[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy has a right to work if he wants to. This is America, how can anyone even question Favre's decision to seek employment. There is nothing more to be said. :wacko:

Actually, there is something more to be said. Unless I've misread my Constitution and Bill of Rights, there is no right to be employed as a QB in the NFL. There are also some issues regarding the CBA and contracts signed by both Green Bay and Favre.

Perhaps I'm wrong and you can point me in the proper direction.

The guy has a right to work if he wants to. This is America, how can anyone even question Favre's decision to seek employment. There is nothing more to be said. :wacko:

Who said he doesn't have a right to work? He has as many rights as the rest of us do to seek employment. He also excercised his rights when he decided to quit. Now he wants to un-quit and is whining that the team actually took him seriously when he quit. As an employer, I wouldn't want to have to rely upon someone who continually threatens to quit, then actually quits, and then tries to change his mind.

Actually, there is something more to be said. Unless I've misread my Constitution and Bill of Rights, there is no right to be employed as a QB in the NFL. There are also some issues regarding the CBA and contracts signed by both Green Bay and Favre.

There is a right to be an NFL quarterback if you are under one of them thar' new fangled contracts thinggies which you mentioned. :wacko:

I've given everything I possibly can give to this organization, to the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give, and that's it. I know I can play, but I don't think I want to. And that's really what it comes down to.
Edited by Savage Beatings

If you've been wondering who has been hiding under the bag in my avatar for all these years, I guess it's time to take the bag off.

I think that qualifies as the best use of an avatar in the history of the huddle :wacko:

Actually, a lot more can be said.

he signed a contract to work for a specific employer for a specific amount of time. he re-negged on his committment by retiring before the contract expired.

To say that he has a right to come back and work, after the team acted in good faith by honoring his retirement and planning to move forward without him, is ludicrous. He can come back, but only under Green bay's terms....period.

perhaps he and his agent should have considered the possibility of Favre wanting to retire before committing to a contract length that could perhaps go beyond his willingness to play? Who's fault is that?

The hot rumor on the blogs right now - completely unconfirmed - is a TB 2nd rounder & Simms for Favre.

Doesn't quite smell right, but there it is...

Well I do think Gruden has a jones for Brett Favre. The Jets did say they got out because they thought it would take a 2nd round pick. :wacko: Thwe Simms part is probably a throwaway.

Did that report come from here?

Now this is funny-

*BREAKING NEWS* 11:00 a.m.

I am hearing alot of chatter right now that a deal is done to send Favre to Tampa Bay for a second rounder and possibly Chris Simms. We reported this earlier in the week. Right now, this report is completely UNCONFIRMED.

What I heard:

Someone saw Bruce Allen eating dinner with Brett Favre at Flemings.

Then:

An employee at Flemings confirmed they were both there.

Then:

Someone that works at the Bucs facility also called in, and said Favre toured the facility last night.

Then:

Someone called and said it’s a done deal. A 2nd rounder & Chris Simms for Favre.

Like I said, UNCONFIRMED.

Edited by Randall

Well I do think Gruden has a jones for Brett Favre. The Jets did say they got out because they thought it would take a 2nd round pick. :wacko: Thwe Simms part is probably a throwaway.

Now this is funny-

I am hearing alot of chatter right now that a deal is done to send Favre to Tampa Bay for a second rounder and possibly Chris Simms. We reported this earlier in the week. Right now, this report is completely UNCONFIRMED.

What I heard:

Then:

Then:

Someone that works at the Bucs facility also called in, and said Favre toured the facility last night.

Then:

Someone called and said it’s a done deal. A 2nd rounder & Chris Simms for Favre.

Looks legit to me... :D

Now this is funny-

What I heard:

Then:

Then:

Then:

Fleming's is a decent steakhouse.

:wacko:

Tampa, Florida - With internet rumors of Brett Favre to the Bucs running rampant, one Packers blog went so far to say that Favre dined with Bucs GM Bruce Allen last night at Fleming's Steakhouse.

Tampa Bay's 10 News contacted Fleming's, and an employee told us that the rumor was only half true - but they had also heard rumors that Favre was coming yesterday afternoon.

The employee said that rumors of Allen and Favre dining together were running rampant all day long. However, only Bruce Allen showed up (no Favre) and had dinner with three other gentlemen.

Tampa Bay's 10 News will keep you updated with facts on any other rumors that pop up.

According to the interview, Favre wanted TT to resign Wahle and Rivera, trade for Moss, and hire his buddy Mooch as HC. Seems like he'd rather be the GM than the starting QB.

I agreed with some of those things back then, but with the successes of TT and MM I'm amazed he still harbors those resentments.

Letting both guards walk and the center was tough on Favre, but come on Brett admit Thompson made it work.

I agreed with some of those things back then, but with the successes of TT and MM I'm amazed he still harbors those resentments.

Letting both guards walk and the center was tough on Favre, but come on Brett admit Thompson made it work.

Yeah, AT THE TIME - hindsight being 20/20, I'd say that it is pretty apparent that Wahle was one of the top guards in the league in his prime, but Flanagan and Rivera were/are clearly on the downside. The main problem with letting Wahle and Rivera walk is they still haven't adequately replaced them (though it IS fair to point out that Colledge, Spitz, and Moll are all FAR more accomplished than either of those two were at similar points in their careers); as for Moss, do we need to go through that again? The short answer to the Moss situation is, where was he in crunch time? Would he have given GB 7-92-1 over 3 playoff games, helped them average 22 pts per game in the playoffs, and led them to a Super Bowl win, just like he did in NE? :wacko:

Mooch - love the guy, fellow Yooper, I don't think he's cut out to be an NFL head coach. I think Mooch would be best served settling down at some college.

According to the interview, Favre wanted TT to resign Wahle and Rivera, trade for Moss, and hire his buddy Mooch as HC. Seems like he'd rather be the GM than the starting QB.

It's been apparent for a while that Favre and TT don't get along. Kudos to TT for having the nads to say "no" to the best player in the history of his organization and do what's right.

I like Brett a lot, but he needs to shut up and get over himself.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Want some good news? This drama may not be resolved until well into the regular season. :wacko:

Brett Favre and his agent, James "Bus" Cook apparently are in no rush to apply for reinstatement in the National Football League.

"We have no definite plans to ask for reinstatement. Right now we have until the sixth week [of the regular season] and Brett has made it pretty clear that he is not willing to come in as a backup.

"If he asks for reinstatement and they start fining him $15,000 a day [for not reporting to training camp], well that just doesn't make sense," Cook said.

which one?

2007 Exec of the year. Greg Jennings. James Jones. Donald Lee. Charles Woodson. Atari Bigby. Ryan Pickett. From 4-12 with a washed-up, int-prone QB to 14-4, NFC finalist, with an MVP-candidate QB 2 years later.

Taking over a 4-12 team and doubling the win total... The following year improving to 14-4 and a home game in the NFC championship, which would have gone to a team that hasn't won a playoff game in over 4,100 days... :D

Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys after a 3-13 season and won the Super Bowl 4 years later and as far as most are concerned, he's an idiot. :wacko:

It's so much easier to shut your trap with your foot wedged so nicely in it :wacko:

Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys after a 3-13 season and won the Super Bowl 4 years later and as far as most are concerned, he's an idiot. :wacko:

He could have refuted that by being wildly successful after Jimmy Johnson left and a big chunk of the players Johnson had TREMENDOUS input in drafting were out of the pipeline.

With JJ - 44-36, which looks a LOT better when you erase the total bottom-out 1-15 season in '89, 7-1 in playoffs, 2 SBs.

First 2 years after Johnson, 24-8, 4-1 playoff record, another title....

...since then...96-96, 1-6 in their 7 playoff berths.

Obviously, Johnson's lack of runaway success in Miami may indicate that they are two guys who were better together than they were apart, and despite all accusations Jones has at worst been maybe a slightly-below-average head man, but he hasn't done anything to indicate he's a superior judge of talent.