[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones to be released

SF409ers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chappy
... and the Lions re-signed Tatum Bell. :wacko: I don't even know what to say anymore. Does this mean the Lions are taking a RB in the draft?

Yeah I'd have to think that one of McFadden, Mendenhall or Stewart could go to the Lions with their 1st pick. Yeah I know McFadden shouldn't be there but with his character issues, who knows?

Yeah I'd have to think that one of McFadden, Mendenhall or Stewart could go to the Lions with their 1st pick. Yeah I know McFadden shouldn't be there but with his character issues, who knows?

If their plan is to draft a RB in the first, they've already played their hand by cutting KJ and it could be difficult at 15.

They could take Otah in the first and follow it up with a solid RB in the next round.

Taking Stewart could pay off, but considering the Lions' luck, they'll be swapping one injury prone RB for another. :wacko:

Edited by budlitebrad

If their plan is to draft a RB in the first, they've already played their hand by cutting KJ and it could be difficult at 15.

They could take Otah in the first and follow it up with a solid RB in the next round.

Taking Stewart could pay off, but considering the Lions' luck, they'll be swapping one injury prone RB for another. :D

Maybe Millen is thinking that everyone will think he's tipping his hand. :wacko:

Guest Chappy

Taking Stewart could pay off, but considering the Lions' luck, they'll be swapping one injury prone RB for another. :wacko:

This is exactly what I was thinking before you edited your previous post. Maybe the Lions figure, hell if one of the Big 3 fall to us we'll take him. If not, we take an offensive lineman and can still grab a pretty solid RB in the 2nd round like Rice or Mike Hart who could pound the ball on the inside while T. Bell is used as a CoP and maybe even 3rd down back.

However, you're right they could very well have put themselves in the position of grabbing another injury-prone player to replace the one they just showed the door to.

fixed

Thank you and I did mean a low pick. :D

I hope the Rogers you are referring to is not a WR. :D

:brew: Nope. Shawn Rogers. he has his problems but he was the only thing we had on our defense that resembled a pro bowl player.

This will be 2 years in a row where we got rid of our best defensive player (last year it was Bly). we do nothing but go backwards every year. :wacko:

This is exactly what I was thinking before you edited your previous post. Maybe the Lions figure, hell if one of the Big 3 fall to us we'll take him. If not, we take an offensive lineman and can still grab a pretty solid RB in the 2nd round like Rice or Mike Hart who could pound the ball on the inside while T. Bell is used as a CoP and maybe even 3rd down back.

However, you're right they could very well have put themselves in the position of grabbing another injury-prone player to replace the one they just showed the door to.

If we take a RB with our 1st pick I personally will be highly dissappointed. we need to cure our defense than worry about offense.

That being said my Lions always make the wrong move so I would say a RB is in our near future.

Guest Chappy
If we take a RB with our 1st pick I personally will be highly dissappointed. we need to cure our defense than worry about offense.

That being said my Lions always make the wrong move so I would say a RB is in our near future.

No question your Lions need defensive help and would probably be better off going in that direction. And you're also right that the Lions have a tendency of making bad decisions. Now I'm not saying taking one of those RBs won't help, or that they won't be successful but drafting an O-lineman or defensive help and then getting a RB in the 2nd round would probably be the best way to go. Time will tell. I love the NFL draft and get really pumped because we get to see how things shake out plus it's like the unofficial beginning of the fantasy season for me.

Guest Chappy
Not even sure what to say, never seen this coming or understand it. Kevin was a pretty good rb in my book, especially dealing with Martz pass happy offense.

I'll know Detroit is serious about winning when they can Millen.

I liked KJ personally. But this move will put every dude on that roster on heightened alert.

I hate to say it but Detroit does this every year....make some noise in the offseason; there's always some sexy new draft pick, FA trade or coaching hire to get fans clinging to hope but it never materializes because that locker room is SO beat-down and accustomed to humiliation. It's a chronic losing culture.

So this is just another phase of the same, played-out cycle fans have had to endure. KJ will sign with someone like the Bucs because I hear they need another running back, Detroit will flounder with Tatum Bell (and whoever they draft) and ford Motor Company will continue to hemorrhage cash.

I'll know Detroit is serious about winning when they can Millen.

I liked KJ personally. But this move will put every dude on that roster on heightened alert.

I hate to say it but Detroit does this every year....make some noise in the offseason; there's always some sexy new draft pick, FA trade or coaching hire to get fans clinging to hope but it never materializes because that locker room is SO beat-down and accustomed to humiliation. It's a chronic losing culture.

So this is just another phase of the same, played-out cycle fans have had to endure. KJ will sign with someone like the Bucs because I hear they need another running back, Detroit will flounder with Tatum Bell (and whoever they draft) and ford Motor Company will continue to hemorrhage cash.

Sounds about right.

Guest Chappy
Niners might make a little sense. Hicks is out, Martz is in, and Gore is human. Doesn't make my pants tight as a SF fan, but I could see it happening.

How about the Bucs?

Niners might make a little sense. Hicks is out, Martz is in, and Gore is human. Doesn't make my pants tight as a SF fan, but I could see it happening.

9ers already signed D. Foster...they wont pay any more money for another RB...especially for a RB that fits in a RBBC situation. They will utilize Gore like they did 2 years ago with Norv. I predict that Gore will have 50+ reception in 2008!

How about the Bucs?

There are rumblings that Caddy's career could be toast which would leave them wtih what Graham/Bennett and Darby

depending on how the bears feel about Benson/AP I guess maybe he could find a home in Chi too :wacko:

I hate you. :wacko:

Guest Chappy
There are rumblings that Caddy's career could be toast which would leave them wtih what Graham/Bennett and Darby

depending on how the bears feel about Benson/AP I guess maybe he could find a home in Chi too :wacko:

I too believe that Chi-town could be a possible landing place for Jones. How about Carolina or maybe even Dallas although that's bit far-fetched.

I hate you. :D

:D I know it's a bit in the reverse but- What's gone down, must eventually come back up, right?

KJ will sign with someone like the Bucs because I hear they need another running back,

I think you need to get your hearing checked :wacko: ...they have Wms, Graham and now Dunn is back...

I think DET has a good chance of landing one of the top 3 RBs, and should seriously consider it if so, although I understand the other concerns.

Edited by BeeR

Not even sure what to say, never seen this coming or understand it. Kevin was a pretty good rb in my book,
And as realiable as the weather. I'm surprised by this but don't blame them for wanting to go another direction. I never did think Jones would be reliable.

Guest Chappy
Not in my 39 something years being a Lions fan. :wacko:

I will have to talk to you later...think I will go commit suicide. been nice talking to you.

:D

:D Ah, you made it this far being a Lions fan so hang around a bit longer. Besides, you seem like a cool guy that makes a quality addition to this fantasy community. :brew:

Not in my 39 something years being a Lions fan. :D

I will have to talk to you later...think I will go commit suicide. been nice talking to you.

:D

no offense, but is there any other kind of Lion's fan? I mean, it's not like you guys are recruiting the youngsters with your spectacular play and personnel moves in the past 38 years... :wacko:

I'm sorry for that. That was way outta line :brew:

No question your Lions need defensive help and would probably be better off going in that direction. And you're also right that the Lions have a tendency of making bad decisions. Now I'm not saying taking one of those RBs won't help, or that they won't be successful but drafting an O-lineman or defensive help and then getting a RB in the 2nd round would probably be the best way to go. Time will tell. I love the NFL draft and get really pumped because we get to see how things shake out plus it's like the unofficial beginning of the fantasy season for me.

Since you are a Cowboys fan, who do you think they will take in the draft and would Kevin Jones be a good replacement for Julius Jones?

I would love to see the Panthers make a run at KJ once he hits the FA market. We need another good RB to partner with DeAngelo Williams and by signing KJ we can address the OT with our first pick.