[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hooray, we can still torture people in the name of anti-terrorism

rajncajn

We lose each other when you see no acceptable circumstance where this should be an option and I do.

Thats not true. I just named a circumstance when it would be applicable. I just don't think it should be legally allowed as a rule.

Murder is illegal... yet you can kill someone who breaks into your house and threatens you family. See the difference?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even get them to define torture. Marky Mark = Waterboarding = red ink fake menstrual blood = sandpaper and Scope

The thread is about waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture. Torture is bad.

Fake menstrual blood, dog collars, and forced nudity are just bad taste. When people do it for fun and take pictures of it, I'm against that too. It's embarrassing.

I can't even get them to define torture. Marky Mark = Waterboarding = red ink fake menstrual blood = sandpaper and Scope

It is apparently about intent. You can't be mean to someone even if they wish to vaporize 1 million people otherwise you are the same as them.

And I can't get you to answer one simple question. I guess we'll call it a push.

And I can't get you to answer one simple question. I guess we'll call it a push.

What was the question? The one about them torturing our troops being evil?

I do not believe torture is evil. I believe some types of torture MIGHT BE evil but not all types.

What was the question? The one about them torturing our troops being evil?

I do not believe torture is evil. I believe some types of torture MIGHT BE evil but not all types.

I would like things to be black and white, but I know they're not. However, here you and I disagree. I feel that torture is evil and if there is any humanity in the individual, he loses part of it when he initiates torture.

I would like things to be black and white, but I know they're not. However, here you and I disagree. I feel that torture is evil and if there is any humanity in the individual, he loses part of it when he initiates torture.

Just for clarification, if Hillary captures Osama Bin Laden and plays Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch to him we have become the same as those who fly jet liners into buildings. Is this true?

Just for clarification, if Hillary captures Osama Bin Laden and plays Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch to him we have become the same as those who fly jet liners into buildings. Is this true?

I thought this thread was about waterboarding, which we prosecuted Jpanese officers for doing it to our soldiers during WW2.

I thought this thread was about waterboarding, which we prosecuted Jpanese officers for doing it to our soldiers during WW2.

The title says torture, not waterboarding. Now run along before I chase you with red ink and cause you lifelong trauma.

Your hyperbolic example does not really add to the discussion, but I'll answer anyway. Simple answer = no. While I don't enjoy Marky Mark, I don't think I'd consider that torture either.

Your hyperbolic example does not really add to the discussion, but I'll answer anyway. Simple answer = no. While I don't enjoy Marky Mark, I don't think I'd consider that torture either.

You are apparently unaware that Mary Mark, Christina Genie, and various other types of music were played for terrorists at Gitmo. People were up in arms over the tragedy several years back. Surely you remember the red ink episode Andre Giroude prison?

You are apparently unaware that Mary Mark, Christina Genie, and various other types of music were played for terrorists at Gitmo. People were up in arms over the tragedy several years back. Surely you remember the red ink episode Andre Giroude prison?

But you see, just because many people are up in arms about certain things, does not mean I have to agree.

Thats not true. I just named a circumstance when it would be applicable. I just don't think it should be legally allowed as a rule.

Murder is illegal... yet you can kill someone who breaks into your house and threatens you family. See the difference?

So what bothers you more the fact that Bush will publicly veto this or the act itself if only used in specific situations ?

"She started to unbutton her pants and reached and put her hands in her pants and then started to circle around the detainee. And when she had her hands in her pants, apparently she used something to put what appeared to be menstrual blood on her hand, but in fact was ink," says Saar.

"She started to unbutton her pants and reached and put her hands in her pants and then started to circle around the detainee. And when she had her hands in her pants, apparently she used something to put what appeared to be menstrual blood on her hand, but in fact was ink," says Saar.

:divingboard:

Well, up to the part about the ink.

:wacko:

So what bothers you more the fact that Bush will publicly veto this or the act itself if only used in specific situations ?

Publicly saying "Torture is ok!" is just retarded.

I'm not a fan of using waterboarding either, but if there was a bomb about to go off, I could see it being used without much outrage. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be against the rules and punishable if abused.

I realize it's 60 minutes and all, but don't they say these techniques are not successful. What's the point of using them, torture or not, if they're not successful?

What's the point of using them, torture or not, if they're not successful?

If the Iraq War taught me anything... it's that doing something, no matter how stupid or ineffective, is better than doing nothing at all.

Man , the difference in some of the opinions seems to be growing farther apart then closer together

I will sum this up personally :

Agreeing and siding with opinions of atomic and untateve

Understand polk's position a bit more but still not anywhere near agreement

Amazingly enough I am not agreeing much with whomp in this thread :wacko:

Waterman annoyed me a lot

And I waffled a bit but am against torture which is evil in nature

Carry on

QUOTE(isleseeya @ 3/11/08 1:09am) *

Man , the difference in some of the opinions seems to be growing farther apart then closer together

I will sum this up personally :

Agreeing and siding with opinions of atomic and untateve

Understand polk's position a bit more but still not anywhere near agreement

Amazingly enough I am not agreeing much with whomp in this thread laughing.gif

Waterman annoyed me a lot

And I waffled a bit but am against torture which is evil in nature

Carry on

For further clarification I think on the whole torture is a good thing. This world has bad people in it and sometimes you have to get their attention and scare them. To stand up to them with the strength of a fresh twinkie cake does not benefit any of us.

Understand polk ...but an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

I don't believe because the world has evil in it , it allows us ot excuses us to be evil as well

Personally as a christian that not how it works for me

I will say its a much harder topic than I initially realized

I will also say I do not like and never liked twinkies