[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mini Cooper's

Footballjoe

I have 2 mini Cooper's

You won't fit in just one. :wacko:

The problem with the little cars are people like Blitz who send their kids to school with guns because other kids are bringing guns to school. Big cars are definitely "safer" in your mind and in some instances thay probably are safer than little cars. Of course if everyone were driving little cars then little cars would be much more safe. No need to even debate the inherent superiority of gas milage and polutants.

Personally, I like Subarus but people who own them don't like to part with them so to find a quality used one takes effort.

I'm with rr, pound-for-pound the accord is probably an excellent choice although it used to be the most stolen car in America, which I think was a volume issue more than anything.

I didn't test drive one, but my hubby did. Said it wasn't a very smoothe ride. That might not be noticeable if being driven somewhere other than Pittsburgh.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's due to the suspension. It's built more for handling not comfort. My parents and uncle are a little nuts with their minis, they take them all over the US to drive on weird courses that would probably flip a normal car.

I think that if someone is buying a car for comfort then a Mini isn't the best choice.

I think that if someone is buying a car for comfort then a Mini isn't the best choice.

Yeah, I don't see a Mini in my future while I continue to live in a city in which all roads are (1) brick, (2) full of pot holes, or (3) brick and full of pot holes.

:wacko:

Good morning to me. :D

But he wouldn't fit in just one of them cars so I can only accept 1/2 a demerit for that post.

Bro-in-law had a aston martin back in the day. I almost tore the thing apart getting out of it. He had to bolt the seat down and gets a door adjuested, I kid you not. The thing is like a cheap toy.

:wacko:

it's tough to find a vehicle that gets the TimC seal of approval.

Hey Tim, I'm thinking about picking up one of these. Not sure how it is on mileage, but it sure does have some zip off the line.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

You won't fit in just one. :D

The problem with the little cars are people like Blitz who send their kids to school with guns because other kids are bringing guns to school. Big cars are definitely "safer" in your mind and in some instances thay probably are safer than little cars. Of course if everyone were driving little cars then little cars would be much more safe. No need to even debate the inherent superiority of gas milage and polutants.

Personally, I like Subarus but people who own them don't like to part with them so to find a quality used one takes effort.

I'm with rr, pound-for-pound the accord is probably an excellent choice although it used to be the most stolen car in America, which I think was a volume issue more than anything.

Subies...I love mine, and you are right...I have 32K miles on it (Outback, LLbean) and it's a 2001! :wacko: No way I'm selling it. The engine (H-4/H-6) is sought after by those guys that build those amateur airplanes! Why???? Cause they run forever. Boxer engine....great design! The wife drives an Accord. And she won't give that up for anything.

Atomic,

When I said I wanted a car w/ more beef, I was not alluding to a Cadillac! Just something over 3K #'s. Subies have that beef, and they have a great safety rating throughout their line. Sub compacts are scary!

If you want a "Rice Rocket" and still stay safe......try THIS..... 305 HP, mediocre mpg, and enuff beef to protect you!

I love Subarus. I drove an '88 wagon from 1994 to 1998. Then I sold it to a friend who drove it until 2000, and then he sold it to another friend of mine who drove it until it finally died. It had well over 225K on it when it finally went for good. I wished I had kept it because the car I replaced it with (a '94 Isuzu) was long gone by then. Piece of crap.

I love Subarus. I drove an '88 wagon from 1994 to 1998. Then I sold it to a friend who drove it until 2000, and then he sold it to another friend of mine who drove it until it finally died. It had well over 225K on it when it finally went for good. I wished I had kept it because the car I replaced it with (a '94 Isuzu) was long gone by then. Piece of crap.

F' you TimC...............Subies Rule!!!!! :wacko::D