[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am looking for prayers...

Duchess Jack

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for your prayers...

we got to Nashville on Wednesday morning... the doctor didn't have too much hope. Josh has taken some steps forward though - not big ones - but every bit of hope is something. He could still go in any direction but he's got a lot of people pulling for him. When I got there, the swelling in his head was the most immidiate concern, but that has gotten better.

Bugger broke nearly all of hs ribs, had a compound dislocation of his hip, 2 collapsed lungs and whole bunch more.

This is the most recent news article with a link to a myspace page one of my sisters friends set up for him.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs..../803140362/1002

PLease keep on praynig.

As an aside... we met spain last night. He couldn't be a nicer guy. He picked us up, took us out for dinner and drinks and made us laugh. We really needed it. Great great guy. Thanks spain. We are really looking to meet up with him again under better conditions.

once again... thank you all for the love and prayers sent his way.

I will keep you guys up to date.

Thank you everyone for your prayers...

we got to Nashville on Wednesday morning... the doctor didn't have too much hope. Josh has taken some steps forward though - not big ones - but every bit of hope is something. He could still go in any direction but he's got a lot of people pulling for him. When I got there, the swelling in his head was the most immidiate concern, but that has gotten better.

Bugger broke nearly all of hs ribs, had a compound dislocation of his hip, 2 collapsed lungs and whole bunch more.

This is the most recent news article with a link to a myspace page one of my sisters friends set up for him.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs..../803140362/1002

PLease keep on praynig.

As an aside... we met spain last night. He couldn't be a nicer guy. He picked us up, took us out for dinner and drinks and made us laugh. We really needed it. Great great guy. Thanks spain. We are really looking to meet up with him again under better conditions.

once again... thank you all for the love and prayers sent his way.

I will keep you guys up to date.

Prayers still coming DJ.

Hello everyone...

Latest update.

There was another procedure on Josh's leg. They are hoping it will stick but the skin is in bad shape around his knee and they might need to go higher.

Because his stomach is still recovering from the surgery, they are holding off on the feeding tube. Josh should be getting a tracheotomy today.

The doctor's took out his breathing tubes because his lungs have filled up again. He has pneumonia though - which is not uncommon for someone with his type of lung damage. I was unable to determine how serious this was from Laura though and did not want to ask directly.

The worst news might be that his brain pressure spiked at 50 last night. It has come down again, but we were hoping that the pressure was more or less taken care of.

They cannot run an MRI until the wire that is in his head is removed. They cannot take the wire out until the brain pressure stabilizes.

The cat scan did not show too crazy of damage to the brain - but the doctors do not feel that his condition is representative of the cat scan. The believe that they will see more with an MRI. His brain function is currently very low. He is moving his hands a little and he's taking breaths - so this is a good as they are both brain stem functions.

Everything is still touch and go, though.

My mom is going to stay there another week. Everybody is still being great to Laura and she is holding up as best as can be expect - better than can be expected. She is meeting with a social worker today to see about getting Josh on SSI.

The guy who hit him has yet to contact my sister - but I imagine that he is going to a different kind of anguish.

If anybody is willing to help - I wil be setting up a pay pal account for my sister in the next couple days as her (and her new husband's) time living in the hospital is adding up. She didn't work - but her new husband does and he's been by her side every hour of every day and I don't see that chaning any time soon. Whatever the case, please keep on praying.

Man, I was just reading this update and I feel awful. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family DJ. :wacko:

If anybody is willing to help - I wil be setting up a pay pal account for my sister in the next couple days as her (and her new husband's) time living in the hospital is adding up. She didn't work - but her new husband does and he's been by her side every hour of every day and I don't see that chaning any time soon. Whatever the case, please keep on praying.

We will.

I am so sorry to hear about all the things going on with Josh. I hope that he starts doing better and can start showing some big improvements soon. You have a lot of friends here and we will remember you guys (especially Josh) in our prayers.

Keep the updates coming as you know more.