[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is what I'm worried about

westvirginia

:wacko:

Crying "racism" at every turn. Disagree and you're just a racist. Don't vote for him and it's because you're racist. The media shows the folley of the spending he wants to do and it's racist. Every criticism of this guy until well past the election, and further if he gets elected, will be decried as racist. This scares me...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While agreeing in principle that "racism" is grossly overused, in W Virginia Obama supporters were asked if they'd vote for Clinton if she was the nominee and over 50% said they would. Hillary supporters were asked if they'd vote for Obama if he was the nominee and about 30% said they would.

Subtext: We ain't goin' to vote for no damn negra, no sirree.

Got an alternative explanation?

No need to worry. Right after Obama officially gets the nomination. (no turning back to hillery)

Obama will be exposed as the deceiver he is. he will be lucky if he is able to keep his senate seat by the time November comes around.

While agreeing in principle that "racism" is grossly overused, in W Virginia Obama supporters were asked if they'd vote for Clinton if she was the nominee and over 50% said they would. Hillary supporters were asked if they'd vote for Obama if he was the nominee and about 30% said they would.

Well, part of it is semantics. Racism is the belief that a race is inhierently (sp?) inferior to another. But you're absolutely right, prejudice is the probable reason for a bunch of it. Probably the "muslim connection" (whether real or not) is some more. But I wouldn't vote for that bastage whether he was white or asian, and I think most here know that. Does that make me a "policyist or something similarly ridiculous? You'll never be able to legislate morality, and stupidity fits there as well...

well, perhaps more of obama's supporters are the hard-core party loyalists, while more of hilary's supporters are of the "reagan democrat" ilk that could go the other way. :wacko:

eh, I don't think I'm quite buying that either. the only real explanation is that democrats are racist. blacks going like 90% for obama. hispanics going like 70% against obama. "rural" and "blue collar" whites (i.e., rednecks we would call republicans if their unions didn't tell them to vote democratic) going strong for hillary.

it's funny that just a few months ago, we kept hearing, "all the people who wouldn't vote for obama because of his race wouldn't be voting democratic anyway". riiiiiiiight :D

:wacko:

Crying "racism" at every turn. Disagree and you're just a racist. Don't vote for him and it's because you're racist. The media shows the folley of the spending he wants to do and it's racist. Every criticism of this guy until well past the election, and further if he gets elected, will be decried as racist. This scares me...

You shold actually link to something that backs up what you're saying: this is a link to people being called names:

People have called Obama's campaign staff, including white volunteers, racially derogatory names, the Post said. Some staff members have endured rants and stereotyping from people who can't imagine having a black president, the Post said.

Unless it's not racist to call people n#993r.... :D

Here's the thing. Our country is now at a crossroad which has never been visited before. For the first time ever, we have the choice of a female president or a black president. Of course using the adjectives "female" and "black" just brings home the fact that no matter what anyone does, we will always refer to minorities by their minority inherited social labels. If our next president is democratic, our country will enter a new phase in its development. With any drastic social change, there will always be conflict, without conflict no significant change can happen.

I had said a while ago that there will never be a black president in the next 50 years because America isn't ready for one. I seem to be wrong in this case. I believe that if Obama wins the Dem nom, he would come out over McCain. I think this would be a good thing. We have two countries here in America - the white one and the black one - and this division between groups is what is holding our country back. I am d@mn curious to see how our country will move forward with a new perspective in the White House.

You have to think of it on a larger scale that extend outside of our own person views - how will the world react to a black president? What social changes will happen? Will we be able to move forward as a society or split further into racial divides?

For what it is worth, i had no doubt in my mind that W. Va would go for Hillary but the interesting thing about W. Va is that it split with Virgina before the Civil War because the counties in W.VA did not support the institution of slavery - though for different reason than you may think, it was more along the lines of slavery interfering with the white man's ability to find work.

Well, part of it is semantics. Racism is the belief that a race is inhierently (sp?) inferior to another. But you're absolutely right, prejudice is the probable reason for a bunch of it. Probably the "muslim connection" (whether real or not) is some more. But I wouldn't vote for that bastage whether he was white or asian, and I think most here know that. Does that make me a "policyist or something similarly ridiculous? You'll never be able to legislate morality, and stupidity fits there as well...

I don't think every white in WV is a racist but some are. I don't think every black in WV is a racist but some are.

It's perfectly legitimate to detest Obama based on his policies - I am not a big fan of some of them myself. It's another thing altogether to detest Obama based on just his skin. Side note: That "Muslim" thing continues to fly - stupidity and gullibility are both alive and well.

Here's the thing. Our country is now at a crossroad which has never been visited before. For the first time ever, we have the choice of a female president or a black president. Of course using the adjectives "female" and "black" just brings home the fact that no matter what anyone does, we will always refer to minorities by their minority inherited social labels.

Worth noting that females are not a minority, they are a majority - 51% to 49%, I think.

:D

Uhh... wat?. :wacko:

Obama has never played that race card. Ever. And your fears are unfounded and not based in reality. If you don't vote for Obama you're not a racist, and nobody ever said you were. If you want to criticize his policies, you're not a racist and nobody ever said you were.

This article is about people making derogatory remarks about blacks, or saying "I won't vote for him because he's black". That actually is the definition of racism, and is racist.

Can you see the difference? Between actual racism and "crying racism"? If you want, I can draw a picture.

Here's the thing. Our country is now at a crossroad which has never been visited before. For the first time ever, we have the choice of a female president or a black president. Of course using the adjectives "female" and "black" just brings home the fact that no matter what anyone does, we will always refer to minorities by their minority inherited social labels. If our next president is democratic, our country will enter a new phase in its development. With any drastic social change, there will always be conflict, without conflict no significant change can happen.

I had said a while ago that there will never be a black president in the next 50 years because America isn't ready for one. I seem to be wrong in this case. I believe that if Obama wins the Dem nom, he would come out over McCain. I think this would be a good thing. We have two countries here in America - the white one and the black one - and this division between groups is what is holding our country back. I am d@mn curious to see how our country will move forward with a new perspective in the White House.

You have to think of it on a larger scale that extend outside of our own person views - how will the world react to a black president? What social changes will happen? Will we be able to move forward as a society or split further into racial divides?

For what it is worth, i had no doubt in my mind that W. Va would go for Hillary but the interesting thing about W. Va is that it split with Virgina before the Civil War because the counties in W.VA did not support the institution of slavery - though for different reason than you may think, it was more along the lines of slavery interfering with the white man's ability to find work.

+1

I think the WORLD is ready for a black president. Look at other countries that have or have had female/black "rulers". But I am still not sure that USA is ready for one. I know I sure am...

Would Obama get 90% of the black vote if he were white?

Does obama get 90% of the black vote based on his policy or his skin color.

Think about it. Be truthful. Facts are facts

World is ready for black president.

just not Liberal Obama

Edited by moneymakers

Worth noting that females are not a minority, they are a majority - 51% to 49%, I think.

Well in our society - which is male dominated - society still views females as a minority. Females suffer from the 2nd shift syndrome which is when the female of a family comes home, she still deals with a majority of the domestic work like child rearing, they still do not receive a $1 to $1 match on salaries in a majority of career fields out there, only 9% of corporate CEOs are females with 12% being executives, etc, etc. Its less the volume of females in the nation and more of who society still treats them that I am referring to.

Would Obama get 90% of the black vote if he were white?

Does obama get 90% of the black vote based on his policy or his skin color.

Think about it. Be truthful. Facts are facts

World is ready for black president.

just not Liberal Obama

Will Obama receive 90% of the white votes?

Will Obama receive those votes strictly on his policy or skin color?

It doesn't matter at this point. Blacks will vote for him because they see their race finally advancing into a strictly white club. Would we not do the same if rolls were reversed? Doesn't matter why, as long as the person sitting in office upholds the laws of the land.

Well in our society - which is male dominated - society still views females as a minority. Females suffer from the 2nd shift syndrome which is when the female of a family comes home, she still deals with a majority of the domestic work like child rearing, they still do not receive a $1 to $1 match on salaries in a majority of career fields out there, only 9% of corporate CEOs are females with 12% being executives, etc, etc. Its less the volume of females in the nation and more of who society still treats them that I am referring to.

If they'd stop being crazy women, I'd treat them more like men.

What if less than 12% of them deserve to be executives?

Not all of them:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi...rned_white.html

"I'm going to vote for the colored guy," said Henry Ford -- "no, not that Henry Ford," the 87-year old retired carpenter in the Napa Auto Parts hat pointed out. "I don't dislike her, but I don't think a woman can be president of the United States. I don't think she can handle the job."

I always think the whole "is the country ready for a black president" question is pretty silly. right now a black guy, with very little national political experience, whose positions are the farthest left of any candidate since dukakis, or maybe even mcgovern, is basically the odds-on favorite to be the next POTUS. his race clearly helps him with some voters, hurts hin with others. on balance, is the country ready for a black president? maybe a little too ready.

I always think the whole "is the country ready for a black president" question is pretty silly. right now a black guy, with very little national political experience, whose positions are the farthest left of any candidate since dukakis, or maybe even mcgovern, is basically the odds-on favorite to be the next POTUS. his race clearly helps him with some voters, hurts hin with others. on balance, is the country ready for a black president? maybe a little too ready.

Dunno about odds-on. We're still in the primaries and McCain is being provided with a hell of a long preparation period. If he blows it, he'll only have himself to blame.

Dunno about odds-on. We're still in the primaries and McCain is being provided with a hell of a long preparation period. If he blows it, he'll only have himself to blame.

The more time that passes, the older he gets.

I heard he gave some scam telemarketers his credit card number the other day. He was napping on his divan, reading a Readers Digest large-print that he picked up from next to the bowl of lemon drops when they called, and he didn't remember to put his hearing aid in.