[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10,000 B.C.

Brentastic

I never go to the movies, always wait for DVD. Anyways, I remember seeing the trailer months back and thinking, if done right, this movie should be bad a$$. I just noticed it on PPV and realized I have not heard anything about this movie. Anyone seen it - is it awesome, worth a rent, or downright awful? No spoilers please!!

Saw it in the theatres. I'd give it a "meh". it had some parts that were decent action and others that were either just boring or stupid IMO. It may not be a bad rental movie but it wasn't worth it in the theatre to me.

I've only seen the trailers and I plan on renting it (I wanted to see it in the theaters).

But...10,000 BC?...man was just learning how to go about agriculture, etc. the right way; they weren't even near to the point of building citiies and monuments, etc. :wacko:

Saw it in the theatres. I'd give it a "meh". it had some parts that were decent action and others that were either just boring or stupid IMO. It may not be a bad rental movie but it wasn't worth it in the theatre to me.

Saw it in the theaters. Was looking forward to it and meh is a better review then I would give it.

Some decent action but too infrequent to make up for the rest of the movie.

+1

I just rented it and was going to post about it today, lol. My take:

+'s

Friggin amazing CGI. Seriously top notch.

Cool story line and plot.

-'s

Stupid little realism things. ie. dudes sitting on a rock with snow on it on the top of a mountain with no shirt on.

I dont know if the title of the movie was supposed to imply the the time period when the movie takes place but there are lots of inconsistencies. I think the title should have been more like 2500b.c.e. At most 3000b.c.e.

Spoiler stuff:

Where in the world was this supposed to take place? I am assuming the main tribe was Germanic but the route they travled didnt make sense. So they started in the mountains (Alps, I'm assuming) then they ran through the grasslands with the birds (Iberian peninsula) then they went through the rain forest (Morocco) ran into black people in the desert (somewhere in Northern Africa I'm assuming) then Upper Egypt obviously. Whats your opinion on this? Its the best I can figure.

Anyway, I'm not upset I rented it and was worth it just for the amazing CGI. I would give it a B-. If they shored up the history of it I would give it a B+.

I saw it in the theaters. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Was worth the price to hang out with my 15yr old and chow down a tub of corn and a huge coke.

I wouldn't pay to watch it again, but would certainly watch it again if it showed up on HBO.

I'll have to see the movie to understand what you're saying, but in the late spring when the mountains here are still covered with snow, we'll sometimes go skiing in shorts and t-shirts on "beach day" cuz the ground is cold, but the sun really does warm you up.

Nah - not like that. And the movie is so rife with head-scratching inconsistencies that it detracts from following the story line. They should have called it "10,000 BC give or take 10,000 years as cultures collide".

Apocalypto rocked. I sometimes am moved to stand on my coffee table in the den and announce "I AM JAGUAR PAW AND THIS IS MY FOREST! I HUNT HERE AS DID MY FATHER AND MY SONS"

But...10,000 BC?...man was just learning how to go about agriculture, etc. the right way; they weren't even near to the point of building citiies and monuments, etc. :wacko:

That's the reason I just can't see it. In the trailer, I think I saw pyramids, composite bows, woolly mammoths, steel tools, explosions which I assume were from gunpowder ..... I checked out waaaay early on that flick. Rotten Tomatoes reviews didn't help my interest. 9% :D

Apocalypto rocked. I sometimes am moved to stand on my coffee table in the den and announce "I AM JAGUAR PAW AND THIS IS MY FOREST! I HUNT HERE AS DID MY FATHER AND MY SONS"

You just like scantly clad Latino men in loin cloths.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

+1 Great movie.

This movie is to Apolactypo as Gladiator is to Braveheart.

That's the reason I just can't see it. In the trailer, I think I saw pyramids, composite bows, woolly mammoths, steel tools, explosions which I assume were from gunpowder ..... I checked out waaaay early on that flick. Rotten Tomatoes reviews didn't help my interest. 9% :wacko:

Like I said, the movie should be called 3000b.c. and even then its a implausible.

Edited by DemonKnight