[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs!

budlitebrad

But your first sentence is one of the craziest things I've ever read here....

How so? You think he has the heart of a Champion? If so, explain, as I would love to hear it. All the comparisons to MJ make me wanna shoot myself in the face. MJ had a supporting cast that did it all. He made his team mates better, no matter who they were. Kobe IS the best player in the NBA no doubt. I knew his bitchy antics at the start of the season would catch up to him, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

There are a lot of crazy things mentioned in The Huddle and I will be glad to take credit if my statement happens to be the craziest here. But the fact still remains that Kobe, as expected, will go home not a champion this year.

Maybe next year he asks to get traded to Phoenix to play with his old friend the Big Cactus.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? You think he has the heart of a Champion? If so, explain, as I would love to hear it. All the comparisons to MJ make me wanna shoot myself in the face. MJ had a supporting cast that did it all. He made his team mates better, no matter who they were. Kobe IS the best player in the NBA no doubt. I knew his bitchy antics at the start of the season would catch up to him, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

There are a lot of crazy things mentioned in The Huddle and I will be glad to take credit if my statement happens to be the craziest here. But the fact still remains that Kobe, as expected, will go home not a champion this year.

Maybe next year he asks to get traded to Phoenix to play with his old friend the Big Cactus.

1. Comparisons to MJ - I think they're ridiculous too, and so does Kobe (in public anyway). And BTW, no one is stopping you...

2. He may go home not a champion this year, but he has 3 rings already, and next year with Bynum back is looking good already. And I dare say the Lakers wouldn't have those 3 without him.

3. Almost everyone has acknowledged that he has a stronger work ethic than anyone in the game since MJ, and he has tried to elevate the game of those around him. He may not be successful at it, and he's still learning how to be a better leader, but to insinuate that he doesn't care enough to be a champion is the 'crazy' part I was originally referring to above. :D

4. Ask Pierce, KG and every other player on the US Olympic team if they want Kobe on the team this summer in China. Go ahead, I'll wait for you to get back.... :wacko:

5. Before anyone here thinks I've drunk the Kobe Koolaid, no, I don't think he is a perfect role model. And no, I didn't appreciate his antics last summer as a lifelong Laker fan. And yes, sometimes he does revert back to a bit of a spoiled brat. But if I was the captain of a b-ball team at the local park, and every current NBA or worldwide player was available, would I pick Kobe first?

Yes in a heartbeat, and I'd hand over the captain's chair to him too, in no small part due to his 'heart of a champion'. A few billion other people would too, I suspect.

I won't reply to anything else on it, but feel free to say whatever you want, dude....

They are getting their ass handed to them and some

Damn right... oh well, gives me more time to hang with the family on Thursday night. What a bunch of suckers! :D

(Edit: The Lakers, not my family... :wacko:)

Edited by darin3

As tired as I am of Boston fans, it's nice to see all 3 guys finally get a ring.

Exactly right. I am so happy for Garnett and Allen. But the fans of Boston are a complete disgrace. Watching the last 4 mins shows just how classless the fans of Boston are. Simply embarassing with the chants. Oh well, that is par for the course from that part of the country.

Exactly right. I am so happy for Garnett and Allen. But the fans of Boston are a complete disgrace. Watching the last 4 mins shows just how classless the fans of Boston are. Simply embarassing with the chants. Oh well, that is par for the course from that part of the country.

typical..... :wacko:

what chants? MVP for Garnett? (deserved, although Kobe did deserve it) 17? only ones I heard.... :D

oh and... :D:smash::D:D:D:D

Kevin Garnett straight lost his mind......

"Michelle you lookin good girl, you lookin good"

12 years of being surrounded by sub-standard players (except one year} will do that to you. There's never been a more deserving player than KG. Congrats to the Big Ticket! :wacko:

LOL...your Boston hating simply reaks of sour grapes. You only wish you could have two world champions and an AFC champion in Texas...not to mention 1/2 of the nation's Ivy league schools.

Edited by Crazysight

12 years of being surrounded by sub-standard players (except one year} will do that to you. There's never been a more deserving player than KG. Congrats to the Big Ticket! :wacko:

no doubt, I am a big fan of KG, Ray and Pierce - alot of likeable guys on that team.

Not to mention Enumclaw, Washington's own Brian Scalabrine get's a ring...........

KG did go all ghetto there for a minute though..........................

I missed this one entirely, thought LAL would take it in 6 max-

congrats to Bawston fans

And really that's why I usually laugh when I hear about the mighty Western conference. Outside of San Antonio, the teams don't play defense and can get exposed in the finals because of it. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Celtics win this in 5 or 6 games because of it.

:wacko:

Agree on all points. That was one of the worst games I've ever seen KG have, having watched him for nearly a decade. Pierce, if possible, was even worse and still the Celtics were only 6 points out of it. Pierce + KG > Gasol + Odom so I'm thinking that the Celtics still take one game at least from the three in LA then finish it off at home.

:wacko::D

I have to admit, I was mildly embarrassed.

I hate he lakers the way I hate the Colts and the Yankees and the Canadiens, but come on people.

That was a statement from my boys last night. A whooping like I have not seen in a championship clinching game in my recollection.

I am happy for KG and Ray Allen, who I think are great, but most of all I am happy for Paul Pierce, Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge. I think Danny didn't get the kudos he deserved last night in the middle of all the hooplah.

Well done Celtics :wacko:

Why? You should try European soccer. :wacko:

Eh.....I said mildly :D

I just think people should grow up a little. You can be overboard psyched your team won without having a 10 minute taunting chant. It wasn't the chant as much as how long it went on for that made me roll my eyes.