[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

darin3

:brew:

Now we're down to twelve! This is a big week here in Austin, so I will all but ignore this thread until I watch the Tivo'ed episodes for this upcoming week.... but as a primer:

David Archuleta: I heard on the radio that he's like a 7/11 favorite right now (no, not the convenience store, but the Vegas odds... nuts). He's obviously the most talented singer, but that doesn't always translate into the best "pop star" and thus the next "American Idol". I think with the highly-varying themes sure to come on the big stage, some of his limitations (based on age/experience) will start to show, and that 7/11 odds will start flipping around.

Brooke White: Supremely talented, both as a singer and musician. Something tells me she's probably an accomplished songwriter to boot. I think she's a serious dark horse, and so does Vegas: the same radio show I heard that Archuleta was the favorite noted that Brooke's #2 right now. She was like 7/1 though. :D

David Cook: My personal favorite, mainly due to the genre of music he'd be in. The reason why he'll excel on the big stage: he's creative. Did you see what he did with a Lionel Richie song? I mean, come on... Lionel Richie? :D

Amanda Overmyer: I can't make up my mind... is she attractive? Sometimes she's hideous, then other times she looks doable in a trailer trash sort of way. As for her singing... she's a one-trick pony, and she'll probably be one of the first to go....

Chikezie: Dude, get a last name. Maybe it's an African thing? I don't know. But still, come on. I think he's improved, but his ceiling is rather limited. I think he'll be the first dude to leave. Or maybe the gay stripper.

David Hernandez: Speaking of which, I think this guy has some pipes :D but the off-stage stuff will get to him, and he'll be going home in the first few weeks.

Kristy Lee Cook: The first :D of this season.. I nearly fell off the couch when I first saw her. Total hottie, and if she rolls with the country vibe, she might make it into the top 6 or 7.

Ramiele Malubay: She's got the voice, but she's too much of a drama queen and has the personality of a wet rock. I don't think she makes it very far.

Syesha Mercado: Meh. Maybe I'm just not into the whole R&B thing, but she sounds like every other R&B artist to me. If she can somehow twist the styles she doesn't necessarily fit into, maybe she lasts a few weeks.

Michael Johns: I think this guy will start to shine on the big stage. He and Cook are natural front-men and he will work the stage well. And since he's kind of a bluesy rocker guy, his style will translate well no matter what the producers throw at them in terms of themes.

Jason Castro: I really, really dig this cat. Sort of a Jack Johnson type of vibe. I think he'll last into the top 5 or 6, unless he's snagged by a tough theme that he can't twist into his style. I would actually buy an album of his if it is, in fact, how I'd expect it to be.

Carly Smithson: Whoops, I take what I said about Brooke back. It was Smithson that was the #2 favorite at 7 to 1. Either way, both Carly and Brooke are real talented... Carly's got the voice, but for some reason I think she has a limited ceiling.

OK, yes... I'm starting to miss fantasy football. :wacko:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darin, you've hit an all time low. It's one thing to watch the show a bit, heck watch it religiously for all we care but a full page Huddle type review and analysis? You're not the man I used to know. :wacko: I'm not sure I can read your articles next year. (if I pony up the $20 that is :D)

Darin, you've hit an all time low. It's one thing to watch the show a bit, heck watch it religiously for all we care but a full page Huddle type review and analysis? You're not the man I used to know. :wacko: I'm not sure I can read your articles next year. (if I pony up the $20 that is :D)

You can read? :D

:wacko:

Now we're down to twelve! This is a big week here in Austin, so I will all but ignore this thread until I watch the Tivo'ed episodes for this upcoming week.... but as a primer:

David Archuleta: I heard on the radio that he's like a 7/11 favorite right now (no, not the convenience store, but the Vegas odds... nuts). He's obviously the most talented singer, but that doesn't always translate into the best "pop star" and thus the next "American Idol". I think with the highly-varying themes sure to come on the big stage, some of his limitations (based on age/experience) will start to show, and that 7/11 odds will start flipping around.

David Cook: My personal favorite, mainly due to the genre of music he'd be in. The reason why he'll excel on the big stage: he's creative. Did you see what he did with a Lionel Richie song? I mean, come on... Lionel Richie? :D

Syesha Mercado: Meh. Maybe I'm just not into the whole R&B thing, but she sounds like every other R&B artist to me. If she can somehow twist the styles she doesn't necessarily fit into, maybe she lasts a few weeks.

Michael Johns: I think this guy will start to shine on the big stage. He and Cook are natural front-men and he will work the stage well. And since he's kind of a bluesy rocker guy, his style will translate well no matter what the producers throw at them in terms of themes.

Jason Castro: I really, really dig this cat. Sort of a Jack Johnson type of vibe. I think he'll last into the top 5 or 6, unless he's snagged by a tough theme that he can't twist into his style. I would actually buy an album of his if it is, in fact, how I'd expect it to be.

Carly Smithson: Whoops, I take what I said about Brooke back. It was Smithson that was the #2 favorite at 7 to 1. Either way, both Carly and Brooke are real talented... Carly's got the voice, but for some reason I think she has a limited ceiling.

this is my final 6...i think it comes down to Carly and Arch but I like David Cook as a dark horse and brooke is my dark horse that could squeak into the top 6

that hello rendition that cook did was really fantastic

What makes me think Arch will win is that little girls love him & mom's think he's cute. That is a powerful combo.

My final 4 guess is: Arch, Smithson, Cook, & Johns. My dark horse is Amanda.

If Smithson and Johns make it to the final 2, do they still call it American Idol?

Its american idol not born in america idol or native american idol

If it was then i could see simon saying

" If I am being totally honest sleeping goat that was absolutely dreadful "

" It was cabaret and in addition you have too much make up on "

Sleeping goat replies " its not make up , its my natural red complexion "

:wacko:

Is it just me or is the whole shy, goofy kid thing(Archuletta getting on your nerves too? :wacko: The kid is supremely talented to be sure, but to be a star i think he needs to "grow up" a little.

dude's 17...he's about where he should be for such a big stage

Is it just me or is the whole shy, goofy kid thing(Archuletta getting on your nerves too? :wacko: The kid is supremely talented to be sure, but to be a star i think he needs to "grow up" a little.

Its working for him ..i do believe he is shy and surprised by alot of his success ...and at 17 not sure how mature he should be anyway

when i was 17 i was chasing girls while acting like a jack ass most of the time ( no comments please :D )

Its working for him ..i do believe he is shy and surprised by alot of his success ...and at 17 not sure how mature he should be anyway

when i was 17 i was chasing girls while acting like a jack ass most of the time ( no comments please :wacko: )

So were the rest of us. Some things never change. :D

Edited by rajncajn

This kid has been performing for several years now. He didn't just come off the farm or out of the burbs and is tasting success for the first time. He's a fairly seasoned performer and as someone stated earlier in the thread he does know what he is doing and this shy, boy next door image is possibly constructed as this is a competition this is voted on by the American public which eats that crap up.