[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenton Keith Arrested

kpholmes

The Associated Press reports Indianapolis Colts RB Kenton Keith was arrested early Sunday, April 20, for refusing to leave a nightclub parking lot and yelling at officers that he was a Colts player who had done nothing wrong, according to police. Keith and several others refused to leave and were laughing, dancing and joking, police said. Police eventually ordered them to put their hands on a vehicle, however Keith refused and took out his cell phone to record the incident, according to an Indianapolis police report. Police handcuffed him when he refused to put his hands behind his back and he was taken to jail. Keith was charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement, public intoxication and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, because a man he brought to the club with him was 19, according to police. Keith was released from jail later Sunday, April 20, on his own recognizance. His initial hearing is set for Wednesday, April 23.

Too much alcohol? check

Posse around? check

after 1:00 AM? check

And a week before the draft no less. Nice timing.

I posted this in an earlier post that was about Bryant Mckinnie..

"I wonder how long it took to write this story or any future story about a pro athlete getting in trouble. Just open up a word doc and it should ask a couple questions and the rest falls in place.

What sport - NBA can be defaulted in with a drop down that has NFL next on the list. - Might soon have to change the main default to NFL if they keep it up.

What team = Bengals can be defaulted with the Vikings next on the list.

What university - Miami can be defaulted.

Things mentioned in article without needing to be changed....

Nightclub - Check

Stripclub

Post midnight - Check

African American - Check

Group of "friends" - Check

Police called - Check

Actually a very simple article to write nowadays/"

Can anything be done to stop this from happening? Obviously the punishment is not a strong deterrent to stop this??

for refusing to leave a nightclub parking lot and yelling at officers that he was a Colts player

The stupidity of pro athletes never ceases to amuse me. :wacko:

I hope that this is Keith's ticket out of town. He's a very solid rusher, but has hands of stone and can't pass-block to save his life. Dungy had to run an injured Addai back on the field during the Falcons game after Peyton got clocked by a blitzer that Keith failed to pick up. The little dumbass also let a ball go right off of his hands and into those of a Charger defender on the goal line in the playoffs.

Racist - Check

You can call me a racist if you want and I am guessing that technically you would be accurate.

Let me ask you - what is your ethnicity? Why do you have an avi of Vick?

I say what is on my mind and I say what I believe. Do I believe that african american athletes are, for most part, better athletes than whites - yes - When was the last time a white person won the 100 meter dash? Why are 95% of Dbacks in the NFl black? It is what I think but it does mean I like any race more than another.

I judge people on there own individual traits. Every article that comes out an athlete getting in trouble tends to have the same underlying facts - nightclub/stripclub, late at night, group of friends all out together, and - yes - african american - not racist - just facts.

I have friends that are white and I have friends that are black and they are friends because they have the same traits that I like in a person and that is why they are friends - skin color makes no difference.

I also know people that I would never want as friends - some white and some black and again is based on traits that I don't like in people.

When I read these articles I see traits in these people that I don't like - I believe Pacman and the other NFL'ers are POS's and it has nothing to do with skin color. Back in the early - mid 90's Favre used to hang out in the bars and was basically a drunk and cheater and I thought he was also a POS (he is white right?). He seems to have turned his life around and if some of these athletes can do the same I will give them credit and will respect them regardless of skin color.

People like Jesse Jackson and Sharpton who pull the crap like the Duke case are much bigger racists than I could ever be but I guess me saying that makes me racist. Oh well then I guess I am.