[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saturday Night Live----Christopher Walken

ChuckB

Christopher Walken is one of my favorite hosts of SNL and he has been great in the past, but the first two skits with him have been painful. He hasn't once looked at the other actors because of reading the teleprompter, and it has been painfully obvious that he is reading.......ouch :wacko:

I NEED MORE COWBELL!!

Christopher Walken is one of my favorite hosts of SNL and he has been great in the past, but the first two skits with him have been painful. He hasn't once looked at the other actors because of reading the teleprompter, and it has been painfully obvious that he is reading.......ouch :wacko:

I NEED MORE COWBELL!!

:D Horrible

I like the political starts of SNL. Like the one where they had Hillary in a debate talking about dealing with the oil companies.

"Life is too short to deal with this awful woman. Just give her what she wants so she'll shut up and leave is in peace" :wacko:

Not that SNL is great anymore, but I thought last night's show was pretty weak in a season of better than average episodes compared to the past few years. Laser Cats and the Walken family reunion were pretty funny, but everything else (even the news) was weak.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Not that SNL is great anymore, but I thought last night's show was pretty weak in a season of better than average episodes compared past few years. Laser Cats and the Walken family reunion were pretty funny, but everything else (even the news) was weak.

This season has had some really good episodes. Last night was probably the clunker of the bunch.

This season has had some really good episodes. Last night was probably the clunker of the bunch.

I didn't think it was THAT bad, but, I was expecting a bit more with Walken hosting.

I've seen worse episodes, but there have been a lot of good episodes this year with a few great ones.

I think many SNL episodes kind of grow into their greatness over time and are usually (with a handful of exceptions) deemed classic or great after a several viewings. So it's hard to say what constitutes a "great" episode. A stinker, on the other hand, is fairly apparent to me rather quickly. I see little hope of my opinion changing about last night's Walken episode. Maybe it was set up with my high expectations (as it is whenever Steve Martin, Will Ferrell, Bill Murray, or Tom Hanks guest host), but last night's episode was a very bad one in what is shaping up to be a decent season compared to the last several years.

Kristen Wiig can make just about any sketch funny.

Very true. She is turning out to be the star of this cast. She is also pretty decent looking. I think Sandberg has good potential as well.

I think many SNL episodes kind of grow into their greatness over time and are usually (with a handful of exceptions) deemed classic or great after a several viewings. So it's hard to say what constitutes a "great" episode. A stinker, on the other hand, is fairly apparent to me rather quickly. I see little hope of my opinion changing about last night's Walken episode. Maybe it was set up with my high expectations (as it is whenever Steve Martin, Will Ferrell, Bill Murray, or Tom Hanks guest host), but last night's episode was a very bad one in what is shaping up to be a decent season compared to the last several years.

I was excited too. It almost seemed like there's something wrong with Walken. He seemed even more off than usual. Of course with something like Cowbell, it takes a great cast too. Ferrell made the sketch just as much as Walken. I think I'd rather see a Justin Timberlake episode now more than a Walken episode. :wacko:

The three episodes before the strike were very good. I found the Brian Williams episode very funny, but I'm a news dork.

I was excited too. It almost seemed like there's something wrong with Walken. He seemed even more off than usual. Of course with something like Cowbell, it takes a great cast too. Ferrell made the sketch just as much as Walken. I think I'd rather see a Justin Timberlake episode now more than a Walken episode. :wacko:

The three episodes before the strike were very good. I found the Brian Williams episode very funny, but I'm a news dork.

As bad as I felt the Walken episode was, hands down, the worst episode in recent memory was the Paris Hilton one. As if it was insulting enough that they deemed her worthy of hosting the show, it just seemed like the entire cast knew she was awful and didn't want to do anything to make her look remotely good. :D

As bad as I felt the Walken episode was, hands down, the worst episode in recent memory was the Paris Hilton one. As if it was insulting enough that they deemed her worthy of hosting the show, it just seemed like the entire cast knew she was awful and didn't want to do anything to make her look remotely good. :wacko:

I can definitely agree with that one.

As bad as I felt the Walken episode was, hands down, the worst episode in recent memory was the Paris Hilton one. As if it was insulting enough that they deemed her worthy of hosting the show, it just seemed like the entire cast knew she was awful and didn't want to do anything to make her look remotely good. :wacko:

I can definitely agree with that one.

+2

They replayed that on E! Saturday night, and it was just horrible.

The Tina Fey hosting episode earlier this year was pretty funny, and the one with Ellen Page (JUNO) was good too. The very last skit in that when Page comes back from a melissa ethridge concert and just "gays out" in front of Sandberg was hilarious.

The Walken show was so-so.