[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Song/Riff Rip Offs

jaxfactor

This always bothered me. Now we all know that bands will redo certain songs and essentially make them their own. In fact I've seen many a rap band use the music from rock songs and insert their own lyrics. I just dug up an old cassette from 1977 by a group called Mother's Finest. Now some of you may have heard of them. There is a song on the cassette I have titled Mickey's Monkey. Now the original Mickey's Monkey was performed by The Miracles(ala Smokey Robinson) back in 1963. Mother's Finest just totally ripped off the music from a well known band that was still around back then. I'm not gonna tell you who the band is, you'll figure it out on your own. Even the breaks and the chorus are a total rip off of the same song this band did only two years prior. I am not very saavy with music sites yet and can only find the link to a 2003 version on Youtube. But for those of you in the know, google Mother's Finest-Mickey's Monkey and you should be able to hear the original 1977 version of this song which is much easier to tell how much of a rip this song was of one of my favorite bands of all time and alot of others' favorites as well.

Here's the link to the live version(I hope this works as I've had bad luck with music links):

Mother's Finest- Mickey's Monkey

Keep listening through the chorus and breaks and for the fans of the classic band that still lives on today, you'll guess what song it rips off in a heartbeat.

Feel free to add any other famous ripoffs to this thread you see fit.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paradise city rips off the riff of zero to hero by Sabbath.

I know stairway is always claimed as a rip off to but I forget the original

Paradise city rips off the riff of zero to hero by Sabbath.

I know stairway is always claimed as a rip off to but I forget the original

Zero to Hero

Paradise city GNR

Listen to the main guitar riff..very very similar..GNR a little faster with a few different notes at the end

Edited by whomper