[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs!

budlitebrad

I'm referring to your assumption that it will be Detroit from the East.

Oh, you're right. If Rip can't go, or just isn't himself, I'd say the Celtics take Game 6 here. Ah, Stern and the boys back in NYC get the mathcup they wanted. Stars! Tradition! Drama! I think the Lakers speed and Kobe's incredible determination will give them the slight edge, but only if they can take one of the first 2 in beantown. This is the one time I have to root against hometown boy Pierce, a well-respected dude around here, but I have to.

Should be a great series...

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta admit it's kinda cool for the nba to have a lakers/celtics final (lakers/pistons woulda been ok too).

my take on the finals, lakers all the way. I'd rather see the celts win....I like KG ok, I like pierce ok, I hate kobe. but kobe is gonna stick a knife in their heart.

gotta admit it's kinda cool for the nba to have a lakers/celtics final (lakers/pistons woulda been ok too).

my take on the finals, lakers all the way. I'd rather see the celts win....I like KG ok, I like pierce ok, I hate kobe. but kobe is gonna stick a knife in their heart.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. However, one thing that will play into the Lakers advantage is the 2-3-2 format for the finals. This format, I believe, effectively removes home field advantage from the #1 seeded team. The Celtics absolutely must win both the first two then take one in LA. Failure to go 2-0 up will hand the title to the filthy Lakers (as a Minneapolis resident, I despise the Lakers).

I also think Bryant can be put off his game if the Celtics get physical with him. Hopefully the Celtics will tell Perkins to give Bryant a swift kick in the nuts early in Game One. :wacko: (Cool how this graemlin has the team colors the right way round!)

Oh, you're right. If Rip can't go, or just isn't himself, I'd say the Celtics take Game 6 here.

Was my thought exactly and I dropped some coin on the C's to win straight-up last night. :wacko:

Championship should go 7 games. Toss-up.

It's good to see KG finally in the finals!

:wacko:

Is there a less "clutch" superstar in the league than KG? The dude passed up a layup in the closing minute to kick the ball out to Rondo - yes, Rajon Rondo, for a three, which predictably clanked off the iron. The guy is too passive to be considered among the all time greats and one main reason the Lakers win this series in 5 games.

Was my thought exactly and I dropped some coin on the C's to win straight-up last night. :wacko:

Championship should go 7 games. Toss-up.

I disagree- I think the Lake Show takes em out in 5, possbibly 6 - I see a split in Boston and LA likely sweeping at home, maybe maybe dropping 1

LA has a much stronger bench- I think LA has good matchups all over the floor, and Ray Ray looking old, it doesn't look good IMO

Kobe is a straight up killer and will take over down the stretch-

I disagree- I think the Lake Show takes em out in 5, possbibly 6 - I see a split in Boston and LA likely sweeping at home, maybe maybe dropping 1

LA has a much stronger bench- I think LA has good matchups all over the floor, and Ray Ray looking old, it doesn't look good IMO

Kobe is a straight up killer and will take over down the stretch-

While you might be right in general, Allen has shown a lot of signs of life recently and remains a threat the Lakers will have to account for.

Is there a less "clutch" superstar in the league than KG? The dude passed up a layup in the closing minute to kick the ball out to Rondo - yes, Rajon Rondo, for a three, which predictably clanked off the iron. The guy is too passive to be considered among the all time greats and one main reason the Lakers win this series in 5 games.

If Pierce wasn't on the team I would be worried about KG not being a clutch scorer. With Pierce there to nail that shot when it counts I feel good about it.

While you might be right in general, Allen has shown a lot of signs of life recently and remains a threat the Lakers will have to account for.

as a lifelong Sea fan- I would love to see him bring it, believe me.

Kobe, similar to Jordan, takes over in the 4th and does not let his team lose, and he will be the difference.

Boston has no match for him or the LA bench

Boston's defense beat the LA offense tonight. Celtics had better rebounding and didn't give up much down low.

And really that's why I usually laugh when I hear about the mighty Western conference. Outside of San Antonio, the teams don't play defense and can get exposed in the finals because of it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Celtics win this in 5 or 6 games because of it.

If Pierce wasn't on the team I would be worried about KG not being a clutch scorer. With Pierce there to nail that shot when it counts I feel good about it.

KG started on fire, went cold then iced the game with that crashing dunk from the offensive rebound. He was faster to that ball than Gasol by a country mile. Whether he's clutch or not, he makes any team way better. Also, what about that recovery of the ball from his own back court? He hooked that ball back from fully seven feet behind the halfway before his feet touched. F'n incredible skill for a 7 foot man. :wacko:

That was a great game to start the series. Sunday will be pivotal - a Celtics win and they take the series, IMO, because they'll win one in LA. Lakers win and they are in the box seat.

KG started on fire, went cold then iced the game with that crashing dunk from the offensive rebound. He was faster to that ball than Gasol by a country mile. Whether he's clutch or not, he makes any team way better. Also, what about that recovery of the ball from his own back court? He hooked that ball back from fully seven feet behind the halfway before his feet touched. F'n incredible skill for a 7 foot man. :wacko:

That was a great game to start the series. Sunday will be pivotal - a Celtics win and they take the series, IMO, because they'll win one in LA. Lakers win and they are in the box seat.

I am of the opinion that if Pierce misses time then this team is in trouble. KG couldn't throw the ball in the ocean in the 4th quarter. They really need Pierce's shot to match with Kobe's, even if it is somewhat inferior.