[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meningitis--less fun than it sounds

wiegie

Just got back from the infectious disease doctor and he said that I am doing well and that I am free to return to my daily routine--so apparently this dumbass won't die just yet. :wacko: Thanks for all of your messages of concern. :D

I do still have some funny feelings in my head (not headaches, just peculiar sensations) and the doctor said that this is probably just a side-effect of lingering inflammation that should go away in a couple of weeks. (This was a much better answer than I got from the resident I saw at a normal doctors clinic that I went to in the morning... when I told her about the feelings in my head, she replied, "well, that's weird" and left it at that.)

In any case, overall I feel good. They still don't know what caused the meningitis (although they do know that it wasn't caused by some variant of herpes (which apparently would not have been a good thing)).

Additionally, Polk you might it interesting to know that they were also treating me for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Ehrlichiosis since I did have some ticks on me a few days before I came down with the headache (but the doctor doesn't think that I actually had either of them).

Finally, Whoopazz, hearing about your father is tremendously sad... you have my condolences.

Just got back from the infectious disease doctor and he said that I am doing well and that I am free to return to my daily routine--so apparently this dumbass won't die just yet.

Damn, sorry to hear that Wiegie.

:wacko: Tell me how you really feel.

Wow! I don't know how but I have not been in this thread until right now. I sure am glad that all has turned out well, wiegie. I know that feeling you had when you were writting the letter to the boys. It is really scary and opens your eyes. Good thing you will be around while those eyes are opened.

Just got back from the infectious disease doctor and he said that I am doing well and that I am free to return to my daily routine--

Most Excellent! :D

.....and the doctor said that this is probably ....

Don't you just love definitive answers? :wacko:

In any case, overall I feel good.

Stay that way my friend.... stay that way.

Just got back from the infectious disease doctor and he said that I am doing well and that I am free to return to my daily routine--so apparently this dumbass won't die just yet. :wacko: Thanks for all of your messages of concern. :D

I do still have some funny feelings in my head (not headaches, just peculiar sensations) and the doctor said that this is probably just a side-effect of lingering inflammation that should go away in a couple of weeks. (This was a much better answer than I got from the resident I saw at a normal doctors clinic that I went to in the morning... when I told her about the feelings in my head, she replied, "well, that's weird" and left it at that.)

In any case, overall I feel good. They still don't know what caused the meningitis (although they do know that it wasn't caused by some variant of herpes (which apparently would not have been a good thing)).

Additionally, Polk you might it interesting to know that they were also treating me for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Ehrlichiosis since I did have some ticks on me a few days before I came down with the headache (but the doctor doesn't think that I actually had either of them).

Finally, Whoopazz, hearing about your father is tremendously sad... you have my condolences.

How are your eyeballs? Mine sole up and I could move them. it took weeks for the swelling to go down.

I hated the spinal tap that they did in the ER and the super headaches.

Mine turned out to be viral also but that isolation is scary and sucks.

Glad to hear you made it OK.

+1

Was in the hospital with viral for 2 weeks when I was 15. Glad your ok Weige !

Edited by Front Row

Thanks again for all of your well wishes. :wacko:

Now you can take your time teaching your boys the stuff you wrote in those letters. :D
Yep. I told my dad that one useful thing about the letter is that I can read it to myself from time to time and evaluate how well I am actually putting my words into actions. (I hate to use business phrases, but I guess I could view the letter as a sort of mission statement for me as a dad.)
How are your eyeballs? Mine sole up and I could move them. it took weeks for the swelling to go down.
Thankfully my eyeballs are good (and the doctor yesterday said that there isn't any pressure on them). That is one way that I was self-evaluating the funny sensations in my head: I would look to the left and then to the right and if I didn't feel excruciating pain I relaxed because I figured the meningitis had not resurged.