[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Having a pool is fun!

Perchoutofwater

Yesterday afternoon, I was cleaning up the back yard, weeding the flower bed, and cleaning out the strainer in the pool. The strainer contained a dead great plains narrow mouth toad, a dead baby field rat, and a live Brown (De Kay's) Snake. The snake was about 12" long. In the past I've pulled out a number of copperheads, and some garter snakes. Having pulled copperheads out, anytime I reach in there and there is a snake in the stainer, it trips me out.

Maybe its time to get your kids bee-bee guns and let them loose.

Both of them have bb guns. It is a rite of passage in our family, when you turn 6 you get a Red Rider bb guy. My 6 year old is a dead shot too. The 9 year old is pretty good, but the 6 year old is incredible.

Both of them have bb guns. It is a rite of passage in our family, when you turn 6 you get a Red Rider bb guy. My 6 year old is a dead shot too. The 9 year old is pretty good, but the 6 year old is incredible.

Best Christmas present ever. (Though, my dad had to sneak that one under the tree without mom knowing about it).

Best Christmas present ever. (Though, my dad had to sneak that one under the tree without mom knowing about it).

When my six year old got hers for Christmas this year, her older sister started taunting her "You'll shoot your eye out, you'll shoot your eye out!" Me and he wife were rolling on the floor laughing. My mother then turned to me and told me if she shoots her or anyone else's eye out, she was gong to shoot me.

When my six year old got hers for Christmas this year, her older sister started taunting her "You'll shoot your eye out, you'll shoot your eye out!" Me and he wife were rolling on the floor laughing. My mother then turned to me and told me if she shoots her or anyone else's eye out, she was gong to shoot me.

:wacko:

Last fall as part of our local dive rescue squad they closed down the Oahe dam. We did a recreational/training dive on the intake structure as well as the tubes of the outlet side. Anyway, we were up above on the intake structure at about 60 feet of water and there was a rattle snake wrapped around a log up against the big grate that keeps trash out of the dam. My dive partner and I both looked at each other like should we touch it. We we got to the surface we both blurted out at the same time, "I wanted to make sure it was dead before we touched it." It is one of those things that you know it is dead, but you still don't know.

Last fall as part of our local dive rescue squad they closed down the Oahe dam. We did a recreational/training dive on the intake structure as well as the tubes of the outlet side. Anyway, we were up above on the intake structure at about 60 feet of water and there was a rattle snake wrapped around a log up against the big grate that keeps trash out of the dam. My dive partner and I both looked at each other like should we touch it. We we got to the surface we both blurted out at the same time, "I wanted to make sure it was dead before we touched it." It is one of those things that you know it is dead, but you still don't know.

The Thanksgiving that Leon Lett made such an ass of himself, I was in Llano hunting. The sudden cold spell caught everyone by surprise, including the rattlers. It went form 70 degree nights to below freezing in about 6 hours or so. Anyway, we had a shed we kept our hunting vehicles in, that was closed on three sides. In the corner there was a rattle snake coiled up. My dumb ass buddy goes over and picks the thing up, puts it in a garbage bag, and put it in the freezer. The think was too cold to strike, but if it was me I'd just have killed it.

Similar thing, I was playing golf w/ my brother one fall. I hit the ball in to the creek. the creek was down, and we play some loose rules, so I was going to hit the ball from the creek bed. It wasn't in the water. It was about 40 degrees or so outside. The creek had a steep 4' bank. I hit the ball, and then notice that not 2 feet from where I'm standing is a cotton mouth coiled up. Flat footed, I jumped over 3', and up 4' to get out of the creek bed. Scared the crap out of me. That was on the 15th hole. I don't think my heart rate came down until I got to the club house and had a drink in hand. My brother went down in the creek bed and started poking the thing with a golf club. It was alive just very lathargic.

Are you saying fish tacos are expensive?

She is not that flexible, but at least I benefit from the 8 calorie snacks! :wacko:

Unfortunately, it is not like feeding a pet. Mine has a particular "hunger" for the types of minerals with no nutritional value! :D

Similar thing, I was playing golf w/ my brother one fall. I hit the ball in to the creek. the creek was down, and we play some loose rules, so I was going to hit the ball from the creek bed. It wasn't in the water. It was about 40 degrees or so outside. The creek had a steep 4' bank. I hit the ball, and then notice that not 2 feet from where I'm standing is a cotton mouth coiled up. Flat footed, I jumped over 3', and up 4' to get out of the creek bed. Scared the crap out of me. That was on the 15th hole. I don't think my heart rate came down until I got to the club house and had a drink in hand. My brother went down in the creek bed and started poking the thing with a golf club. It was alive just very lathargic.

Here in the southwest we don't go much off the fairway to find a golf ball. Too many rattlers.

my idiot brother in law and his brother decided it would be a good idea to shoot bbs at each other when they were out camping a couple years ago. well, sure enough, IBIL did shoot his brother's eye out. :D well, not quite "out" but he is almost completely blind in that eye. :wacko:

There was a small tornado over by my parents house and they saw their neighbor pull out of their pool about the last thing you want ever want to pull out of your pool. I mean I cannot think of about anything worse.

The Port-A-John from a construction site behind their house.

:wacko: