1-year contract with Clive Davis, who has his own writers/arrangements/etc. Coming in 2nd, etc. pretty much assures you of a record deal, but you have far more flexibility in terms of what you want to do musically (like Daughtry had). Sure, you don't get the pomp and circumstance and ticker-tape shower coming in 2nd, but you're still going to be just as successful, IMO.

Edited by darin3

I put $30 on Michael Johns two weeks ago at 15/1 odds. Don't know if he'll win necessarily, but at those odds, I like his chances, as opposed to some of the others (Brooke), who were like 6/1.

That David Cook (I think that's his name) dude is more and more impressive every week, though, and I think the judges were dead-on this week in saying that he could end up winning it all.

As far as Archuletta, I think he is genuine, not acting, but it is still getting on my nerves a bit. I think he's just a bit shell-shocked at the fact that he's basically the favorite to win American Idol. He's always performed, as others have stated, but this is a slightly different stage (much bigger), and although I'm sure he knows he's good, I doubt he could have imagined that he would be this well-received by the judges and fans. I think, if he's truly got a shot at winning, though, he's got to take Simon's advice at some point, and stop singing all of the sappy "Let's make this world a better place" type of songs. Although, the last time he tried to change it up (a couple of weeks ago), he was horrible in comparison to when he's in his niche. Song choice is huge for him... he can look like the heavy favorite or a complete amateur, depending on the song, which is what I think makes this season unique.... there are about 5-6 people who could really win it. In the past couple of years, I think that even with 10-12 people left, most people had a pretty good idea of who the final 2-3 contestants were going to be. This year, not so much. I think Ramyele (sp?) and Kristie Lee Cook (unfortunately) will be the next two to go. After that, I could see any of the others in the final.

If I had to predict the order of the remaining contestants' departures, it would be this (I'm going to butcher some of these spellings):

KLC

Ramyele

Syesha

Brooke

Jason

Michael

David Cook

Carly

Archuletta

I think Archuletta might end up winning just because it's a fan-based voting system. If it were the judges' decision, I think they would end up recognizing that the three that I listed directly above him are more well-rounded and ready to produce a record. He may have the most potential, but he's still a little bit raw, which I think has been revealed when he has attempted to sign stuff outside of his element. He'll get better, though, no doubt.

OK, now that I've revealed that I'm ghey (NTTAWWT), I'm going to go back to looking at the lines on tonight's NCAA games and place some wagers. That's really the only reason I follow AI (because I can bet on the winner). No, really, I swear.... :wacko:

Edit: I forgot Jason with the dreads.

Edited by Gopher

Updated odds, in case you're interested. Nice to see Johns' odds improving :wacko: :

Brooke White 6 - 1

Carly Smithson 10 - 1

David Archuleta 1 - 1

David Cook 7 - 4

Jason Castro 30 - 1

Kristy Lee Cook 75 - 1

Michael Johns 7 - 1

Ramiele Malubay 40 - 1

Syesha Mercado 25 - 1

:wacko: You may be right in saying Underwood's outsold Daughtry but I believe Daughtry's album blew anything Clarkson's done out of the water. "Losing" (or better to say "coming in 2nd, 3rd, 4th...") shows that you have the talent to win it all, but someone was just a bit better. The "winner" is tied into a 1-year contract with Clive Davis, who has his own writers/arrangements/etc. Coming in 2nd, etc. pretty much assures you of a record deal, but you have far more flexibility in terms of what you want to do musically (like Daughtry had). Sure, you don't get the pomp and circumstance and ticker-tape shower coming in 2nd, but you're still going to be just as successful, IMO.

Kelly Clarksons debut Album crushed Carrie Underwood.

Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway (4,811,000),

Carrie Underwood's Some Hearts (2,184,000),

Daughtry is by far the most popular Idol not to win. And probably should have won on talent alone.

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/dec/13...minations24804/

Other interesting facts

On a detailed note, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only two Idols to win at all three of these major music awards shows. Carrie Underwood is the only Idol to sweep up honors at all these awards ceremonies in the same season (2006-2007) (2007-2008), and the only Idol to win Best New Artist at the Grammys. Kelly Clarkson is the only Idol who has received a Grammy Award for an album, as opposed to a vocal performance or new artist of the year. Jennifer Hudson is the first and only Idol to be nominated and to win an Academy Award. She won the Best Supporting Actress category in February 2007 for her performance as 'Effie' in the hit film Dreamgirls, based on the musical of the same name.

Winning doesnt guarantee success, but it certainly helps with the Hype machine.

And who thinks Daughtry shouldnt have won the season he got 4th. That was probably the biggest shock of any season, when he didnt at least make the final 2.

I can't understand the love for Castro. The guy is forgettable and IMO should have been off the show this week. Chikeeze has way more singing skills then Castro will ever have. I agree with most predictions of the Final 4 ...

Archuletta, Cook, White and Johns .... in that order.

Edited by theprofessor

Kelly Clarksons debut Album crushed Carrie Underwood.

:wacko: I never specified debut vs. overall (which I think was more than implied).

E2A: In fact, it only cements my claim of the "winners" having a bit of a disadvantage (handcuffed by the deal with Clive Davis). Had Underwood come in second, I think her debut album would have been even better.

Edited by darin3

i am far from a fan but Fantasia has done very well too...I do think that Cook win or lose will end up selling as many if not more records then this yrs winner and be very successful in the music industry overall...not just as compared to other idols participants

Edited by keggerz

ughhhh its Dolly Parton night tonight

Wonder what songs they will sing....I will step out on a limb and say I think someone will sing Crimson and Clover...i think it could be either David Cook or Carly that sing it but I wouldnt mind seeing what and how Cook would do it.

wow I didnt realize how many songs Dolly has recorded: http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/lyrics/DOLLY_PARTON.html

Edited by keggerz

ughhhh its Dolly Parton night tonight

Wonder what songs they will sing....I will step out on a limb and say I think someone will sing Crimson and Clover...i think it could be either David Cook or Carly that sing it but I wouldnt mind seeing what and how Cook would do it.

wow I didnt realize how many songs Dolly has recorded: http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/lyrics/DOLLY_PARTON.html

I will bet my last dollar that David Cook does the White Stripes' version of Jolene. Bank on it.

Edited by darin3

Here is my prediction for the songs they will sing. Note the time of this post is 6:35 PM EST

David Archuleta -- "Appalachian Memories" (aka Smoky Mountain Memories)

Syesha Mercado -- "I Will Always Love You"

Carly Smithson -- "Here You Come Again"

Kristy Lee Cook -- "Coat of Many Colors"

Ramiele Malubay -- "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind"

Michael Johns -- "It's All Wrong, But It's All Right"

Jason Castro -- "Travelin' Thru"

Brooke White -- "Jolene"

David Cook -- "Little Sparrow"

That's my guess.............. :wacko:

Here is my prediction for the songs they will sing. Note the time of this post is 6:35 PM EST

Brooke White -- "Jolene"

I could see Brooke doing Jolene too...

Brooke White -- "Jolene"

i can see kristi lee cook going with 9 to 5.

I will bet my last dollar that David Cook does the White Stripes' version of Jolene. Bank on it.

you very well could be correct...for some reason i also think Castro could pull off Jolene too

Edited by keggerz

Brooke White -- "Jolene"

:D

Brooke White -- "Jolene"

:D