[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today might be the day...

detlef

...that I snap.

I'm a little freaked out because I'd been trying to get my AC compressor replaced for the last few weeks before it got hot and it got delayed, so the "little engine that could" may or may not be able to pull it off this weekend. This is compounded by the fact that the thermostat in the back of the house fried last night so there's no AC at all there so, besides the fact that my cooks are working in sweltering heat, it's making it harder and harder for my already weak dining room system to hang in there. Right now, we haven't reached disaster stage as we're holding at 79 (which feels pretty damned refreshing when you walk in from the 100 degree heat). The other good news is that it was relatively busy at lunch today so there were some bodies in the room and it still hung on. Of course, the bugger could kick off any minute.

I've got somebody coming by today to fix the kitchen thermo and maybe charge up my dining room unit with some extra coolant. Fingers crossed.

None the less, I'm obviously a bit on edge so my tolerance for idiocy is a bit short. The good news is, my customers are pretty much all really cool people. The bad news is, last I checked, "pretty much all" did not equal all.

Party of three walk in, I attempt to seat them at a table.

"Hmm, this seems sort of dark," one says.

I have about 3-4 other tables open and say, "is there another table you'd like to have?"

"Well, not this one, it's sort of dark."

"Of course, I'm asking if there's another you'd like to have."

"Yeah, 'cause this one is sort of dark."

I make a rather obvious point of addressing the others in the group. "How 'bout this one?" I say offering a near by table that is next to the window. Keep in mind, I was actually avoiding the window table because the windows are radiating 100 degree heat. Everything is fine.

A bit later, some regulars come in who always request the very table that I tried to seat this other party at. As I seat them at the table, dude pipes up, "Don't you think it's too dark over there?"

The couple looks at each other, understandably puzzled and replies, "This is our favorite table."

"Because I think it's too dark."

I'm standing there counting to 10 in my head. Just in the nick of time, his wife reaches over puts her hand on his and says, "Honey, it's OK."

I'm thinking, "Nicely done lady, nicely done."

...that I snap.

I'm a little freaked out because I'd been trying to get my AC compressor replaced for the last few weeks before it got hot and it got delayed, so the "little engine that could" may or may not be able to pull it off this weekend. This is compounded by the fact that the thermostat in the back of the house fried last night so there's no AC at all there so, besides the fact that my cooks are working in sweltering heat, it's making it harder and harder for my already weak dining room system to hang in there. Right now, we haven't reached disaster stage as we're holding at 79 (which feels pretty damned refreshing when you walk in from the 100 degree heat). The other good news is that it was relatively busy at lunch today so there were some bodies in the room and it still hung on. Of course, the bugger could kick off any minute.

I've got somebody coming by today to fix the kitchen thermo and maybe charge up my dining room unit with some extra coolant. Fingers crossed.

None the less, I'm obviously a bit on edge so my tolerance for idiocy is a bit short. The good news is, my customers are pretty much all really cool people. The bad news is, last I checked, "pretty much all" did not equal all.

Party of three walk in, I attempt to seat them at a table.

"Hmm, this seems sort of dark," one says.

I have about 3-4 other tables open and say, "is there another table you'd like to have?"

"Well, not this one, it's sort of dark."

"Of course, I'm asking if there's another you'd like to have."

"Yeah, 'cause this one is sort of dark."

I make a rather obvious point of addressing the others in the group. "How 'bout this one?" I say offering a near by table that is next to the window. Keep in mind, I was actually avoiding the window table because the windows are radiating 100 degree heat. Everything is fine.

A bit later, some regulars come in who always request the very table that I tried to seat this other party at. As I seat them at the table, dude pipes up, "Don't you think it's too dark over there?"

The couple looks at each other, understandably puzzled and replies, "This is our favorite table."

"Because I think it's too dark."

I'm standing there counting to 10 in my head. Just in the nick of time, his wife reaches over puts her hand on his and says, "Honey, it's OK."

I'm thinking, "Nicely done lady, nicely done."

early onset alzheimers. Sad, really.

No, no! Beer sucks on hot days. This is particularly true of any ales brewed in Delaware.

A Mike's Hard Lemonade would do the trick.

Wow, that makes for an easy target...I hope no one changes my words around. :wacko:

A Mike's Hard Lemonade would do the trick.

Wow, that makes for an easy target...I hope no one changes my words around. :wacko:

And they had the newbie wearing the Shockey jersey in the fantasy football ads dong the commercials for them now.