[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs draft discussion

Chief Dick

Things I would like to see/not see in Saturday's draft regarding the Chiefs:

1. Do NOT want to see them trade up to get Dorsey. Makes NO sense considering the position they have already put themselves in to get talent. This would seriously piss me off.

2. DO want to see them trade down. If McFaddin or Ryan falls I would like to see the Chiefs trade out of the 5 spot.

3. If they stand pat, take best available regardless of position. If Ryan is there and no one is willing to trade up, take him. If Chris Long is there, take him. With Long you get a young DE who will, at this point, cost you less than Jerod Allen without the potential headache.

4. Take best available O-line with the 17th pick.

:wacko: muck and hat trick. calling muck and hat trick. :D

1. I would like to see them draft the best available player. Obviously I wanted to see Jake Long make it but the hype escalated and he rose to the top. I think its a toss up between Dorsey and Long on who's the best after that, kinda depends on need.

2. I do not want to see Carl for any reason whatsoever draft McFadden!

3. I would like to see the Chiefs take Ryan if he is there at #5. I have a feeling that Ryan could fall to #8. That would give them the opporunity to trade down a spot or two and still take him, although unlikely.

4. I would like to see them draft in the #5 slot and move up from the #17 slot to nab two top 15 players. I wouldn't mind them trading up from #17 to grab Albert, but I wouldn't like to see them take him at #5.

I pretty sick to my stomach with them stating they are still trying to trade for even more picks. I find it hard to come to grips that Carl would have to sign 13 players, that's just a nightmare. It's almost as if they are trying to rebuild in one year cause Carl knows this is it and Herm isn;t sure how much longer he'll be around after this year either. Either way they purged the roster as they should and are building it back the right way, now I just have to have confidence that they will draft the right players.......and I just don't.

We need:

2-3 OL

2-3 CB

1-2 DE

1 QB

1 TE

At bare minimum.

Edited by Hat Trick

1. I would like to see them draft the best available player. Obviously I wanted to see Jake Long make it but the hype escalated and he rose to the top. I think its a toss up between Dorsey and Long on who's the best after that, kinda depends on need.

2. I do not want to see Carl for any reason whatsoever draft McFadden!

3. I would like to see the Chiefs take Ryan if he is there at #5. I have a feeling that Ryan could fall to #8. That would give them the opporunity to trade down a spot or two and still take him, although unlikely.

4. I would like to see them draft in the #5 slot and move up from the #17 slot to nab two top 15 players. I wouldn't mind them trading up from #17 to grab Albert, but I wouldn't like to see them take him at #5.

I pretty sick to my stomach with them stating they are still trying to trade for even more picks. I find it hard to come to grips that Carl would have to sign 13 players, that's just a nightmare. It's almost as if they are trying to rebuild in one year cause Carl knows this is it and Herm isn;t sure how much longer he'll be around after this year either. Either way they purged the roster as they should and are building it back the right way, now I just have to have confidence that they will draft the right players.......and I just don't.

We need:

2-3 OL

2-3 CB

1-2 DE

1 QB

1 TE

At bare minimum.

If it was anyway they could Get Albert and either Clady or Otah. That would lock up their LT and RT for years.

I think people should be careful what they wish for when it comes to Albert. If my team were drafting a tackle, and it was not jake long, I would hope for Clady. I am not the biggest fan of guard to tackle conversions.

I'm not either. And if the Chiefs use a #5 pick on a guy they are gonna convert, then I will again be seriously pissed off.

If I were Carl Peterson and other GMs would make reasonable trades with me during the draft, I would do the following:

1) Trade down from 5 to somewhere in the 7-9 range, adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process. Draft the top OL candidate on the board from between Albert, Otah and Clady. If we cannot trade down, take (in order) Long, Gholston, Dorsey, OL-candidate of choice.

2) If we can trade down from 5 to 7-9, use the pick we added in order to trade up from 17 to somewhere in the 11-13 range. If we do not trade down from 5, do not use a 2nd or 3rd in order to trade back up from 17. If either of the two remaining OL candidates are on the board, take them. If not, look to CB (McKelvin or Rogers-Cromartie) or DE (Harvey or even DT if Ellis would happen to drop).

...the more I think about it, getting book-end offensive tackles in round one would be a huge coup for KC...

3) Pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and pick another in the 6th or 7th round. Get two rookies on the field to battle it out with Croyle. When you have 13 picks like we do, its much more economical (and a higher probability proposition) to spend a 3rd and a 6th (for example) than blowing a pick at the top of the draft on a QB.

4) Draft at least six linemen (both sides of the ball, combined). Get at least one very good OC prospect to keep Brian Waters at OG. Get at least one DT prospect.

5) Draft at least two CBs, one of whom is picked in the top three rounds.

6) If we get two great OL candidates with our first two picks, draft at least one fast WR that runs good routes and has good hands in the first three rounds.

7) Do NOT draft a kicker.

8) Draft a RB that could possibly be an 'every down back' in the event that something happens to LJ.

9) If you cannot decide between two seemingly equal players, pick the ones from local colleges to spur interest in the team since there is very little star power left beyond Gonzo and LJ ... (Jordy Nelson, WR, KSU ... Anthony Collins, OT, KU ... Aqib Talib, CB, KU ... Martin Rucker, TE, MU ... etc ...).

If I were Carl Peterson and other GMs would make reasonable trades with me during the draft, I would do the following:

1) Trade down from 5 to somewhere in the 7-9 range, adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process. Draft the top OL candidate on the board from between Albert, Otah and Clady. If we cannot trade down, take (in order) Long, Gholston, Dorsey, OL-candidate of choice.

2) If we can trade down from 5 to 7-9, use the pick we added in order to trade up from 17 to somewhere in the 11-13 range. If we do not trade down from 5, do not use a 2nd or 3rd in order to trade back up from 17. If either of the two remaining OL candidates are on the board, take them. If not, look to CB (McKelvin or Rogers-Cromartie) or DE (Harvey or even DT if Ellis would happen to drop).

...the more I think about it, getting book-end offensive tackles in round one would be a huge coup for KC...

3) Pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and pick another in the 6th or 7th round. Get two rookies on the field to battle it out with Croyle. When you have 13 picks like we do, its much more economical (and a higher probability proposition) to spend a 3rd and a 6th (for example) than blowing a pick at the top of the draft on a QB.

4) Draft at least six linemen (both sides of the ball, combined). Get at least one very good OC prospect to keep Brian Waters at OG. Get at least one DT prospect.

5) Draft at least two CBs, one of whom is picked in the top three rounds.

6) If we get two great OL candidates with our first two picks, draft at least one fast WR that runs good routes and has good hands in the first three rounds.

7) Do NOT draft a kicker.

8) Draft a RB that could possibly be an 'every down back' in the event that something happens to LJ.

9) If you cannot decide between two seemingly equal players, pick the ones from local colleges to spur interest in the team since there is very little star power left beyond Gonzo and LJ ... (Jordy Nelson, WR, KSU ... Anthony Collins, OT, KU ... Aqib Talib, CB, KU ... Martin Rucker, TE, MU ... etc ...).

I'm feelin ya, I don't know how I left off WR from my mix :wacko: I guess I'm just so concerned with CB and the lines that I just forgot about the need to get the ball from the QB's hands to the WR. They definitely need an extra TE to learn behind Tony and a backup RB...like you said that can backup LJ as an every down back.

I'd think it makes more sense to take the best remaining tackle pospect with their second 1st rounder. I just don't see the value there at #5. If it comes down to Gholston or Ryan or best available T (Albert/Otah/Clady), think the Chiefs take Ryan with the #5 pick?

I'd think it makes more sense to take the best remaining tackle pospect with their second 1st rounder. I just don't see the value there at #5. If it comes down to Gholston or Ryan or best available T (Albert/Otah/Clady), think the Chiefs take Ryan with the #5 pick?

I would if I were them, I just have a bad feeling about Gholston and I think they'd be really reaching for Albert who is a guard, guards never get drafted that high often, take the franschise QB and then load up on lineman, CB's and fill in the rest at the bottom of the draft. Then again they will most likely be picking near the top again next year, so that opportunity will be there again next season. Theres many ways they can go about it with so many needs and so many picks.

Mel Kiper has them taking him at 5(!) in his final mock, for whatever that's worth. Can't see it...

I can see them moving the 1.17 and a 3rd to move up a few spots to take him around 1.10 - 1.15ish, but no, I can guarantee you they dont take him at 1.5. Mel Kiper is so over rated... I hate listening to him.

Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City is reporting that inside sources have informed them that Chiefs owner Clark Hunt will be taking a prominant role during this weeks draft in the war room. This on the heels of Peterson mouthpiece Bob Gretz's release from the Chiefs broadcasting team.

Sources are saying that Mr. Hunt is limiting the power that King Carl has yielded over the franchise in the past and that the main players for the Chiefs draft this season will be Herm Edwards and Bill Kuharich.

810 radio personality Kevin Kietzman holds the belief that he would not be surprised to see Carl resign as Chiefs President and CEO within the next week.

Edited by fingfootball

Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City is reporting that inside sources have informed them that Chiefs owner Clark Hunt will be taking a prominant role during this weeks draft in the war room. This on the heels of Peterson mouthpiece Bob Gretz's release from the Chiefs broadcasting team.

Sources are saying that Mr. Hunt is limiting the power that King Carl has yielded over the franchise in the past and that the main players for the Chiefs draft this season will be Herm Edwards and Bill Kuharich.

810 radio personality Kevin Kietzman holds the belief that he would not be surprised to see Carl resign as Chiefs President and CEO within the next week.

This makes me semi-hard. If Peterson resigns it will be a full blown erection.