[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hawks-Bolts

HowboutthemCowboys

Now Rivers is locking in on Jackson & almost threw a pick

yeah, he was getting predictable....they sniffed that one right out and should have taken the ball...I forget who almost got the pick, but Rivers looked pretty good up until then...

but Seattle definitely was in some pre-season looks on defense...they left all kinds of holes almost deliberately...

Chambers or Jackson?

First Chambers was getting all the looks. Then Rivers went primarily to Jackson with one more long pass attempt to Chambers on 3rd & 12.

Probably 60 - 40 / Chambers - Jackson, but look to Play-by-Play for definitive answer as I haven't been tracking the targets with pen & paper.

EDIT: I would say that Chambers was targeted on about 75% of the deep balls Rivers threw.

Edited by Big Score 1

First Chambers was getting all the looks. Then Rivers went primarily to Jackson with one more long pass attempt to Chambers on 3rd & 12.

Probably 60 - 40 / Chambers - Jackson, but look to Play-by-Play for definitive answer as I haven't been tracking the targets with pen & paper.

EDIT: I would say that Chambers was targeted on about 75% of the deep balls Rivers threw.

I saw Chambers messing up too much....Jackson was coming down with the ball...at least from what I saw...

getting the deep looks and coming down with them make the difference and that's why I've soured on Chambers after liking him early on in his career...

I saw Chambers messing up too much....Jackson was coming down with the ball...at least from what I saw...

getting the deep looks and coming down with them make the difference and that's why I've soured on Chambers after liking him early on in his career...

Chambers looked OK to me.

He made a sick deep catch along the sideline where Trufant nudged him to where one foot went out of bounds. Was just a hair overthrown on another deep pass down the middle. On the 3rd & 12 Rivers was rushed and his throw to Chambers was low & away. Just had a nice little pass to the side where Chambers caught it away from his body with his hands but the defender was right there to knock it loose. In fact, on that throw Jaws made the comment that Rivers wouldn't have been able to make that tight of a throw last year, or if he had, it would've been picked. (Jaws also said Chambers had to hang onto that ball better)

Now don't get me wrong, Jackson has looked good too.

On a side note, except for that one ill advised throw to Jackson, I'd have to say I've been quite impressed with Rivers. Looks light years better than he did last year.

To me anyway.

I think they scored on their 2nd play from scrimmage. Was'nt really watching, just had it on.

Sproles is freakin' quick.

Little quick guys like Sproles and Forsett always shine in the preseason and become fan favorites. However, when the big boys come out and play in two weeks, most of the little guys can't fall forward enough to be anything but a 3rd down scatback. Westbrook is the only one I can really think of that was able to turn a scatback style into a successful every down back.

Laurence Jackson is playing as are Obomanu, Taylor and Kent. I'd like one of these WR's to emerge but which one? Taylor seems to be the favorite.

It has to be Obomanu or Taylor. Barring injury to Burleson, Kent won't see the field since they play the same position and neither one plays any others. Obomanu should be consistently decent, but Taylor is the one with the upside down the field. I think it is becoming obvious that Kent is the most talented of the three, but I think Holmgren and the staff are being punished for maybe just a little bit of bad luck or poor planning. They didn't expect Kent to get this good so fast, so they ended up not having an opening for him, despite not having their top 3 WR's from last year actiive.

Edited by Seahawks21