[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs!

budlitebrad

I am of the opinion that if Pierce misses time then this team is in trouble. KG couldn't throw the ball in the ocean in the 4th quarter. They really need Pierce's shot to match with Kobe's, even if it is somewhat inferior.

That was a thunderous putback by KG, holy sh*t! And Pierce's injury - was he overreacting or what? Must not have been bad at all...

I agree with a comment John Barry had on Cowherd's show this morning: if Kobe takes 26 shots again on Sunday, no way he misses 17 of them again. And Gasol with 0 boards in the 2nd half, and 3 of Odom's shots at point blank range roll out?? Ridiculous - Lakers will get it together more for Game 2, and I predict a win or a really close loss in OT. At which point I still won't be worried, unless they drop one at home.

Great series, we'll see....

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NBA officiating really does need some work. It is wildly inconsistent.

There was a long part of the game early when I almost felt bad for the Lakers because they really were not getting the calls. Then late in the game I thought the C's were getting hit with ticky-tack calls and the Lakers were getting away with muggings.

:wacko:

There's nothing to be done about it, but I think the calls do affect the games.

I thought it was nice to see the Lakers get their come-uppance for a change, especially superstar Kobe who is so used to being able to elbow and push off he's genuinely shocked when it's actually called. It looked to me as if the Celtic's game plan called for getting the Lakers in heavy foul trouble early and it worked.

Rivers needs to tell his crew to ignore the score and keep focusing. That 4th quarter could have been an historic embarrassment.

As for Jeff Van Gundy in the announcer's chair, they need to call for the men in white coats to come and take him away. :wacko:

Absolutely horrible officiating - 38 FT to 10??? laughable - Kobe and Gasol were getting hit in the lane as much as Pierece/Powe and company- a complete joke.

FWIW I have no preference in who wins- I just want to see a great series - I just cannot stand how it is so freakin obvious the NBA and Stern want the home teams to win - there is no other explanation- I mean, you have the regining MVP getting zero respect?? and getting hit for cheap, ticky tack fould off the ball?? terrible. Pretty obvious there was bias involved - 38 to 10 in an NBA title game :wacko:

No watch it flip the other way as LA gets the calls and controls games 3,4,5 -

They need to overhaul their officiating crews and fundamentals- it is getting beyond bad.

Absolutely horrible officiating - 38 FT to 10??? laughable - Kobe and Gasol were getting hit in the lane as much as Pierece/Powe and company- a complete joke.

FWIW I have no preference in who wins- I just want to see a great series - I just cannot stand how it is so freakin obvious the NBA and Stern want the home teams to win - there is no other explanation- I mean, you have the regining MVP getting zero respect?? and getting hit for cheap, ticky tack fould off the ball?? terrible. Pretty obvious there was bias involved - 38 to 10 in an NBA title game :wacko:

No watch it flip the other way as LA gets the calls and controls games 3,4,5 -

They need to overhaul their officiating crews and fundamentals- it is getting beyond bad.

It was bad overall, but I also think it goes both ways being bad in spurts. The end of the game was bad in the other direction when the Lakers were trying to get back in and make it close.

And I think we agree that it affects the integrity of the game. I told my wife last night that to me it looks like the officials are going to do anything they can get away with to make this a 7 game series. Who knows who will win.

seriously?? I think Van Gundy is flat out hilarious and one of the best in sports - guy is awesome

+1

I love Van Gundy and Jackson and hope they both stick to announcing versus coaching.

seriously?? I think Van Gundy is flat out hilarious and one of the best in sports - guy is awesome

As M Jackson pointed out, to officiate differently in a championship game versus regular season is flat out wrong. Van Gundy is a good announcer but he's nuts if he thinks "stars who brought their teams there should be kept on the floor", which is the gist of what he said. That's a crock - if the rules are different based on who the MVP or home team is, the game isn't worth playing.

Wildcat - what respect do you think the reigning MVP should have over and above the other players? Should he not be subject to the same rules?

As M Jackson pointed out, to officiate differently in a championship game versus regular season is flat out wrong. Van Gundy is a good announcer but he's nuts if he thinks "stars who brought their teams there should be kept on the floor", which is the gist of what he said. That's a crock - if the rules are different based on who the MVP or home team is, the game isn't worth playing.

Wildcat - what respect do you think the reigning MVP should have over and above the other players? Should he not be subject to the same rules?

I don't necessarily agree with the SVG comment- BUT let's face reality- that is the way it is in sports these days.

Kobe/MJ/LBJ, etc are the best on the floor, and they usually get the benefit of the doubt - for a few reasons but I think SVG point was right in the fact that they were nailing Kobe for ticky-tack stuff.

This happens in all sports - from superstar pitches getting the corners, hitters not getting the called 3rd strike, azzhats like Clemens throwing broken bats at players and not getting tossed.

Superstar WR/DB's getting the benefit of the doubt on PI calls -

this is nothing new and happens in all sports

this is nothing new and happens in all sports

It isn't anything new, but you didn't answer Ursa's question. Shouldn't the superstars, in all sports, be subject to the same rules as every other player?

MJ being able to push off every time he drove to the basket or the stupid no charge half circle they put under the basket for Shaq piss me off.

Boston kept it close somehow, even though Pierce and Garnett sucked tonight. Too bad they don't know how to finish a game. Gasol and Odom sucked too, but Sasha was on fire and Kobe got his calls as expected.

As you said, 4 of the stars you mentioned sucked. It was one big suckfest. But I'll take the W as a Laker fan, and hope for a couple more here...

Clearly when House was replaced by Rondo, Boston started to slip. Rondo didnt look right, and Id have stayed with House personally.

Boston gave this game away as much as LA won it. Kobe was finally Kobe, but KG was terrible, and the game was still winnable for Boston.

Clearly when House was replaced by Rondo, Boston started to slip. Rondo didnt look right, and Id have stayed with House personally.

Boston gave this game away as much as LA won it. Kobe was finally Kobe, but KG was terrible, and the game was still winnable for Boston.

Agree on all points. That was one of the worst games I've ever seen KG have, having watched him for nearly a decade. Pierce, if possible, was even worse and still the Celtics were only 6 points out of it. Pierce + KG > Gasol + Odom so I'm thinking that the Celtics still take one game at least from the three in LA then finish it off at home.

It isn't anything new, but you didn't answer Ursa's question. Shouldn't the superstars, in all sports, be subject to the same rules as every other player?

MJ being able to push off every time he drove to the basket or the stupid no charge half circle they put under the basket for Shaq piss me off.

well of course - in a perfek world

but that ain't the way the world works, everyone is not subject to the same rules, athletes included.

The Celtics did what the Lakers couldn't do in game 2 and pulled off the epic comeback. With what LA has been doing on offense this series, Kobe needed to put up a lot more than 17 if they wanted to win.

Boston obviously wants it more. This series is over.

Edited by budlitebrad

The Celtics did what the Lakers couldn't do in game 2 and pulled off the epic comeback. With what LA has been doing on offense this series, Kobe needed to put up a lot more than 17 if they wanted to win.

Boston obviously wants it more. This series is over.

Thank God. Kobe can go home and cry. Go Celtics.

Kobe needed to put up a lot more than 17 if they wanted to win.

He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He rode Shaq's coat tails for a few, and will never see the trophy again, playing for the Lakers. His supporting cast is soft and he is soft. Old ass Jesus Shuttleworth showed him how a vet is supposed to play tonight. Something to be said for that.

The best player in the NBA to not win a championship on his own. That's what the history books will read.

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

All I can say is WOW.....oh and :D I thought we were toast when Odom was going off and they were up by 20 with Kobe only having like 4 pnts.

What a smart move by Doc t :wacko: o spread the floor with the shooters. Thank god Eddie and Posey were hitting their shots. Last night was an emotional roller coaster. Great D by Pierce on Kobe.

I'm pulling for Big Baby to make some plays before the series is over.

He doesn't have the heart of a champion. He rode Shaq's coat tails for a few, and will never see the trophy again, playing for the Lakers. His supporting cast is soft and he is soft. Old ass Jesus Shuttleworth showed him how a vet is supposed to play tonight. Something to be said for that.

The best player in the NBA to not win a championship on his own. That's what the history books will read.

I understand a lot of the anti-Kobe sentiment, and a lot of it is deserved. But your first sentence is one of the craziest things I've ever read here....

I understand a lot of the anti-Kobe sentiment, and a lot of it is deserved. But your first sentence is one of the craziest things I've ever read here....

what a disaster - no way in hell LAL should have let that slip away- BRUTAL. The thing about Kobe, he is great, but as much as you hear about him being a "great" teammate and leader- such BS- he isn't and never will be - it just isn't in him, he is what he is an incredible player, one of the best ever that is a whiny, primadonna. Watch him- all he does is bitch and moan and pout at his teammates - it is unreal.

His body language is horrible - guy misses swinging the ball to Kobe, he throws his hands up and whines all the freakin time.

Pretty funny blog by Curt Shilling who sat right by the LAL bench, in game 2- he could not believe how Kobe was constantly getting on his guys.

Congrats to the Celtics - Well Earned Title!!!

Love seeing Jesus doin his thang - great gutty game by Ray Ray and Pierce