[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

Green Bay's position is outrageous and you are a dope. I think I hear footballguys crying out for some lame RB rankings and a know a vilage somewhere weeps.

I assume that this response means you can't find any facts to support your argument and instead want to keep running your mouth despite being warned that you have no idea as to what you are talking about?

Well, there are all different kinds of stupid. Yours is apparently the unstoppable kind.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you guys... can Favre veto a trade?

So for instance, if Green Bay and say the Jets agree to a trade, and Favre doesn't want to go there, is there anything outside of just not showing up that Favre can do to officially veto that trade?

I assume that this response means you can't find any facts to support your argument and instead want to keep running your mouth despite being warned that you have no idea as to what you are talking about?

Well, there are all different kinds of stupid. Yours is apparently the unstoppable kind.

Despite being warned? By who, you? The facts are Favre is under contract with GB, and they've asked him not to report. So now they have to cut him or trade him and Favre can veto any trade by not reporting. If GB doesn't want him that's fine, but why stop the guy from playing somewhere he has a chance to play for a championship again. I don't take warnings from from some lame who spends all of his time on FF message board. I've watched you peddle your acumen for years and you're the same blow hard, know-it-all. Lot's of posts, very little content.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

So for instance, if Green Bay and say the Jets agree to a trade, and Favre doesn't want to go there, is there anything outside of just not showing up that Favre can do to officially veto that trade?

He does not have a "no trade clause", but he may likely not show up. Another factor is that another team may want to rework the contract and he can refuse to discuss that.

would you want Favre or Boller, Croyle, Clemens, Grossman, Edwards, A.Smith, Russell, Jackson, Garcia, Campbell, Leinart, Kitna, Schaub, Ryan, Kitna, Young, Rivers, and last but not least Aaron Rodgers.

I'd take Jeff George at this point if it meant the media coverage would go away.

I believe that he has no-trade verbage in his contract that would allow him to do so.

Of course he can. :wacko: He can veto any trade by not reporting to the team he's traded to :D

He got his team to the NFC championship. To improve the respective teams record this year this year would you want Favre or Boller, Croyle, Clemens, Grossman, Edwards, A.Smith, Russell, Jackson, Garcia, Campbell, Leinart, Kitna, Schaub, Ryan, Kitna, Young, Rivers, and last but not least Aaron Rodgers.

In 2005 he ranked 31st throwing an impressive 29 INT's, in 2006 he ranked 25th, thowing 18 TD's and 18 INT's. True, he had a decent year last year, but come on, it's gotta be pretty clear that this guy is on the bottom end of a downward decline, and there are several QB's on your list that I'd take over Favre, especially the backups you listed. :wacko:

My question is who went to the press with this? It sure as hell wasn't GB,

Don't be so sure. There's no reason to believe that ALL of Packers' management is in complete agreement on this. In fact, it sounds like Murphy and Thompson might even have some tension between them.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that an anonymous source within the Packers organization revealed details about the $20 million.

Of course he can. :wacko: He can veto any trade by not reporting to the team he's traded to :D

This is why I've asked you to stop posting about this for your own sake.

Check out the DEN/TB Jake Plummer trade from last year. Did Plummer's failure to report veto the trade? The answer, since I'm guessing that you probably don't know it, is that no it did not negate the trade - unless TB decided that it was not completed (not Plummer). TB decided to accept the trade despite Plummer retiring so that they could sue him and seek compensation for him for breach of contract.

Okay, now it's time for you to completely ignore these facts, fail to admit that once again you don't have a clue, and hurl some more insults fit for a 2nd grader.

Don't be so sure. There's no reason to believe that ALL of Packers' management is in complete agreement on this. In fact, it sounds like Murphy and Thompson might even have some tension between them.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that an anonymous source within the Packers organization revealed details about the $20 million.

That's always possible, though it would seem to me in that case to be cutting off one's nose to spite their face, so to speak. Murphy could easily be undermined internally with this kind of stuff without waving the soiled panties all over the plave for the press to pounce on.

You clearly have Bronco Billy confused with me. :wacko:

He's addressing his insults to me. I'd appreciate it if you'd kindly stay out of the way and attempt to engage your own BEM insults if you choose to do so. It's not difficult. Just point out that he's speaking out his arse - it's fairly easy to find multiple references from him. Terms like dum dum and blow-hard will start flowing.

TIA for your cooperation.

This is why I've asked you to stop posting about this for your own sake.

Check out the DEN/TB Jake Plummer trade from last year. Did Plummer's failure to report veto the trade? The answer, since I'm guessing that you probably don't know it, is that no it did not negate the trade - unless TB decided that it was not completed (not Plummer). TB decided to accept the trade despite Plummer retiring so that they could sue him and seek compensation for him for breach of contract.

Okay, now it's time for you to completely ignore these facts, fail to admit that once again you don't have a clue, and hurl some more insults fit for a 2nd grader.

Those facts are great but you are missing one part of the Plummer angle. Let me explain things beyond what you were able to scramble and put together, so pay attention :D A team could trade for Favre'd rights based on a lower round pick with a higher round pick going to GB if Favre reports. If Favre decides not to report, then the team could try to recover any signing bonus taht might still apply to the the last two seasons of Favre's contract. The problem is the Packer's didn't file a grievance to recover the money within 45 days after Favre initially retired which would prohibit that move. :wacko: you are still a dope and now even a dum dum. Learn some stuff before you shoot off your mouth :D

Bronco Billy,

I keep thinking of an old saying: "Don't ever argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with their experience."

Bronco Billy,

I keep thinking of an old saying: "Don't ever argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with their experience."

I know. I just can't help myself. Probably some idiot genes in the woodpile somewhere...

Edited by Bronco Billy

Maybe if you knew what you were talking you'd realize how big of an idiot you and BB are.

i've never know you to be a blowhard so what's the underlying issue here. Problems at home? Work? What's up man? If you truly feel that BB is full of schit then just put him on ignore and be done with it. I tend to disagree and think he brings a lot to the site, but that's my opinion.

Edited by Hat Trick