[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ back at practice

I really like Chad this year. Most are going to pass on him for obvious reasons, but I think Chad has a huge year. The line is healthy and motivated and Rudi is in shape with capable backups. I have him going anywhere in the third to fourth round, which would be huge for me as I think he is smart enough to not tank they year, he already admited he wanted to up his value so he would be traded.

I really like Chad this year. Most are going to pass on him for obvious reasons, but I think Chad has a huge year. The line is healthy and motivated and Rudi is in shape with capable backups. I have him going anywhere in the third to fourth round, which would be huge for me as I think he is smart enough to not tank they year, he already admited he wanted to up his value so he would be traded.

I snagged him at 3.09 in the Ladder All Pro draft last week...VERY happy about that.

The link below is exactly why I think Chad is going to be a steal this year in redraft leagues.

Ocho Cinco

"This year is going to be the reinvention of Ocho Cinco," he said. "I owe Carson. I owe Coach Brat (offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski). I owe Coach Lew (Marvin Lewis). I owe Mike Brown. I owe every fan that I made mad. I've got to stop. I could talk all night. You get the point."

Holy crap... Chad Johnson finally owned it. I think his head may have finally been removed from his ass.

This one has me stumped I really do not know what to think. I was over at a website scoutfantasyfootball.com and they were talking like he is going to have a big year if he can stay in Cinci. But, is he going to be able to stay in a good relationship with Palmer? I have a draft coming up in a week, and I need to get some answers because everything I can see is he is projected to be there in the beginging of the 3rd round, and if he is going to be productive I would love to grab him there.

If you can snag Chad at the beginning of the 3rd round you have a very good chance at winning a championship. The ankle scoping seems to have worked and he's back with a chip on his shoulder (a quality I look for in grading players). Still, he disappears frequently with Housh opposite him and he's gotten so involved in talking up his game that I sometimes wonder if he remembers that it pays to let your game do the talking.

If you can snag Chad at the beginning of the 3rd round you have a very good chance at winning a championship.

That's a big statement. I mean, so, say he finishes top 10 (he was 8 last year). Hell, say he finishes 5th, which I personally would be at least a bit surprised by.

So, based on most drafts, you're going to have 12-15 RBs come off the board in the first 25 picks. Then you've got at least Manning and Brady and possibly Romo or Brees, so you're up in the mid to high teens, add in the other guys in the top 5 WRs and you're about 20-22. So, even if he does finish top 5, you're getting him maybe 3-5 picks before you "should have". Getting one player a few picks before you should hardly seems like something punches your ticket to the promised land.

CJ is not in my top 25, he's actually around #40 for me. And that doesn't mean that I think the guy's not going to have a good year. Rather, that too many other WRs have stepped up so there seems to be better options. Dudes with talent, on teams that throw, who's QBs don't hate them, and don't have another guy on their same team who seems to be a favored red zone target for instance.

That's a big statement. I mean, so, say he finishes top 10 (he was 8 last year). Hell, say he finishes 5th, which I personally would be at least a bit surprised by.

So, based on most drafts, you're going to have 12-15 RBs come off the board in the first 25 picks. Then you've got at least Manning and Brady and possibly Romo or Brees, so you're up in the mid to high teens, add in the other guys in the top 5 WRs and you're about 20-22. So, even if he does finish top 5, you're getting him maybe 3-5 picks before you "should have". Getting one player a few picks before you should hardly seems like something punches your ticket to the promised land.

CJ is not in my top 25, he's actually around #40 for me. And that doesn't mean that I think the guy's not going to have a good year. Rather, that too many other WRs have stepped up so there seems to be better options. Dudes with talent, on teams that throw, who's QBs don't hate them, and don't have another guy on their same team who seems to be a favored red zone target for instance.

I thought you had me on ignore d-bag http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

I too think Chad is going to be a steal in the 3rd round and will have a top 5 fantasy WR year in 2008. He is motivated and is healthy after playing through his ankle injury last year.

Even if he has a top 5 year, he is so inconsistent that he is going to cost your fantasy team games. He'll put up a 20 point game one week and a 2 point game the next. I don't know about you, but I can't survive by getting 2 points from my #1 WR, especially if I took him in the 2nd or 3rd. He will win you some games, but if you have a solid team, the ones he loses for you will be more important.

Even if he has a top 5 year, he is so inconsistent that he is going to cost your fantasy team games. He'll put up a 20 point game one week and a 2 point game the next. I don't know about you, but I can't survive by getting 2 points from my #1 WR, especially if I took him in the 2nd or 3rd. He will win you some games, but if you have a solid team, the ones he loses for you will be more important.

What game did he only put up 2 points? You're forgetting that he's played injured for the past 1 1/2 years, regardless his lowest total in a ppr league was 7.8 points.

they lost their explosive 3rd WR. Rudi tailed off bigtime last year. CJ's always been double-teamed and none of this will help that. and CJ is now a soap opera and his QB probably can't stand him any longer.

no reason to be optimistic towards him this year.

:wacko: ...40?

Agreed. I really see Chad as a BOOM or BUST this year. My theory is those guys who are grouped together after the top 5 WRs all have a swirl of question marks around them.

Steve Smith - 4 game suspension, new weapons, a questionable Delhomme, and an entirely new set of unproven RBs.

Burress - Super Bowl hang-over? No Shockey to take some pressure off throughout the year.

Roy Williams - disappointing in a Mike Martz offense. And you think this year you can count on him as a #1 in a run-first offense?

Colston - never cut it as a #1. Would probably be a great #2 on any team.

Santonio Holmes - speedster with health concerns, run-first team with an aging Ward across from him

CHAD JOHNSON -

If Chad's ankle injury is truly behind him and he plays with focus/a chip on his shoulder this year, I think he has an excellent chance to outperform his ADP and break into the top 5. I don't think it guarantees a championship but I think he has a better chance to outperform his projections than, say, Roy Williams, Holt, Holmes, Chambers, or White.

Dudes with talent, on teams that throw, who's QBs don't hate them, and don't have another guy on their same team who seems to be a favored red zone target for instance.

And now for the BUST portion. Housh is a very valid concern. Also, the fact that everyone on the coaching staff probably hates Ocho Cinco. Palmer (despite what he says) probably wants to teach the guy a lesson and wouldn't mind seeing him earn a few less dollar next year. I could also see the year going south for Chad if doesn't see the ball enough and/or the Bungles lose a lot of games (which they will considering their lack of defense).

Edited by Gros Membres!

they lost their explosive 3rd WR. Rudi tailed off bigtime last year. CJ's always been double-teamed and none of this will help that. and CJ is now a soap opera and his QB probably can't stand him any longer.

no reason to be optimistic towards him this year.

Rudi Johnson is supposedly back to his playing weight of a few years ago, Chad Johnson has issued an apology to the fans, coaching staff, and Palmer specifically. Palmer has no issue with him.

His ankle is also healthy for the first time in years.

Go ahead and cross his name off your boards. :wacko:

Rudi Johnson is supposedly back to his playing weight of a few years ago, Chad Johnson has issued an apology to the fans, coaching staff, and Palmer specifically. Palmer has no issue with him.

His ankle is also healthy for the first time in years.

Go ahead and cross his name off your boards. :wacko:

I am with you Pirate, I like Chad b/c he is cheaper...it is kinda like taking Cotchery over Coles b/c Cotchery can be drafted later and get you the same stats. Chad cn be drafted later than Housh and could be like Cotchery is to Coles...

What game did he only put up 2 points? You're forgetting that he's played injured for the past 1 1/2 years, regardless his lowest total in a ppr league was 7.8 points.

I would bet that very few people that spent a 2nd rounder on Chad in the past two seasons have had much success in their fantasy leagues. Two years ago he absolutely killed me the first half of the season. Ok, so maybe 7.8 was his low, but how many games has he had under about 12 in the past two years, versus how many games the other top WR's have had under that same number? He has bigger games than just about everyone, but his consistency leaves something to be desired. I would much rather have Housh a round later, and I'm a Chad guy. He is one of my favorite players to watch, and I think he incredibly talented, but for whatever reason, whether it be the defense paying tons of attention to him or what, Carson conveniently forgets he is out there. Carson forgets he can "force" the ball down the field to Chad and Chad will make plays. Out of the WR position, I just prefer consistency. At RB it is a bit of a different story, but I would pass on Chad in favor of his more consistent counterparts (Fitz, Housh, Holt, Owens)

At RB it is a bit of a different story, but I would pass on Chad in favor of his more consistent counterparts (Fitz, Housh, Holt, Owens)

Owens is the no.2 fantasy receiver, and Fitz is somewhere around 5-7... Housh, Hold and Johnson are around the 10th. I like Housh and Johnson's situation better with Palmer slinging the ball to them and neither of them have balky knees. From there, I prefer Chad Johnson because he's just a better player. Housh has made a name for himself because Chad Johnson draws so much attention to his side of the field. I think this year we'll see more teams not just focusing in on Johnson the entire game, and I think that will be a boon to his production.