[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greatest Guitar Riffs

Ursa Majoris

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scroll down on Tonorator's list and there are links to about 80 more lists. Enough for a whole lifetime of arguments.

That site is awesome. I got lost there for a coupla weeks once upon a time.

Sorry, that was the Greatest Post Ever.

Greatest interview ever:

That's the band whose singer, Aarseth, was murdered. Black metal is riotously funny. Check out the Wikipedia entry on all manner of metals - doom, black, death, folk, groove, sludge, etc, etc.

The entry on Black Metal contains all the hilarious characters, most of them from Norway for some reason.

My 13-year old nephew picked up a guitar for the first time about 8 months ago. He really likes to play and while I don't know diddly about guitar, I like to listen to him already. I think he's shown vast improvement in such a short period of time.

Here's a short video of his riff

He has good hands to play guitar with thats for sure. He has long fingers and looks pretty coordinated. When I first started playing I used to jam like that in my room for hours. I hardly pick it up anymore . F 'n bionic kids

That's the band whose singer, Aarseth, was murdered. Black metal is riotously funny. Check out the Wikipedia entry on all manner of metals - doom, black, death, folk, groove, sludge, etc, etc.

The entry on Black Metal contains all the hilarious characters, most of them from Norway for some reason.

Yeah, I finally got to go see Celtic Frost who are generally regarded (mis-regarded, IMO) as progenitors of the whole "black metal" scene.

And while the show was pretty cool, it's amazing to see how seriously some musicians take such utter ridiculousness.

My 13-year old nephew picked up a guitar for the first time about 8 months ago. He really likes to play and while I don't know diddly about guitar, I like to listen to him already. I think he's shown vast improvement in such a short period of time.

Here's a short video of his riff

He's definitely got what it takes and seems to be on his way. Try to convince him that it's not all about soloing though - I always get annoyed by the guys that can only solo and can't play chords or rhythm very well. It's important to be able to humbly groove on some chords too - just make sure he understands this. He's got skills though, for 8 months, he's darn good :wacko:

• 11 months later...

Not sure how I missed this thread last year, 'cuz I would have definitely added my vote to the mix...

25 Money For Nothing Dire Straits (1984)

Right band, wrong song.

The YouTube version of the song actually cuts off before Mark Knopfler goes on his solo, but try checking out Sultans of Swing.