[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre scenario?

muck

1) Favre 'retires' and signs a 'marketing deal' with the Packers.

2) He continues working out and staying in shape.

3) Rodgers gets creamed by some blitzing maniac at some point in the season.

4) McCarthy turns around, points up to Favre in the stands and motions for him to come down to the field.

5) Favre promptly leads the team to a come-from-behind win.

6) Rodgers is never heard from again as Favre leads GB to SB glory and Rodgers is quietly shipped in the coming offseason.

Or maybe:

- Farve reports to camp.

- Coach calls out the first offense and Farve trots out with Rogers.

- Coach tells Farve "Not so, Rogers is the starter until someone beats him out of it, so go wait your turn with the 2nd team"

- Farve yells "I'm not playing behind anyone and I'll retire before that happens.

- Coach "Sorry to hear that Brett, it was nice having you in camp again even if only for a short time"

And we hear no more of Brett Farve - hooray!!!!!!

4) McCarthy turns around, points up to Favre in the stands and motions for him to come down to the field.

5) Favre gets ready to go into the game.

6)McCarthy tells Favre he changed his mind and sends in the rookie Brohm.

7) Rodgers is never heard from again as Brohm leads GB to nowhere and Rodgers is quietly shipped in the coming offseason.

Fixed

Edited by Outshined

???? Why be a dick?

So many different ways to respond to this... I think it's asinine to give away any quarterback that put up 28 TD's to anyone in your division... Oh, they've added the best pass rusher in the league to line up next to the best DT duo in the league? There biggest weakness is at quarterback? Sure, lets send them Favre, that's a genius move.

That and you're quick draw racism that you've proudly displayed on the boards time and time again, or your telling people to kill themselves.

So many different ways to respond to this... I think it's asinine to give away any quarterback that put up 28 TD's to anyone in your division... Oh, they've added the best pass rusher in the league to line up next to the best DT duo in the league? There biggest weakness is at quarterback? Sure, lets send them Favre, that's a genius move.

That and you're quick draw racism that you've proudly displayed on the boards time and time again, or your telling people to kill themselves.

You are still a dick. Quick draw racism? I say a lot of things that people consider racism that I consider issues. I think there is a problem with people in the NFL getting in a lot of trouble with the law. The FACT that a more than normal majority of those people are black is an issue and should be looked into. That is FACT but just because I say it then it is racism.

I have never told people to commit suicide. I posted before that if people took it that way that I apologize. I said if I was a Viking fan that I would have committed suicide by now. Probably a poor attempt at humor but don't say things that I never said.

Favre coming back to the Packers and creating a media circus could hurt this franchise more than letting him go and possibly signing with the Vikings.

I am glad to to now know that you are the smartest person on these boards and the fact that I say let him go to the Vikings is a bad move. You are the smartest and I am now glad to know that I have had the opportunity to at least discuss football with you.

5) Favre promptly leads the team to a come-from-behind win.

6) Rodgers is never heard from again as Favre leads GB to SB glory and Rodgers is quietly shipped in the coming offseason.

One more scenario to take into consideration. Everyone seems to forget Favre is on the cover of Madden this year. Only a matter of time before he suffers an injury and is unable to start due to this injury. Thus breaking his games started streak and tarnishing another aspect of his career. :wacko:

Disagree. Why come here and talk about the org thinking he is bluffing and saying that they have been dishonest? He will be traded in 2-3 days from Monday if not sooner.

Let the Vikes have him.

+1...After mulling this over (yes, I do mull, on occasion!) I feel the same way...this move was made strictly to complete a trade. Look for this to be done by the end of business today.