[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Will You Be Grilling This Weekend?

Footballjoe

I live in a very small town that has a single grocery store. You'd think that driving to a nearby city to buy food would be worth your while in lower food prices. You'd be wrong 98% of the time if you wanted to buy steak, chicken, or pork.

:wacko: Yet you go to Woodman's in Wisconsin.

:wacko: Yet you go to Woodman's in Wisconsin.

Yes, I love to go there but I don't do it very often. I'm due for another trip over there soon with school getting out next week and with kids home more often. But I buy alot of food in my own home town. I can typically get T-bones or ribeyes for under $7 a pound and usually a little less. I can't find that in Rochester and probably not very often in Onalaska. But yes, I still shop over there and still like it.

Lastnight I grilled about 50 burgers, and 30 dogs. After eating we shot about 100 shells at clay pigeons. I hit about 90% from the mechanical throwing arm, and about 50% from the manual throwing arm. My brother-in-law was doing the manual throwing, and making it as tough as possible.

Today we will be having some left over brisket from last weekend for lunch, and then me and my father-in-law will fry up about 75 crappie filets.

Tomorrow we will probably just throw some links on the grill for lunch and then my father and I will probably smoke a dozen chickens.

We haven't planned out Monday yet, but if I had to guess it will either be some type of grilled seafood or steaks.

I live in a very small town that has a single grocery store. You'd think that driving to a nearby city to buy food would be worth your while in lower food prices. You'd be wrong 98% of the time if you wanted to buy steak, chicken, or pork.

How small? I used to live in Bayfield (pop. 600+) unless the Minneapolis summer interlopers are in town. Now that town's produce section has to be avoided.

Moved to nearby town of 2000. Now that town has a good grocery store.